Maryperk, Elisabeth Anne Summers, thank you so, so very much, I’m glad you like it so far and I really hope you’ll still do! ;)

And now the fun finally begins! ;)



Chapter IV: After The Wish

Spike was wearing Angel’s clothes, Angel was wearing Xander’s and Xander was wearing Spike’s outfit.

“What the bloody hell? Why am I wearing this?” the bleached blond vampire exclaimed, feeling almost as if the dark grey turtle-neck sweater was suffocating him.

The general shock had been so big that it had made everyone sober again.

“Why am I wearing your shirt? I don’t even like red!” Xander snapped.

“Shut up! I’m the only one who has a real reason why to complain. I’ve worn something like this just * once * in my whole existence... and it was only because of an investigation!” Angel grumbled, as he looked with horror at the yellow Hawaiian shirt with flowers he had on.

But he forgot how upset he was as soon as he realized something very important.

“Oh my! But my heart... is beating!” he exclaimed, and then he touched his face. “And I’m warm. Oh God, I’m human!” he exulted.

Xander had a particular suspicion, so he put a hand on his heart.

“Oh my God, my heart doesn’t beat anymore!” he confessed, touching his face immediately after. “And I’m freaking cold!” he got alarmed.

“And you look kinda pale, too. Well, welcome to un-life, Whelp!” Spike chuckled, and then he got nervous. “Fine. That’s bloody alright. You both had your wish granted, but I have not. I’m still nothing but a cruel evil vampire who killed so many people in so many horrible ways for so many years. I did so many terrible things... I brought pain and death to everyone on my path...” he said upset. “I can hear their voices, they call me a killer, they blame me for all I did to them, all of them...” he went on, holding his head in his hands as he tried to hold back the tears in his eyes.

“Well, well... it seems that someone has just got his soul back...” Angel smiled, getting closer to him to comfort him. “Don’t worry, I know what it feels like ... and I’ll help you get through it. Anyway, you didn’t kill as many people as I did when I was Angelus, so I was much worse than you!” he said.

“Okay, maybe this way you help my soul, but you’re insulting my demon!” the blond grumbled, rolling his eyes.

“Hey, speaking of demons...” Xander sneered, shifting into his new game face with great naturalness. “Mine is pretty hungry and you have such a yummy neck that pulses with all that blood...” he went on, looking threateningly at Angel, hurling towards him the second after, but as soon as he tried to sink his fangs into his neck, he stopped, rolling on the sand, victim of an excruciating pain. “Ouch! My brain, my poor brain!” the brunette vampire screamed, shifting back into his human visage.

“Well, it seems that someone just got a chip!” Spike chuckled, although he was still fighting against himself. “Anyway, if you are hungry, I got some blood in my car, come with me,” Spike invited him, walking him towards his car, as Angel waved goodbye, ready to return to Los Angeles to tell the wonderful news to his Cordelia.

“Hey, why are you helping me?” Xander asked Spike in confusion.

“I really don’t know why, let’s call it solidarity between vamps, okay? Now, shut up and drink!” Spike said, handing him one of his blood bags.

“I can’t believe it. I’m a vampire and I’m drinking blood!” Xander exclaimed, turning the bag in his hands.

“Actually... you’re not!” Spike pointed out, looking at him.

“You’re right. It’s just that... it doesn’t look very yummy,” the other grumbled.

“I know, buddy, human blood is way better, but since I’ve gotten my soul back and you’ve gotten the chip I used to have in my head... that’s all you can get, so take it or leave it!” he struck back, losing his already short patience.

Xander decided to ‘take it’, letting his fangs descend to sink them into the bag, emptying its content in a few seconds.

“See? It’s not that bad after all!” the more expert vampire smiled at him, feeling oddly proud for making him feed. “Well, now I guess it’s time for each one to return home. See you around, Whelp!” the bleached blonde waved, jumping on his car.

Xander walked towards his house, but he passed by the graveyard in the vicinity first. Buffy was patrolling just in that graveyard that night, and she noticed him there.

“Oh my God! So, you’re back!” she exclaimed in a mix of surprise and joy.

“Oh, it’s you...” he said, a whole lot less excited than her. “Well, I ran away, that’s true, but it wasn’t for too long. And to be honest... I didn’t think you cared so much,” he answered confused.

After hearing that Buffy slapped him.

“Stupid vampire! After all we’ve been through together... how do you dare to say that I don’t care about you? Maybe I don’t show you very often... okay, let’s say that I almost never show you, I admit that, but you should know that I do care!” she struck back, almost crying.

“Ouch! Sorry, Buffy. Okay, you care, of course. Anyway, gee, you have immediately noticed that now I’m a vampire! Well, after all, you’re the Slayer, of course you noticed that, it’s just your job! Well, I hope you are not disappointed by that, you know... everything has happened so fast... I didn’t even expect it! Plus, no matter how much I would like to, I can’t kill humans because I got a chip stuck in my brain!” he explained, wondering why she was staring at him almost as if he came from Mars.

“Do you think you’re even remotely funny telling me this stuff? Look, I don’t know what kind of game you’re playing, but I don’t like it at all! You and I still have so much to talk about. What I said, what I did... I really didn’t mean to...” she said, but he cut her off, starting to lose his patience.

“Whatever you want to tell me, I don’t have the time to listen to you now. So, if you accidentally ate one of my donuts, or you took one of my videotapes without my permission... or whatever else... I understand and I forgive you. We are best friends as before, okay? Now, sorry, but I really gotta go, I have some more important matters to tend to, bye!” he answered, walking away, leaving her in the most total confusion.

(End I)

Author's Note: I don’t know if it’s already clear, maybe it’s still too confusing... so I’d better explain a couple of things.

They didn’t switch their bodies, just their roles and their identities. Xander is a vampire now... but still with Xander’s features; Angel is human, but he still looks like Angel, and Spike’s got his soul back, but he looks the same.


The problem is that due to their wish all the other people think that Spike has always looked like Xander, Xander looked like Angel and Angel looked like Spike.

I hope this is clearer, now. Anyway, chapter by chapter, you’ll understand everything better, trust me!




Anyway.. pleease, leave a review, bad, positive, short , long.. whatever! I just need to know what you think so far.. pretty please..