[Reviews - 66] LikedPrinter
Summary: Buffy Summers has known of her calling since her freshmen year at Sunnydale High. Now in her senior year, after keeping the secret between herself and her Watcher alone, the unexpected happens. She helps Spike Emerson, a fellow student, deal with the pain of losing those he loved, even though Spike clearly holds a strong hatred for her, thinking that she is responsible for the pain in his past. But then prophecies are discovered that define his purpose, and it’s realized that him and Buffy meeting was not a coincidence. An unforeseen circumstance presents itself, and Buffy chooses to keep it a secret as long as she possibly can. With a new threat rising, prophecies that explain Spike’s existence, secrets being kept from those that protect her, and feelings developing for a man she once hated, Buffy is forced to question not only her sanity, but whether her own existence is worth holding onto.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No
Word count: 11452 Read: 5443
Published: 11/19/2005 Updated: 11/30/2005

1. 1. Nothing More than a Man by SereinMist [Reviews - 16] Liked (2102 words)
Characters don't belong to me. :)

Rating just in case.

Does not follow canon at all, so don't expect it to.

This is very much a Spuffy story, and will end so. But this is placed in the "angst" category for a reason. There will be chapters with fluff, but don't get upset because it's not cuddly enough. This isn't going to be a happy story all of the time, but as I said before, there will be kind chapters with no harsh words. ;) Just hang with me, and I promise it’ll be okay. But I should probably tell you now, this story sets up for a sequel. And the sequel will start being posted the day (maybe two days) after this story is completed.

That said, on with the story.

2. 2. Somewhere Far From Here by SereinMist [Reviews - 10] Liked (2802 words)
Let me just say a huge thank you to all of those that reviewed! I was amazed at the response I got for this, since I was only expected three or four reviews for the first chapter. You guys are amazing, and guess what...

You made me want to write more ;)

So here's a nice, long chapter for you. Not all of it's angst, I added in some humor as well.

Anyway, I hadn't been expecting to post a new chapter for three or four days, but the reviews made me change my mind.

Hey, let's make that a habit. ;) =)

3. 3. What Didn't Hurt Before by SereinMist [Reviews - 15] Liked (2072 words)
Once again thank you all so much for the reviews! I meant to post this yesterday, but I got so busy.

I know some of you were hoping I'd continue from the point where I left off. There was a big reason why I didn't, that mainly being that there was a lot of anger and hate in their encounter, which this chapter will talk about, and I really wouldn't have been too comfortable writing something like that.

Sorry if you're disappointed. But hopefuly my awesome writing skills make up for it. ;) :)

Also, I hadn't been planning on putting up a new chapter until after thanksgiving, but if I get enough feedback on this, I'll get another chapter up. Thanks so much, everyone!

4. 4. Where Dreams May Lead Us by SereinMist [Reviews - 10] Liked (1946 words)
Okay, I really, really tried to get another chapter up, but I wasn't home until last night. Sooooo sorry. But a million thank you's to everyone who reviewed! You guys have no idea how much you make me want to keep writing this. :)

Okay, not a lot of spuffy interaction, but enough to see that the relationship/whatever you want to call it, is building. Hope you enjoy. New chapter tomorrow, guys. :)

5. 5. To Face the Enemy by SereinMist [Reviews - 15] Liked (2530 words)
Okay, sorry I couldn't get this up sooner, few things came up earlier.

Okay, once again, there's only one scene of actual spuffy, but it takes a big leap into where the plot is heading. Speaking of which, the next chapter (which can be up as early as tomorrow) is where we will find out about Spike's strength and where he fits in. So, review and I'll get that up ASAP. :)

And someone asked if Buffy is friends with Willow and Xander in this story. As of now, she hasn't ever talked to them, not really. But they will become friends soon.

Thanks for reading!