MaryPerk, Elisabeth Summers, Sharon, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

sorry for late, but finally i'm back with this story, too ;)



Chapter XII: Strategies

****************************** (In the meantime)

SUNNYDALE

As soon as Angel informed Xander about what Anya had done, he hadn’t lost any time and headed towards the house that just a few days ago used to be his.

Of course, he had to wait until the sunset before he did. He had been lucky, because he found all his stuff still there, scattered everywhere. He was gathering all his clothes, his videotapes and the CDs that somehow hadn’t been destroyed by the harsh impact; when, after hearing some noises, Anya stepped outside the house, catching him off guard as he picked his stuff.

“Spike, what the hell are you doing?” the girl snapped, approaching to him.

“Oh, I’m just... well, I’m stealing!” Xander shrugged nonchalantly.

“This stuff isn’t yours, so put it down!” she summoned him.

“Hey, baby, have you ever checked on the dictionary what ‘steal’ means?” Xander struck back with a smirk, and then he recalled Spike’s exact words when he had caught him as he stole his stuff before leaving the basement where he had been his not very welcomed guest for a while. “And you are what? Shocked and disappointed? I’m evil!” he added with arrogance, still gathering his stuff as he’d been doing before.

“You know what? I don’t even know why I scolded you. You are free to take everything and set it on fire, I couldn’t care less!” Anya corrected herself.

Xander apologized with himself as he got ready to say something he hated. “Let me guess, the Whelp and you had a fight, right?”


“A fight? He just treated me almost as if he didn’t know me, then he invented a bunch of lame excuses to leave me in order to go to L.A. and you know that Cordelia, his ex-girlfriend, is there. To think that I even helped her once to make one of her wishes come true! This is so unfair, that’s why I...” she began confessing, but she stopped, seeing that Xander was taking his job tools, too.

“Hey, what are you doing now? Why do you need even that stuff?” she questioned him.

“Well, since Xander left, someone has to replace him at work...” he explained as if it was the most natural thing.

“And * you * want to do that?” she looked at him in disbelief.

“Sure, me. It’s not like it’s too difficult, I just have to stick two bricks together, it’s something that anyone can do...” he justified.

< That’s great. Now I’m insulting my very important and responsible job. But it’s for a good cause... > he thought.

“Plus, I happen to get bored, so a nightly job would help with that and I’ll earn some money, too, honest money!” he clarified.

“Money is money, I don’t give a damn if it’s honest or not! Anyway, I give up trying to understand what’s going on in your head! Well, at least this time you don’t think you’re home, that’s already something!” the girl responded, ready to leave, but he grabbed her by her forearm.

“Well, don’t you know the saying: ‘Home is where your heart is’?” he whispered at her ear, caressing her face with a finger, before disappearing on the horizon.

“Oh my, Spike has a crush on me!” the girl thought out loud, a little bit puzzled, as she unconsciously traced with her hand the cheek that Xander had just caressed.

********************************** (In the meantime)

< Oh, c’mon, why can’t I remember the bloody name of that band? Dawn does nothing but talk about them... > Spike thought, pacing around his crypt.

He remembered when she tried to attach a poster on the lower level of his crypt. She had tried to justify herself by telling him that, since he always accused her of mistaking the Big Bad’s abode for her personal bedroom, she should make it look a little more like her personal bedroom; but as it’s easy to imagine that poster didn’t stay on that wall for long.

Anyway, the bleached blond vampire’s visual memory helped some important particulars surface.

< Ok, there are four members... and for some strange reason they are considered gorgeous. Plus, their name was something... a colour, yes, it was a colour. Uhmm... Pink? No, that’s a woman. Green... Green Day? No, that’s a band * I * like. Red... Red Hot Chilli Peppers? Naaah, same issue. White... White Stripes... no, that’s not her kind of music, Orange... Orange County? No, that’s only a TV show. Grey, Yellow... Blue... Blue. Yeah, that’s it, bingo!> he exulted, silently satisfied.

Now that he had recalled the exact name of the band, there came the hardest part. He would have asked his friend Clem to go there for him, but now the odd and harmless demon saw Spike as a total stranger.


After convincing his soul that what he was planning to do wouldn’t damage anyone, seriously, but would just give a big, big scare, and convincing his demon that it was an unfair and evil deed as well, worth of the Big Bad he was, as soon as the sun set, Spike had headed towards the nearest music store.

The clerk was a young boy and he had immediately noticed his eccentric look.

“Hey, can I help you?” he asked him.

“Yeah, I need two tickets for ...”

“Let me guess, Billy Idol, right? Too bad that he’s not in tour, but there are some cool shows by System of a Down, New Found Glory, NOFX...” the clerk interrupted him.

“No, it’s not that...” Spike grumbled, as he actually would have enjoyed every one of those shows with the excitement of a kid.

“Oh, so maybe it’s for the Foo Fight...”

“Blue...” Spike whispered, as ashamed as never before.

Not even when he was forced to stay on an unpleasant wheelchair and Angelus stole Drusilla under his nose every time he pleased ... had he felt so humiliated.

“What?” the clerk looked at him puzzled.
“I need two tickets for the stupid Blue!” he confirmed, snapping when he saw that the guy was about to burst out laughing. “Just dare to laugh and I’ll make a necklace with your teeth!” he threatened him. “By the way, it’s bloody not for me!” he clarified.

“Yeah, yeah, sure. Who doubts about that? Well, fake punk-man, don’t forget your big poster full of hearts to wave when you’re on the first row, singing all their hits as loud as you can!” the clerk commented, smirking, as he took the tickets for the concert for the next night.

Spike didn’t manage to hold a growl. “C’mon, buddy, make another witty remark like that, but don’t complain when I rip out your tongue and use it to strangle you!” he warned him with a darker tone.


“Do you really think you can scare me?” the clerk struck back, as sceptic as ever, but he definitely changed his attitude when he saw the guy’s face turn into something utterly different and disquieting.

“Yes, I really do!” Spike sneered, showing his fangs with a fierce and cold look.

“Please, don’t kill me!” the boy implored him, terrified.

“Well, how much is it?” the vampire asked him kindly and calmly, drawing out a bunch of dollars out of his pocket, the result of some lucky victories at the gambling tables.

“It’s... it’s on the house, just leave!” the other answered, crawling behind the counter.
“Really? Oh, thank you. It’s a rarity to find such a kind and generous guy nowadays!” the bleached blonde smiled, shifting back into his splendid human features and taking the tickets. “Have a nice day, buddy!” he waved his hand, leaving.

As soon as he was outside, Spike searched in his pocket, drawing out a cigarette and his lighter.

“Well, well, my old fellow , you still got it!” he congratulated himself, lighting up the cigarette.
“Fear: soul or not, I just love when people feel it!” he sneered, taking the first drag.

TBC

A/N: I know, I know, it’s pretty impossible to find two tickets for the show of the next night, but... it’s a fiction, after all, so, please, close an eye to that.

Plus, I apologize to all the Blue’s fans, I hope you won’t be mad at me, c’mon, it’s just for fun! ;P


I hope you’ll still like it..