MaryPerk, Elisabeth Anne Summers, Shelly, Sharon, THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!! You are making me really happy!
Sorry for late, here’s the new part:


Chapter VI: Figuring Out.

**************************** (In the meantime)

Angel was so eager to give the good news to Cordelia that he was almost tempted to smash his car against the wall just so he didn’t have to waste time parking it. But since now he was human, he decided that it was pretty stupid to risk his shiny new life in such an idiotic way and that maybe he could spend a couple more minutes on the parking.

As soon as he got off the car though, he ran fast towards the stairs of his agency, all the while enjoying the slightly out of breath sensation he experienced when he finally got to the front door.

Since the door was open, he entered to the agency and Harmony walked towards him, ready to accomplish her secretarial duty.

“Hi. Well... why are you here?” she exclaimed, looking at him astonished.

< Why am I here? D’oh. Maybe because I’m the Boss and this agency is mine? Gee, she gets worse and worse, day after day, I should fire her... > Angel thought, rolling his eyes.

“I’ll pretend that I didn’t listen to your stupid question. Anyway, where is Cordy?” he wondered.

“Geez! Okay, I know that the last time we met we tried to kill each other, but that’s not a good enough reason to be so cold and unpleasant with me. Not even a ‘Hi, I’m glad to see you, you look just wonderful!’ After all, it’s been a while since our last meeting!” she grumbled, while Angel looked at her as she had sprouted a second head since he had no idea what the hell she was babbling about.

“I’ll pretend that I haven’t heard that either! What about Cordy?” he struck back, starting to lose his usual patience.

“Why do you want to see her? This is a bad moment for her. Angel left without a trace and she is very concerned about him...” Harmony explained.

< Since when does this blonde bimbo talks about me in third person? Whatever, let’s please her!> he thought, exasperated.

“Well, maybe Angel can make things right now... “ he replied.

“I wonder what you mean...” Harmony thought out loud, but Angel wasn’t even listening to her anymore, because Cordelia had just got in the room.

“Hi, Cordy, I’m sorry if I left without warning you, but I needed some time on my own. But now I’m back!” he explained with a smile.

“Do you really think I care?” she answered, looking at him in disbelief.

“Okay, you’re still angry. Got it. Anyway, I’m going to cheer you up with what I’m gonna say: I am human now!” he exulted.

She snorted while rolling her eyes.

“Surprise, surprise! Well, if you came all the way from Sunnydale just to tell me that... gee, you are even more pathetic than I thought you were when we were in High School!” she said, confusing him a lot with that answer.

“What? Maybe you didn’t understand. Now we can do whatever we want, we can be together, so...” he tried to explain again, but she cut him off.

“There’s nothing that I want to do with you, not after what happened that day at the abandoned warehouse... when I almost risked dying!” she said, as he was lost in the most total confusion.

In the meantime, Wesley and Gun had joined them.

“Hi, well, I didn’t expect to see you here. Just tell us, did something bad happen?” the former Watcher asked concerned.

“What? Why do you all keep asking me what I’m doing here? Did you forget who your Boss is?” Angel snapped, losing all of what was left of his patience. If he had still been a vampire, he would have growled in frustration.


“Sure, we know. After all, with all that bleached hair it’s impossible not to recognize him!” Wesley commented.

< Bleached hair? Oh my, no, no... it can’t be *him*!> Angel thought as a doubt started forming in his mind.

“Wesley, if I’m not wrong, there’s a picture of all of you together that you took after a very important mission...” he trailed.

“Well, I think the definite defeat of the Wolfram&Hart is more than an important mission!” Wesley corrected him.

“Yeah, no more hellish layers with their hellish demonic customers!” Gunn added.

“Yeah, that’s right. Anyway, can I see the picture?” Angel wondered.

Yes. No matter how weird it sounds, although a vampire’s image couldn’t be reflected in a mirror, it could be captured by a camera or a video camera. And Angel remembered very well that picture with his gang.

A little bit puzzled by his request, Wesley pleased him, coming back with the picture he wanted.
When Angel saw it, his doubt was confirmed: there were Gunn, Lorne, Wesley, Harmony, Cordelia... but instead of Angel... it was Spike the one that appeared on the picture!

In that exact moment the phone rang.

“Angel Investigations, how can I help you?” Cordelia answered.

“Hi, it’s me...” Spike said from the other end, since he had decided that he had waited long enough and it was time to act.

“Angel, honey, where are you? Are you okay?” she asked with a very sugary attitude and that pissed Angel off.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine, I had my reasons to go. Anyway, I didn’t call you to chat. Can I speak to Xander? I know that he’s there...”

“Oh! Okay, hold on...” she answered, a little bit disappointed by his coldness. “Hey, Xander, Angel wants to talk with you!” Cordelia called him out, giving him the receiver.

< How did she just call me?> he thought, grabbing the receiver.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Peaches!” Spike exclaimed.

“You know, no matter how much I hate that nickname, I’m so glad that you just called me that!” Angel confessed.

“I know. As you probably have already noticed, everyone is acting bloody weird lately, and we need you back so we can figure how this happened. We’ll meet at my crypt. Don’t tell any one of your LA gang, believe me, no one there will give a fuck if you come back here or go wherever else you want anyway!” Spike instructed him, hanging up without giving him the time to answer.

Angel decided to follow his advice.

“Well, guys, I just came here to say hi, but since I see that you all are pretty busy, I guess I’ll go back home...” Angel told them.

“Yes, Xander, sorry, but I think that’s for the best. Now we really don’t have the time to welcome you properly. At the moment I’m going crazy researching about the eclipse of two nights ago; I don’t know if you saw it, since it was very short. Anyway, I don’t think it’s just a simple meteorological phenomenon, mostly because no one had mentioned it before, no one saw it coming. So, there must be more to it,” Wesley commented as he walked Angel towards the door.

Angel pretended not to care about that, but Wesley’s words made him think... a lot.

(End I)

I hope you’ll still like it, please show me if you do ;)