Thank you so much, Elisabeth Anne Summers, you are very kind! ;)
Here’s the new part

Chapter Three: Be Careful With What You Wish For
(Lyrics from ‘There is’ by Boxcar Racer ... i.e. two of the members of blink-182 (the singer/guitarist and the drummer) under another name, LOL! Anyway I adore this song, it’s my favourite of their whole album and I knew that sooner or later it would come in handy...)

THIS VACATION IS USELESS, THESE WHITE PILLS AREN’T KIND
I’VE GIVEN A LOT OF THOUGHTS ON THIS THIRTEEN HOUR DRIVE

Spike had been driving for hours, it was already a little after noon by now.

He could have taken a vacation, but that would’ve been useless, he could have gotten high with pills and drugs, or do whatever else, but nothing would prevent him from thinking about her, about what they had, about what they could have had.

I’VE GIVEN A LOT OF THOUGHTS TO THE NIGHTS WE USED TO HAVE
THE DAYS HAVE COME AND GONE, OUR LIVES WENT BY SO FAST
I FAINTLY REMEMBER BREATHING ON YOUR BEDROOM FLOOR
WHEN I LAID AND TOLD YOU BUT YOU SWEAR YOU LOVE ME MORE

He thought about their wild nights, from the first, when after a restless fight, they both had given in to their instincts with such a passion that... they had taken the house down.

Then he remembered when, due to a special ray, Buffy had become invisible, but she hadn’t given up looking for him, quite the contrary!

He remembered the sexual tension between them at the magic shop, when he had asked her out on Halloween to patrol together, a kind of official first date, and also at her birthday, when... if only the blonde witch hadn’t interrupt them... God only knows what would have happened!

But things had evolved too fast as the days went on and that had ended up scaring her and making her take up a defensive position.

During one of their countless secret meetings, taking advantage of the fact that Dawn was at her best friend’s house, Buffy had taken Spike into her room, but as it happened nine out of ten times, they had missed the bed and ended up clinging at each other on the floor.

Sometimes, although she had never said anything to him, Spike felt loved by Buffy, as when, in his crypt, although she had said no at first, Buffy had trusted him so much that he had let him handcuff her to his bed.

Yeah, sometimes he had the feeling that she loved him. Her caresses gave him the sweet suspicion; her kisses made him realize it and her sparkling green/hazel eyes confirmed it to him.

Her words... well, they were a shield she used against... him? Herself? The Scoobies’ reactions? Not even he had figured out why she did it.


DO YOU CARE IF I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY?
WILL YOU SLEEP TONIGHT? WILL YOU THINK OF ME?
WILL I SHAKE THIS OFF? PRETEND IT’S ALL OK?
THAT THERE’S SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO FEELS JUST LIKE ME
THERE IS

Yes, he was sure that Buffy cared about him; his words always mattered to her, and even when they didn’t talk, he knew it was enough for her to look into his ocean blue eyes, or glowing amber ones, depending on the moment.

Maybe she wouldn’t spend the night sleeplessly waiting for his return, but something told him that she did missed him.

So, to go just when the light of hope began to shine, no matter how feeble this light was, would be stupid, and he wasn’t stupid at all.

So, he decided to go back making a very dangerous U-turn that almost caused a pile-up in the freeway.

After all, every guy who’d claimed to loveBuffy had ended up leaving her, maybe because they hadn’t loved her enough. Spike wouldn’t make the same mistake, his love for her was stronger than everything, it didn’t know of any obstacles.

He would go back and this time he would win her heart, they wouldn’t be alone anymore.

THOSE NOTES YOU WROTE TO ME, I KEPT THEM ALL
I’VE GIVEN A LOT OF THOUGHT OF HOW TO WRITE YOU BACK THIS FALL
WITH EVERY SINGLE LETTER, IN EVERY SINGLE WORD
THERE WILL BE A HIDDEN MESSAGE ABOUT A BOY WHO LOVES A GIRL

As Spike sped the DeSoto towards Sunnydale, his look fell to seat next to his, where a piece of paper with a scribble that had an inestimable value to him lied.

He still remembered when, during one of their nights together, she seemed to be in the right mood for some sugariness, and as she lied comfortably in Spike’s embrace, while they were on his armchair, she had picked up a piece of paper and a pen from a nearby table and began tracing a ‘S’ in it and then she had traced it again, making it extend until she turned it into a very artistic ‘B’, so much so that no one could figure out anymore where the ‘S’ started and the ‘B’ ended.

For anyone it might seem as a scrawl without any sense at all, but not for the vampire, it was almost as if Buffy had tried to make him realize that she knew that they completed each other.

He was sure she didn’t know he’d kept it, she probably didn’t remember even drawing it. Anyway, he didn’t want her to find it, that’s why he had hidden it in his car.

It didn’t matter that he’d left his Buffy shrine in the lower level of his crypt, so full of things related to her that would’ve even made the biggest fetishist in the world envious of it!

He would have liked to repay her for her nice gesture, and God only knew how hard he'd tried to write poetry for her, but after throwing off hundreds of pages containing his efforts, unsatisfied with all of them, he had finally decided to quit trying to use that way to let Buffy know of the deep feelings that a (ultra centenary) guy had for her.

------------------------------------------------------


When he arrived to Sunnydale it was already very late at night, and of course as soon as he saw the welcome sign, he had the satisfaction of mowing it down for the fifth time.

But he didn’t go to Buffy’s house immediately after. He was sure that, once she knew about his return, she would be the one to look for him. Plus, it was better to make her believe that he was still out of the town.

He decided to go to the beach, to enjoy some quietness. After all, once the sun set no one went there anymore.

He sat on the shore, staring at the waves, when he felt a very familiar presence behind him, and sure enough, when he turned around he found his Grand Sire standing right there.

“In case you’ve forgotten, let me refresh your memory: you now live in L.A.!” the bleached blonde rolled his eyes.

“Very funny, Spike. I came here because I needed to be alone with my thoughts...” the brunette justified.

“And you couldn’t find a place that allowed you to do that in a city as big as LA, right?”

“I needed to come here; this has always been the place where I can think better, it has been that way ever since the first day I arrived to Sunnydale. And to be alone I happen to need * loneliness *, so... go away, Spike!” Angel growled.

“What? This is my town, now, buddy. Plus, I arrived here first, at least today, so it’s you the one who’s gotta go bloody away!” the other growled back at him.

“I think you both should go away!” Xander snapped, showing up in front of them.

“Whelp?!” Spike looked at him, astonished.

“I’ve been wandering all day long and now I ended up here, because this is my favourite place since I was a kid. See? I’ve known of this beach for much longer than you two, that’s why I’m the only one who has the right to stay here!” he explained.

“Listen, blokes, maybe we all can stay here. I was planning to get bloody drunk and forget my sorrows...” Spike said, showing them several bottles of bourbon that he had taken from his car. “Are you with me... or what?” he raised his scarred eyebrow.

Not even a whole hour after, most of the bottles were empty and the men, bonding over the alcohol, were confessing all their problems to each other, under a sky that was darker than usual, since there wasn’t a single star that night.

But no matter how drunk he was, Spike hadn’t said a word about the fact that he and Buffy were sleeping together.

“Ya twoooo arrre so lucky, ya’re all with the powerful and shtrooong. And ya, ya are the luuuckier one...” Xander slurred, pointing at Spike.

“Whooo? Meee?!” the bleached blond pointed to himself, in disbelief.

“Yeesh. Ya’re Buuuufy’s hero, she alwaysh look for ya when shee needs help. Think about when sheee had to protect her mother and her siishter from Gloory. Whomm did s-she bring themm to? Meee? Naaah, to ya, ya’re the helpful oooone, I’m nothing. Plus, ya alwaysh follooow your instinct, no matter whaaaat. I mean, for Buuuufy ... ya broke all the rules, without fearing anything. Inssstead, I’m sooo scared of doing anything... that it’s alllready twoo mooonths that I wanna ask Aanyaa to marry meee... but I shtill keep the engagement ring in my drrrrawer...” the brunette confessed.

In the meantime, Spike’s un-beating heart had been throwing a party since Xander had said that he was Buffy’s hero.

“Oooh, pleeease... are ya mad? Ya’re the luckiest one. Ya can waaaalk into the ssunliiight, your heart beats, ya can aaaage and one fiiine day you’ll can also have a famiiily. So, tell mee if thish ish not haavinggg luck!” Angel struck back.

“What the heeeell are ya complaining about? Ya’re the ooonly vamp with a ssshoooul, that bloody spaaarrrk that makes Buuuufy make moony eeeyesh to ya every bloody tiiime sheee meets ya. Ya have whaaat it takes to be a Champioon!” Spike commented.

“Whaaat? Ya don’t know what I wouldn’t give or do to beee juust a normal guy!” the brunette vampire confessed, looking at Xander who was looking at Spike who in turn was staring at Angel... and the three men had the same enviousness for the other.

“If I were ya...” Spike murmured.

In that moment the already feeble light totally disappeared, due to a sudden eclipse and the sky became pitch black.

Not even the two vampires’ supernatural view helped them to see anything.

The eclipse lasted just a few seconds, but when the moon appeared once again... something had changed.

TBC

Sorry but... I have too much fun making my characters slur due to their drunken state... and Xan still missed on my list, lol!

Well... maybe the real thing I should apologize to you for... is the very cruel point where I decided to stop the chapter, ihihihi!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, I’d love to know. ;)

Disclaimer: This part when they meet on the beach, get a little drunk, and then confess their problems to each other and then make the same wish has been loosely taken from the original movie ... there’s no need to say that in the movie the protagonists have another kind of problems, lol!

But the eclipse is my idea, in the movie there was just a starry night... ;)

The real story is going to begin from now on, are you ready? ;)