Maryperk, Elisabeth Anne Summers, Shelly, Sharon, THANK YOUUUUUU SO VERY MUCH !!!!! ;)

Here’s the second part, I was pretty quick this time ;)



Figuring Out (II)

SUNNYDALE

Angel returned to Sunnydale that same night, and he headed towards Spike’s crypt, where he found him with Xander.

“Oh, please tell me that you two have figured what the hell is going on, because I don’t have the slightest idea!” he exclaimed exasperatedly.

“Well, buddy, all I really know is that ever since that fateful night everyone is bloody sure that I am you, you are the Whelp and the Whelp is me!”

“Replace ‘the Whelp’ with ‘Xander’ and I’ll agree perfectly with Spike’s answer!” Xander snorted.

“Anyway, I suggest we should do some research on the strange eclipse of that night, because I think, no, I’m practically sure that that would provide us with more answers!” Angel said.

“Alright, but... how can we do that? Giles keeps all of his precious books at the Magic Box and believe me, it doesn’t matter if now he’s gone back to London, because Anya is very protective of the shop. There’s absolutely no way we could sneak past her,” Xander warned them.

“Well, what’s the problem? We don’t need any sodding dusty books. We’ll use the computer at UC Sunnydale. That tool helped me once to find out where her room was when I still wanted to kill her, you know, right before finding out that I had the sodding chip in my head. Well, what can I say? Those were good old times between former mortal enemies...” Spike sneered, as the other two nodded, approving his idea.

No sooner said than done. After less than a quarter of an hour they had already arrived to the college campus and had ably sneaked through a window to get into the Admissions’ Office, and now Spike was already navigating through the web, resorting to Google to find all the information they needed.

After a while, they found the answers they were looking for.

“The Ninth Eclipse: it happens every nine centuries, nine years, nine months and nine days...” Spike began reading outloud. “Gee, I guess that now I understand why they called it ‘The Ninth Eclipse’!” he added immediately after, rolling his eyes.

“Okay, tell us more...” Xander incited him.

“Let’s see... uhmm...” Spike jumped some paragraphs with the cursor, until he found an important part, underlining it and turning it into bigger characters.

“Here it is: ‘Although no one has proved it yet, it seems that the Ninth Eclipse has some magic abilities, such as to turn people’s desires into reality, but it isn’t that simple, since for it to work two people or more have to wish the same thing at the same time, without even being aware of what they’re doing, so it’s pretty muchimpossible...” Angel continued reading..

“Well, not for us. So that’s what happened. We wished to switch our existences... so it’s not that everyone see us as someone else... we actually *became someone else *!” the former vampire commented.

“Well, we just have to wait for the next eclipse in more than nine hundred years to take back our wish, then!” Spike commented sarcastically, but then he became more serious. “I only have one more question. If now I am you... this odd sort of affection I feel for the Whelp who now is me... must be...” Spike began saying, looking at Angel.

“Yes, Spike, that’s the Grand Sire/Grand Childe bond...” Angel smiled at him.

“So, that means that... you also feel that way ... for me?” the bleached blond dared to ask.

“Yes, and I still do. You are an unbearable cocky annoying irritant pain in the ass... but truth is that I happen to care about you, I always did. Although sometimes I hate you!”

“So... even when you were Angelus...” the blond trailed.

“Always,” Angel answered.

“Even when you turned into Soul Boy?”

“Always.”

“Even when...”

“I said *always *!” he anticipated him.

“Well, thank you... Sire,” Spike murmured.

Technically, Drusilla was his Sire, but his real teacher of all things un-life had been Angelus, and no matter if now he wasn’t a vampire anymore, it was as if there still was the same bond between them. So, all in all, he was his Sire.

“Well, well, well. This sweet moment between you just reminded me of something that Spike told me before. You two... together? When? How? But mostly... why?” Xander asked them, curious as never.

“Bruxelles, 1883. I was young and willing to experience... anything. He was pervert and wicked. End of the story!” Spike explained in a rush. “Anyway, I repeat it bloody happened only *once*!” he pointed out.

“Actually... it happened twice!” Angel corrected him.

“Twice?!” Spike and Xander asked in unison, with the same shock reflected on their faces.

“Copenhagen, 1885. Darla and Dru were on a trip on their own, you were drunk... and the pervert wicked guy was bored and wanted to have some fun. Maybe Angelus is proud of that but I’m certainly not,” Angel explained.

“What? When did we go to Copenhagen?!” Spike wondered in pure astonishment.

“Gee, Boy, you did were definitely too drunk if you don’t even remember that we’ve went there, too!” Angel laughed.

Spike turned to Xander, looking at him puzzled.

“Hey, Whelp, why were you so bloody eager to know that stuff?” he asked him.

“Uh! Well... I don’t know... it’s just my demon. I guess it has a worrying, degrading pervert curiosity!” Xander grumbled in deep concern.

“Whatever, all I know for sure is that from now on you gotta find a new crypt, forget I will share mine with you again!” Spike snapped, looking at him with diffidence and keeping his distance.

TBC


Author’s Note: I apologize for the tiny hint to ‘spangel’. I hope it won’t scandalize you, mostly because there’s nothing graphic (I would never dare that much!). I just tried to put it in a ironic and funny way.

Anyway, on fantasy stories, spangel makes me sick just at the thought. But when it’s about Buffyverse... maybe I’m crazy but it has something charming, maybe because somehow that reminds me of Anna Rice’s stuff, at least this is my opinion.

Anyway, I apologize again.

About the movie... the eclipse stuff is just my invention, at least I tried somehow to explain how their wish came true... in the movie there’s no explanation, it just happens, lol! ;)


I hope you'll still like it..