Hello, sorry for late!

Mari, I adore you, you know, dear. Elizabeth Anne Summers, thank you so much, you're very kind, and Shelyl.. yayyyy a new reader, thank you so much!!! ;)

your support mean a lot to me, really!

here's the second part:


After The Wish (II)

Although he was still puzzled by Buffy’s way too exaggerate reaction and by her words, Xander headed towards his home, because he was sure that Anya would be there.

On his way, he had already thought about how he was going to apologize to her and give her the very big news at the same time.

He rang the bell and the girl rushed to open the door.

“Hi, honey, I’m back and I know that you are mad at me, and you have all the rights to be, but...“ he trailed, but he couldn’t figure out why she was staring at him so puzzled and disoriented.

“What the hell are you doing here? Gee, you must be drunk, very drunk, if you ended up here. This is not your home!” she made him notice, looking at him in disbelief.

“Okay, I see, it’s pretty clear now. You’re still mad at me, I can understand that. But you can’t kick me out of my own house! So, now let me in!” he snapped.

“Do you really think I’m so stupid? You are a vampire and I know that without an invitation you can’t get in!” Anya struck back challenging him with her gaze.

“Hey! How did you know that I’m a vampire now? Gee, is it so easy to notice it? I haven’t even slipped into my game-face!” he grumbled, confused. “Anyway, okay, yes, I’m a vampire, that’s true, but this is still my house, so I can get in without any invitation!” he stated, walking towards the threshold with a lot of self-confidence... just to be stopped by the invisible barrier that he’d smashed against.

“See? You can’t and you never will. Now, really, I don’t have time for your jokes and your drunken attitude. So, Spike, do a favour to the both of us and go away!” she rolled her eyes.

“What? What did you just call me?” he asked as his eyes went wide with bewilderment.

“Whatever you’re trying to do, quit it, Spike; leave me alone, I’ve had a terrible day, really. I’m still waiting for Xander, he didn’t come back... and now I’m starting to wonder if he ever will...” she sighed in resignation, shutting the door on his face.

Xander was stunned. He had the distinct feeling of being catapulted into a parallel dimension where nothing made sense. He knew that it was useless to come back and ring at the door again, trying to clear things up with Anya.

Now he just had to find shelter before sunrise, and there were no more than two hours left.

*************************************** (In the meantime)

Buffy patrolled around the graveyard for a last time before heading home, although her mind was full of other thoughts.

< What the hell is wrong with Spike? Why did he act as if he barely knew me... as if there was nothing going on between us? What are the more important matters he had to do so urgently? Arrrgh, my head is going to explode and that’s all his damn fault! He’s gotta hear me out now, whatever he likes or not...> she decided, as she headed towards his crypt with large steps.

She saw the Desoto parked nearby and she rushed into the crypt, slamming the door open with a kick, as she always did.

“If you think that our discussion is over with what you told me before, you’re so...” she snapped, raising her gaze, but when she met that pair of deep blue eyes that stared at her in wonder, she became speechless.

“Buffy! I knew that you would come, but I just didn’t expect to see you so soon...” Spike exclaimed, wondering why she kept silent.

“So? Just tell me what the hell are you doing now... and mostly * here *?” she asked him, nervously.

“What the hell are you... Oh, wait... of course! Now you’re pissed off because your doggy didn’t come to you, waving his tail happily, right after he came back into this town. Well, Buffy, let me give you some fresh news: the world does *not * turn around you!” he snapped.

“Stop talking nonsense! I saw the Desoto, so... I thought... Gee, by the way, why the hell do you have that car? It’s not yours!” she struck back, mad at him, because he had confused... and mostly deluded her.

“What’s wrong with the DeSoto now? You’ve always liked that car. Okay, you’re right, she is not mine, I didn’t really buy her, I just stole her ... after killing her former owner good and proper... poor innocent man, I’m so sorry for doing that, he didn’t deserve such a horrible fate...” he grieved, but he managed to recover quickly. “Anyway, now she is mine, my DeSoto is a part of me...” he answered, although he didn’t understand why she had changed subjects all of the sudden.

“Ah, ha, ha, what a funny guy we have here. Okay, you don’t want to tell me why you have his car now? That’s fine. But once and for all... what are you doing here? Gee... why the hell are you here? You are the last person I expected to see here again. To be honest... you’re the last person I * wanted * to see!” she pointed out coldly.

“Alright, I got the message! Anyway, Slayer, my most sincere compliments, you surely know how to make a bloke feel welcome, don’t you?” he commented sarcastically, growling against her.

Buffy jolted, narrowing her eyes.

“Hey! Wait a minute. You’ve never called me ‘Slayer’ before, and you have never talked to me using that tone. For God’s sake, Angel, what’s going on? What’s wrong with you? You know that you can tell me...” she commented in deep concern, trying to approach him.

Spike’s eyes almost popped out.

“What did you just dare to call me? Now I wonder what is wrong with * you*, Slayer!” he struck back, puzzled and shocked.

“Listen, Angel, it’s late and I don’t really want to talk. But I’ll be back tomorrow and we’ll clear things up. I promise, bye!” she informed him, before leaving.

Spike was still too confused and befuddled to go outside and chase after her.

There was less than an hour left to sunrise, so, as it’s easy to imagine, Spike headed to his bed, although he hadn’t managed to close his eyes and let sleep claim him. When all of the sudden, he heard someone knock on his door insistently.


TBC

I hope you’ll still like it,. If you want to make me happy, pleeeeease, leave a review.. ;)