Maryperk, Elisabeth Anne Summers, Sharon ( by the way, I updated also ‘Before, Now, Forever’ yesterday, ok? Anyway, if you give me your e-mail, even privately, I can inform you personally whenever I update ) , THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

Here’s the new part:

Broken Hearts (II) (Lyrics form ‘Perfect World’ by Simple Plan)

************************ (In the meantime)

SUNNYDALE

Buffy was in some sort of trance. It wasn’t the catatonic state she had fallen into after Glory had kidnapped Dawn, but it was pretty similar.

I NEVER COULD HAVE SEEN THIS FAR
I NEVER COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING
IT SEEMS LIKE MY WORLD IS FALLING APART

< He was just pretending, it was only a charade... how could I be so stupid not to realize that? I should have known better, he’s a vampire, after all, a soulless vampire... > Buffy thought, scolding herself for her ingenuity.

It wasn’t pleasant to miss... an illusion.

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO HARD?
I DON’T THINK THAT I CAN DEAL
WITH THE THINGS YOU SAID
IT JUST WON’T GO AWAY

His words still echoed in her head.

< How can it be that he kept with the pretence for so long? The torture by Glory, the fact that he helped me and the Scoobies even when he wasn’t supposed to do that anymore... all the comfort that he gave me after my resurrection. No, he couldn’t have done that just to disappoint me so bad with what he told me. If it’s really so... oh my, the hell with his change, he’s still evil, even eviler than the Master, Angelus, Mayor Wilkins, Adam and Glory all put together! > she thought alarmed.


IN A PERFECT WORLD THIS COULD NEVER HAPPEN
IN A PERFECT WORLD YOU’D STILL BE HERE

But Buffy knew that the world was anything but perfect. Before jumping in that deadly vortex she had told her sister that the hardest thing in the world is to live in it.

And maybe the only place where everything was perfect was in Heaven... and sometimes she wished to go back and this was just one of those moments.

AND IT MAKES NO SENSE
I CAN JUST PICK UP THE PIECES
BUT TO YOU IT MEANS NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL

< There’s still a missing piece in this senseless story. All I know is that Spike doesn’t care about me anymore... if he ever really did! Anyway, he pretended so damn well... >

I USED TO THINK THAT I WAS STRONG
UNTIL THE DAY IT ALL WENT WRONG
I THINK I NEED A MIRACLE TO MAKE IT THROUGH
I WISH THAT I COULD BRING YOU BACK
I WISH THAT I COULD TURN BACK TIME
CAUSE I CAN’T LET GO, I JUST CAN’T FIND MY WAY

< It’s not even a matter of turning back time and make things right. Nothing can be right. I don’t love a person, I don’t even love a vampire. I love an illusion. I’m in love with who I thought Spike was, and nothing can bring that back to me. So, if it’s possible, now I feel even more displaced than before. I miss my illusion, I want it back... > the blonde thought, preventing the tears to take her over.


I DON’T KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO KNOW
I DON’T KNOW WHERE I SHOULD GO
I’M STILL HERE WAITING FOR YOU
I’M LOST WHEN YOU’RE NOT AROUND
I NEED TO HOLD ON TO YOU
I JUST CAN’T LET YOU GO

All of the sudden, someone turned the light on, taking her mind off her reverie.

“After years and years of slaying them, now it seems that you’ve also turned into a vampire!” Dawn mocked her. “What are you doing here, all alone, lurking in the shadows?” she asked Buffy, sitting close to her.

After that wild night, Buffy had let Dawn know about Spike’s decision to leave town, but without saying anything about their relationship. As the blonde had predicted, Dawn had yelled the hell out of her, blaming her for everything. But as soon as she had found out about his return, for Dawn was as if that fight had never ever happened.

In fact, now the teenager was cuddled close to her, letting Buffy caress her hair along all its length, tenderly.

“Forgive me, Dawnie, I didn’t mean to wake you up, it’s just that...” she trailed, but her sister got up in a leap, noticing something.

“Hey, wait a minute... whenever you caress my hair like that... it’s because you have love troubles!” the girl recalled.

“What?”

“Don’t even try to deny it. You used to do that after you and Riley had a fight or when you and Angel crossed a rough patch. Well, the stuff about Angel, it’s just fake memories, but the point is that now you have love troubles. So, who is he? You know, Spike won’t be happy when he finds out that you have a crush on another guy...” she commented, but her sister’s awkward silence was the most eloquent answer.

“Oh, my God! It’s Spike! You two are together!” she exulted, visibly excited.

“I can’t hide anything to you, can I?” Buffy gave in, rolling her eyes.

“No, you can’t, and now, from sister to sister, tell me * everything *. And don’t start with the ‘you’re still too young to understand stuff... because hello? I’m going to be sixteen years old in a few months and... fresh news, I also date guys!” her sister struck back.

“Yes, you also dated a vampire once. Well, that does nothing but prove that you are my sister for real!” the blonde chuckled, coming back to her usual good mood.

“Yes, but not this time. I’m dating a guy who’s not a vampire or a demon... although he’s not exactly what you can properly call a good guy, either,” Dawn warned her, making Buffy worry. “But don’t worry, that was his past, now he’s changed and he did for me!” she added.

“So, how long have you two being dating and when the hell had you planned to tell me that?” Buffy wondered.

“Uh! Well, it’s just been a couple of months. We met one day at the amusement park and... Bam, now we are together!” she smiled. “I would’ve told you, but you know... you are always too busy trying to save the world to care about your little sister’s life!” Dawn struck back, a little bit upset.

“Oh, Dawnie, I...” Buffy murmured.

“You know what? I forgive you, but just because you always manage to save it!” the girl smiled at her.

“Anyway, Dawn, when a guy says that he’ll change for you... you shouldn’t trust him so easily...” Buffy warned her.

“A-ha! I got it, you are talking about Spike now, aren’t you?”

“Gee, since when did you become so wise?”

“Well... after all, in a certain sense, I’m a thousand years old!” Dawn struck back.

Buffy kept silent for a while. She knew that it would be good for her to talk with someone about this. Willow and Tara had been away for two weeks, due to a meeting with other witches and it would take long for them to come back. Anya wasn’t the most suitable interlocutor for that kind of speeches. And at the very end, Dawn was mature enough to understand and maybe give her some advice, too. She had to quit treating her as a baby.


“Ok, Dawn, I’m gonna tell you everything, PG-13 version, of course! But no one knows, so keep the secret!” she warned her.

“My lips are sealed and my ears are spread. So, spit out!” she incited her big sister, sitting close to her once again.

TBC

I hope you enjoyed this sweet moment between sisters ;)