Maryperk, Elisabeth Anne Summers, thank you so, so very much, I’m glad you like it so far and I really hope you’ll still do! ;)

Well, I would be gladder if some other people left a review.. whatever, here’s the new part , sorry for late! ;)



This part should be fun.. (maybe not the beginning) ..at least I wish..
Chapter V: Who Do You Think I Am?

“Slayer, if you are already back, let me tell you that it’s way too bloody soon!” he snapped.

“It’s me, open up. I don’t fancy the idea of being a pile of dust on my very first day of un-life!” Xander replied from the other side, opening the door and rushing in, without even letting Spike answer him back.

“It’s a good thing that I don’t need an invitation to enter a vampire’s crypt!” the brunette commented.

Spike chuckled. “Well, Whelp, let me guess... you just experienced your first barrier, didn’t you?” he figured.


“Yes, and there’s nothing to laugh about! It’s such a terrible feeling...” he grumbled.

“Believe me; I’ve been there, too, so I do know...” the bleached vampire murmured, thinking back to when Buffy had revoked his invitation to her house and then she had invited him again the night of the final battle against Glory.

“You know, it’s not the barrier that upsets me, it’s the fact that I went to see Anya and she thought I was... you! Can you believe that? I still can’t...” he explained, making Spike curious. “Plus, I also met Buffy on my way to see Anya, and she acted so strangely...” Xander added.

“Why? What did she tell you?” the bleached blond asked him, even more curious.

“Well, she babbled about the fact that she didn’t expect to see me again so soon, that she cares about me, although she said she doesn’t show me much, and that’s not true, because she does, she is such a good friend...” he went on.

“Anything else?” Spike asked him, eager to know more.

“Uhmm... yeah, she told me that she didn’t really mean what she did and said...” the other answered.

Spike grinned happily.

“Why are you smiling now?” the brunette asked him, perplexed.

“Because Buffy came to see me, too, about one hour ago... and she was such a bitch to me, that’s so bloody wonderful!” he laughed.

“Did you lose your mind? Are you really telling me that you are happy because she was a bitch to you?” Xander asked as he grew even more confused than before.

“Hell yeah, I’m happy. She thought that I was Angel! So... the things she said to you... well, those were meant for me!” he explained, unable to stop smiling. “Listen, Whelp, I don’t know what the bloody hell is going on, all I know is that now everyone seems to think that you are me, that I’m Mr. Happy, so he most likely is being mistaken for...”

“Me.” Xander realized.

“Yep. We have to wait for him to go back to L.A. and find the news out on his own, just as we did. And then we’ll call him to come back here. Anyway, I know for sure that Buffy will return, so we’ll make her believe just what she wants to believe... for now...” he explained.

“Ok, so what about now? Can I sleep here? Xander wondered.

“Well, why not? I’m sure that you’ll find my sarcophagus pretty comfy. And before you ask, forget the bed, that’s mine only!” Spike pointed out, as they both went downstairs to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------

It was afternoon and the two vampires were ready to face the new day, although they both had spent a mostly sleepless day.

Xander because he wasn’t used yet to the fact that he was a vampire now and that he had to sleep on a sarcophagus.

Plus, Spike didn’t help him at all.

He seemed to be able to deal with his soul when he was awake, but when he had gone sleep... it had been the worst moment ever. Because, as soon as he had closed his eyes, he had seen the faces of all the people he had killed, tortured and maimed for more than a century.

But now he felt the pain he had inflicted, twice, thrice, even one hundred times stronger.

He had spent all morning repeating ‘I’m sorry’ in his sleep, moaning and complaining in his tormented sleep, and that was one more reason more why Xander had had trouble sleeping.

Anyway, somehow they both had managed to get enough rest.

“Let me give you an advice, Whelp, don’t stand there, at the centre... “ Spike advised him and Xander moved towards a dark corner with him.

“Why?”

He just had the time to say that when the door slammed open and Buffy rushed in.

“That’s why!” Spike rolled his eyes with a smirk.

“Ok, Angel, now I’m ready to talk...” Buffy said, looking at Spike, but then she also saw Xander by his side. “Oh, Spike, you are here, too!” she jolted.

“Of course, he’s here, too. After all, this happens to be his crypt!” Spike snapped, since he didn’t like one bit the way Buffy was looking at Xander, since that was the way she used to look at him.

“Well, well... you two together, sharing the same crypt, without telling anyone. What comes next? Flowers and candles? Walks hand in hand, eye in eye? Angel, Spike, do you have something to tell me?” she teased them.

“What? Hey! No, no, wait! It’s not what you think. And anyway, that happened just once, more than a century ago and it won’t ever happen again!” Spike explained.

“What?!” Buffy and Xander asked with the same disgusted face.

“Spike, why are you so surprised?” Buffy asked in confusion, staring at Xander.

“Uh! Uhmm... it’s because I had managed to bury that horrible memory, but now he has just brought it back. * Angel *, please, this is not the right moment to talk about that stuff!” he corrected himself.

“Yeah. You’re right. So, Buffy, you wanna know why I am here, don’t you? Well, it’s due to an investigation... but it’s kind of a secret ... so the less people that know about it is the better. And to avoid being noticed, I choose to stay here at Spike’s crypt...” Spike justified, congratulating himself due to his brilliant and pretty credible explanation.

“Yes, he’s my guest and he’ll stay here for a while... a long while...” Xander followed his thread.

Spike decided that it was time for Buffy’s naïve friend to finally know the truth, and that this was just the proper chance for it.

“Yes, so I’m sorry, Buffy, but for a while you won’t be able to sneak here and have a good time with Spike, hiding it from everyone!” Spike commented.

“A... Angel! What... what are you blathering about?” Buffy asked him, very embarrassed.

“Yes, what?” Xander threw daggers at him with his eyes.

“Oh, c’mon, Buffy, do you really think that I didn’t notice the way you look at him, the tension between you? Plus, I can smell him on you, you can’t deny that!” Spike went on, questioning Buffy with his piercing look.

The oddest thing was that Spike really smelled Xander on Buffy, instead of himself... but judging by their roles’ switch... it actually made sense.

“Anyway, yes, you’re right, I can’t fool you. It wouldn’t be right. I know that you won’t like it, but... yes... Spike and I have slept together... and more than once...” she admitted. “But that’s none of your business!” she added dryly.

“Uhmm... you two * slept * together? Are you sure that’s the proper word?” Spike teased her maliciously, passing the tip of his tongue on his upper teeth.

“You... pig!” Buffy snapped, amazing herself.

< Pig? I’ve never ever called Angel ‘pig’! And since when did he become so... unbearably cocky?> she wondered.

In the meantime, Xander still had to recover from the shock after the unexpected news.

“What’ When? How? Why? Buffy, how could you do such a thing? Did you lose your mind?” he scolded her.

Buffy threw daggers at him with his eyes. “Gee, Spike, if you think you’re funny, believe me, you are not!” she snapped.


“Yeah, * Spike *, do us a favour, shut the hell up!” Spike made fun of him, enjoying that moment.

“You dirty bastard!” Xander snapped, but Buffy looked at him puzzled. “I mean, how did you dare ask such a private question? That’s unfair,” he justified.

“Whatever. At least, finally I know why you are here, Angel! And Spike, I’m sure we’ll find a more proper time to talk... alone! Now I have to go, bye!” Buffy left the crypt in a rush.

“So, you... and she... “ Xander commented, still having trouble to accept that discovery.

“I always said that that girl needs a little monster in her man, you know.” Spike shrugged nonchalantly. “Before starting the thousands of insults you have ready for me, I have a question for you: do you feel love inside you, do you feel that you can still love?” Spike wondered.

“Yes, although I have no soul anymore... all my feelings are still here. That’s odd, Giles always claimed that...”

“Whom do you believe now? A Watcher and his bloody diaries plenty of crap... or yourself?” Spike went on and he didn’t even wait for the answer. “See? So, I love Buffy, I really do, as I bet that you have still feelings for your demon girl!”

“Her name is Anya! Of course I still love her and I want to win her back!” Xander growled fiercely.

“And that’s exactly what we’ll do. Everyone will win back his girl. We just have to wait for Angel, after all he must be arrived to LA by now. We’ll just wait for a while and then I’ll call him to come back here, so we will plan what to do together...” Spike suggested.

TBC

Next chapter is about Angel, at least the first part... are you ready?

I hope you'll like it ;)

By the way, sorry but there won't be any update before.. next year! ;)

so.. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!