Author's Chapter Notes:
Maryperk, Elisabeth Anne Summers, Shelly, Sharon, thank you so very very much, I aodre you all!!!! ;)

sorry for late, finally here's the new part:
Chapter X: Little Sis’ Big Mission

After her sister’s report, Dawn hadn’t wasted time and the next morning, instead of going to school, she decided to head towards a certain crypt.

Since it was morning, as it’s easy to imagine, Spike was still sleeping peacefully in his bed, because oddly for once his soul seemed not to annoy him; but as soon as his predator senses turned on and he felt a presence in his crypt, he jolted awake, got up and got dressed in a heartbeat, going upstairs.

He was astonished when he realized who had got in.

“Hey, Ni...”

< Gee, you bloody idiot! She thinks you are Peaches, so say anything but ‘Nibblet’! > the bleached blond scolded himself.

“Nifty girl, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at school now, as all the good little girls should be?” he immediately corrected himself.

“I’m not a little girl, I’m almost SIXTEEN YEARS OLD! So, stop calling me that!” the teenager roared.

< Good job, I fooled her!> Spike thought satisfied.

“Angel, what the hell are * you * doing * here *? Where’s Spike?” Dawn questioned him, putting her hands on her hips.

“Well, now I un-live here, if you don’t mind. It happens that Spike gave me his crypt and he already found a new one for him. Didn’t Buffy tell you that?”

“Buffy told me lots of things, but she must have forgotten about the crypt issue,” she explained.

“Wait a minute. What do you mean with ‘Buffy told me lots of things’? Did she tell you...” he asked her, without even managing to finish his question.

“Yes, she told me everything about the relationship she had with Spike... and now guess what? You come back all of the sudden and they broke up. This can’t be a simple coincidence, Angel, I don’t believe in coincidences!” she said, coldly.

“So, do you think that it’s my fault if they split?” Spike wondered, glad that Buffy had finally decided to talk with someone about their relationship and even more so that this someone had been her little sister whom Spike loved as the little sister he had never had.

Too bad that now she was glaring at him with the iciest look ever.

“I don’t just think that, I’m damn sure that it’s all your fault. C’mon, you’ve always had a thing for Buffy and you can’t stand the idea that she could find the happiness she deserves with another vampire who is not you. That’s why you have told Spike lots of crap to make him believe that what he was doing was wrong and then you persuaded him to leave her... confess, you... damned couple-breaker!” she accused him.

“I’m sorry, but I have to disappoint you, Miss soon-to-be-a-detective, I didn’t talk Spike into leaving Buffy, he did it all on his own. But you are right about one thing. I care about Buffy, I still love her, I want her back and I’m gonna do all I can to get her. And trust me, she shouldn’t be upset and waste her time with the Whelp, he doesn’t want her, he has other priorities now...” Spike said, without realizing that he’d talked way too much.

“Did you just called Spike ‘Whelp’?” Dawn narrowed her eyes, astonished.

“Did I? I don’t know how that word came out from my mouth. Well, after all, I’m more than a century older than him... so I have the right to call him that! Whatever, the point is that he’s not worthy of Buffy, I am and I’m gonna prove it!” Spike struck back.

“No, you won’t! You can’t! Do you have the slightest idea how long I’ve been dreaming about Spike and my sister being together? Then, it finally happens, but I don’t have even the time to enjoy it, because they have already broken up in the worst way ever. Anyway, I don’t believe a single word of what you said, I’m still hopeful about them going back together, I just know they will. It always works like that when two people are meant to be together,” the teenager commented.

Spike was touched by those words, he could almost feel his eyes getting wet by the two little tears that were about to roll over his cheeks, but the vampire managed to push them away in time.

Dawn, his Nibblet wished that he and Buffy were together.

She had never told him that, quite the contrary, at a certain point he had even suspected that she had a crush for him, and truth is that that had happened for real, although it had vanished with the same quickness with which she had passed from N’ Sync to Blue!

Spike would have liked to hug her and kiss her forehead in a brotherly way, but he couldn’t betray himself. Anyway, he didn’t manage to hide a smile.

“So, why are you smiling now?” she asked him roughly.

Spike called himself idiot for the second time in less than half an hour, and then he tried to rescue himself from that awkward situation.

“Well, it’s you who makes me smile, because you are all daydreaming and hopeful about something that will never happen! The truth is that Buffy and I will end up together again, whatever you like it or not,” he declared.

“I hate you!” she snapped, throwing daggers at him with her eyes.

“You’ll change your mind and it will be soon...” he smiled at her.

“Don’t be so sure about that!” she struck back. “And now just tell me where I can find Spike!” she added.

< He’s just in front of you!> he thought, but obviously he gave her a different answer.

After getting all the info she needed, Dawn left his crypt enraged, shutting the door.

< Well, my dear Nibblet, to win you back will be a piece of cake. The real challenge will be your big sis, but it’s a challenge that I’m gonna win!> the gorgeous bleached blond thought, returning downstairs to his bed.

(End I)

I hope you'll still like it! ;)