Shelly, Elisabeth Anne Summers, Sharon, tahnk you all so much!!! ;)
Well, I read that some of you are pretty confused about what’s happening in this story, so, let me make things clearer... or at least try:

First of all, NO ONE switched from their bodies.

As I said at the beginning, they all kept their bodies and physical features. It’s just that now Angel is human, but he still looks like Angel; Xander is a vampire, but he still look like Xander, and Spike has got his soul back, but he still retained his awesome physical appearance!

I’ll explain things a little better: for example, in Buffy’s mind (as in everyone else’s mind, except for Xander, Spike and Angel, of course!), it’s like Angel has always been bleached blond, with blue eyes, sexy cheekbones, punk style... in a word... Spike! But she remembers him as the ‘broody’ Angel.

And her best friend Xander, for her has always looked like Angel, but with Xander’s character.

About Spike, well, for Buffy it’s like he has always looked like Xander (A very huge difference, I know! Well... not that Xander is so bad looking…), but with Spike’s cool and cocky demeanor.

And that’s the same for everyone else, as you’ll discover chapter by chapter.

I hope it’s clearer now...

If it isn’t, just ask me whatever you please!




Two Little Doves With A Stone (II)

“Hello?” Buffy’s voice answered.

“Hey, it’s me, I just wanted to let you know that I’m not coming home until later tonight...”

“Are you with Janice?”

“Not exactly...” Dawn responded, but then, Buffy recognized the clear noise of the car’s engine.

“Dawn, where are you?” she questioned her sister with authority in her tone.

“It’s such a long story.”

“Dawn!”

“Okay. Do you remember the Blue’s concert?”

“Don’t tell me that you are going there. We already talked about that. You’re still too young to go alone to a concert and I have no time to take you. I’m sorry, but I’m uber busy with the Double Meat and then patrolling... So, if you are in a cab, get the hell off and come back here!” she summoned her.

“I’m not in a cab...”

“What? Did you hitch a ride?”

“Sort of...”

“Dawn, you have no idea of the big trouble you’re getting yourself in. Now, get back here and...”

“LookAngelisherewithme!” her little sister rushed to explain, without even taking a breath.

“Uh? Angel?”

“Yeah, Angel. So, see, Buffy? Your little sis is safe and sound. I’m gonna bring her back home by midnight, half past midnight at the utmost. Okay? See ya later!” Spike hung up, after snatching the mobile from Dawn’s hand, without losing his attention on the road.

“See ya later...” Buffy hung up in the most total bewilderment. She was sure of only one thing: Dawn was safe and that was enough.

--------------------------------------------------------

At a quarter past midnight, Buffy was outside on the porch waiting for them, and from afar she saw the headlights of a car that she recognized as Angel’s.

Dawn got off the car, as enthused as never, hugging her sister.

“Oh, Buffy, it was incredible. We were a bit late, so I thought that we would have to watch the show from afar. But instead, Angel kept growling and flashing fangs to everyone. So they backed off in fear and bit by bit... I reached the first row... and Lee touched my hand during the last song! Aaaahhhhhh! I’m the happiest girl in the world!” she exclaimed and then she hugged Spike tightly. “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” she repeated as a mantra.

“My pleasure. No, wait, who am I kidding? I hated every second of that, it was pure torture... but if you’re happy, that’s all that matters!” he answered, ruffling her hair affectionately.

“Anyway, now the happiest girl in the world should go sleep. Tomorrow you have school and just forget about staying home, got me?” Buffy warned her.

“Whatever you want. ‘Night, guys!” Dawn beamed, getting inside.

Buffy decided to remain outside, sitting on the porch steps and Spike sat beside her.

“So, was it worse even than when you were in Hell?” she teased him.

“Uh?”

“Hello? That ugly statue, me shoving a sword through your heart. Sending you to Hell... ringing any bells?”

“Oh, right, me being in Hell... of course. Well, hell yeah, tonight was even worse, and I don’t think that I would have survived if I hadn’t had my trustful walkman and my compilation of... classic music turned at the loudest!” Spike explained, making her laugh.

< Well, I don’t think that Nirvana, the Ramones, the Sex Pistols and Guns & Roses would be Peaches’ stuff... > Spike thought, rolling his eyes.

“Jokes aside, thank you, Angel. What you did for Dawn was amazing. She really needed that,” she replied and then she fell into a deep silence.

“A penny for your thoughts…” Spike said, showing her a penny for real.

“Uh! No, you wouldn’t like to hear them…” she justified.

“Just tell me...” he exhorted her.

“Okay, but don’t tell me later that I didn’t warn you. It’s just that… you know... sitting here, enjoying the quiet of the night once Dawn goes to sleep, and then talking about anything and everything... Well, I used to do all this stuff with Spike...” she admitted, a little bit melancholically. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have told you that!” she added, immediately after, recovering.

“Don’t apologize, I don’t mind if you talk about him. After all... you two had an important story, at least I think you did,” Spike answered, pleased by her declaration.

“So, no scenes of jealousy if I mention your biggest enemy ever? Gee, you came back way more mature than I thought!” she smiled.

“Did you love him?” he dared to ask her.

“Whatever my answer is, I guess I should have told Spike first, don’t you think?” she struck back.

“Of course. I have no right to know...” he rolled his eyes.

“Anyway, you know, he seemed to care about me for real, he was always here for me, he said that he would never leave... and I was about to believe that this time he was the right one, that I could let myself go... Instead, he left, just like all the others did, like you left me, too!” she explained.

“Yes, but I came back after just two days!” Spike said, without thinking.

“What? Maybe for you it was just two days, but here on Planet Earth it was for * three long years *!” she snapped.

“Whatever. I just want you to know something. I think that if someone really loves you, he’ll always come back to you, no matter what, no matter how...”

< And no matter whom you think he is!> he thought.

“Are you saying that you came back... to me?” she asked, wavering.

“I came back. That’s all what matters,” he answered.

“Oh, Angel, forgive me. When I saw you at Spike’s crypt, I was so rude and unkind...”

“As if that was the first time!” he grumbled.

“What?” she looked at him, puzzled.

“Never mind,” He shrugged it off.

“Angel, can I ask you something? I’ve been noticing that on the last couple of days...”
“What?”

“Why are you talking with ... a British accent?” she frowned.

“Uh! Well, that’s a funny story. Let’s just say that I had to play an Englishman due to a mission, and I got so much into my role... that now I’m having huge troubles shaking the accent off!” he justified, cleverly. “That reminds you of Spike, doesn’t it?” he asked her.

“Yes, a little. I’m sorry...” she apologized again, getting upset.

“I already told you that I understand, don’t be sorry. If it helps you, I’ll try not to talk like this anymore... but it won’t be easy at all.”

“No, don’t. I like hearing you talk like that, it seems so natural,” she smirked.

“It is!” he smiled back.

All of the sudden, a cold wind blow and Buffy held her large white sweater tighter to her body.

“Wanna come in?” she invited him, opening the door, and he accepted very willingly.

He sat at the table in her kitchen, as she took two cups and a pot.

“What are you doing, Buffy?” Spike looked at her amused, already knowing the answer.

“Uh! Oh my, I’m sorry, it’s just that... I was so used to making hot chocolate when Spike was here. Gee, I did it again, you must hate me!” Buffy apologized.

“You know what? I happen to like hot chocolate, too. So, I would share a cup with you very willingly...” he smiled.

“What? Are you kidding? The only liquid you drink... is blood!” she commented skeptically.

“Well, Buffy, I’ve changed, you can’t begin to imagine how much!” he struck back with a smirk.

“I see...” she murmured, starting to prepare the hot chocolate, but when she turned back again, she saw him doing something else.

“Angel, what the hell are you doing?” she questioned him, catching him as he was busily turning all the little angel figures on the shelf so they would face to the wall. Those figures had always been there, but now for Spike they made a huge difference.


“They... they keep looking at me and they judge me and they scold me for what I did for so long... and I don’t want them to look at me!” Spike justified, turning the last figurine.

“Gee, Angel, you’ve have your soul back for more than a century, you can’t be having such a crisis now!” she commented, shaking her head as she poured the chocolate in two cups.

“You know, sometimes I feel like I’ve had this bloody soul for just a few days!” he explained, but she was looking at him as if he came from Mars.

“You... did you just said ‘bloody’? Admit it, you’re doing that on purpose!” she accused him.

“Uh? Did I really? I didn’t mean to... but you know, I spent something like twenty years with Spike, so I took some of his bad habits... but just sometimes...” he justified.

“So, how was to spend time with Spike? Although you always claim that you hate him… did you like it at the very end?” she wondered curiously, sipping in her cup.

“Well, you know... he is a guy with whom you could spend an eternity with, without ever getting bored. He wouldn’t have made you miss anything. Well, but now you could spend an even better eternity with me, I can tell!” he smiled at her, taking the cups to the kitchen sink once they were done.

“Here we go once again! You’re trying to win me back. What do you want from me? Why do you like me so much?” she questioned him, rolling her eyes in exasperation.

“Because you’re fair and I’m not, you dislike material things and I don’t, you’re full of ideals and I’m not. And then, you’re very beautiful, and I... well, I am, too!” he smirked, making her smile.

“Well, take me to Bloomingdale one of these nights and I’ll show you how much I dislike material things!” she joked, but he looked at her with a sneer.

“Is that a date?” he raised his scarred eyebrow.

“Uhmm... we’ll see...” she smiled, winking at him, as they both headed towards the door.

“Well, it’s pretty late, I’d better go now. I still have a question, though,” Spike said.

“Tell me...”

“Can I kiss you?” he asked her, staring at her with his ocean blue eyes.

Buffy blinked.

“Of course you can’t!” she answered.

“I can’t. I already imagined so. But is it because you don’t like me any more ... or because you’re unfair and evil?” he wondered.

“Because I’m unfair and evil!” Buffy smiled.

“Lucky for me. At least, this is good news...” he smiled, leaving. “Goodnight, Buffy!” he waved his hand, disappearing into the night.

“Goodnight, Angel!” she closed the door behind her back, confused and oddly happy.

TBC

DISCLAIMER: Taken from the movie ‘Se Fossi In Te’:

Caterina :”What do you want from me? Why do you like me so much?”

Bernardo (Former Christian): “Because you’re fair and I’m not, you dislike material things and I don’t, you’re full of ideals and I’m not. And then, you’re very beautiful, and I... well, I am too!”

------------------------------------------

Bernardo (Former Christian): “Can I kiss you?”

Caterina: “Of course you can’t!”

Bernardo (Former Christian) “I can’t. I already imagined so. But is it because you don’t like me ... or because you’re unfair and evil?”

Caterina: “Because I’m unfair and evil!”

Bernardo (Former Christian): “Lucky for me. At least this is good news...”

I hope you’re still enjoying the story