Spike sat on the side of the bed and hit the button for Buffy's cell number that she'd programmed into his phone earlier. Joyce had slipped him the information for the hotel just before he came upstairs to get ready. Ethan had just called back to confirm his reservation. Now it was time to contact Buffy, and pray she hadn't changed her mind.

"Your dime." She greeted the phone, knowing it was Spike.

"So, you've finally named a price. Is this the discounted poor college student rate, or Saturday's special?" He teased, feeling at ease when he heard her soft giggle through the phone.

"It's not the going price, bucko. Like I said, I'm too rich for your blood." She bantered back. "I take it you're calling to let me know what's up tomorrow."

"A place called Casa, in Montgomery." He replied, "Know how to get there?"

"Sure, have a few regulars that take me there."

"Maybe we can play 'Pretty Woman'. You know…act out a few scenes."

"Spike, you're a pig." She snorted, trying not to laugh, finding it so easy to joke with him.

"Oink, oink."

"So, how is this going to go down?" She asked, slipping back into her serious mode that he picked up on right away.

"Ethan's booked a suite with a sitting room."

"Can I meet him before going to the room?"

"We figured you'd like to have lunch with the both of us first. Let me introduce the two of you so you can get a feel for each other." Spike suggested, "Or however you want to play it."

"I like the lunch thing. Now the big question is, what is Dru going to think about all this you being with me? At a hotel no less." Buffy asked, her voice business like.

"Dealing with Dru is my problem. Please, trust me to keep this a secret for as long as you want me too." He offered.

"As long you do, and I don't have her yappin' I'm stealing her man." Buffy warned him, even if the idea seemed pretty tempting. She thought she really didn't stand a chance, with being only seventeen and nowhere as beautiful as her half-sister.

"Buffy, my concern right now is with you."

"Why me?"

"I'm not sure, really, but I don't want you to fall like I did. I really can't talk about that rough time in my life with you, yet. Ethan is the only one who I have so far, and that's because he was very persistent. But if I can prevent you from going through the hell I suffered, I will. If your sister can't understand that, then I guess she really isn't the woman I thought she was. It's better I find out now, rather than later."

"I'm sorry, maybe this isn't a good thing?" She asked, hearing the pain in his voice, knowing he must be reliving something bad by doing this for her.

"I think it's the best thing. I want, no need, to do this Buffy…for you and me." Spike tried to explain further by saying, "I think this will be something good for both of us. Might help me to slay a few of my demons as well."

"Does this mean we have to be friends?" She asked, more for his answer then hers. Deep down she wanted for them to be friends at least. It would be better than never seeing him again.

"I'd like that." He replied, offering her the choice.

"I'm thinking I might like it too." Buffy softly agreed.

"I gotta go, seems there are plans for me to meet some of Dru's friends."

"Hmm, doesn't sound like fun stuff. You might want to stay in and play scrabble." Buffy commented.

"I don't think I'd have any competition to make it fun."

"True, except my Dad is pretty good." Buffy sighed. "How are you and my parents getting along?"

"I think your Dad hates me, your mom warmed up to me after a bit."

"Really, did you have a fight with my dad?" She asked, her voice sounding excited.

"No, more like a difference of opinion." He explained, not wanting to tell her what they seemed to disagree about.

"Did you stand your ground?"

"No, I didn't want to ruin the weekend and cause any problems for everyone."

"You really do think of others, don't you?"

"My uncle says I take after my mother in that way."

"It's nice, don't change." Buffy encouraged. "I think you're going to be a great doctor one day."

"Thank you…I missed you at dinner."

"You were the only one."

"Actually your mother seemed a bit disappointed you weren't here." Spike honestly told her, hoping it might help crack the door a bit for Joyce to get through.

"What good drugs did they slip in the food?" Buffy sarcastically asked.

"I did the cooking."

"Get out. Man you should've called. I hope you grilled your ass off. My old man let you near his pride and joy?"

"He was called in to work, so Joyce asked me if I'd man the grill."

"It does scare the heeby jeebys out of her." Buffy explained, "She caught her apron on fire once. If dad hadn't been there the house would've burnt down. My mom doesn't react well to a lot of excitement."

"I had better go. We are meeting this Harmony person at 8:30."

"I hope you take other forms of entertainment. A foreign movie with foreign subtitles makes more sense than she does. You might want to wear sunglasses for the pink will blind you, along with the glow off one of the unicorns she will be wearing."

"Is she blonde?"

"Yep, and will talk your ear off about nothing." Buffy further warned him. "Angel told me he wore ear plugs anytime he was around her."

"I will keep that in mind."

"I'm here if you need to talk afterwards." Buffy teased. "I might not be the only one needing your uncle's services. I think anyone with a functioning brain can say they suffer from PTSS after spending time with Harmony Kendall-Chase."

"Been doing some homework?"

"Yeah, and I have to say, I'm impressed with your uncle. He's worked some wild cases."

"Yes, he has." Spike agreed. "What time should I pick you up?"

"11 a.m. is cool. Montgomery is only like forty-five minutes away."

"I'll see you then, Pet."

"Okay." She replied, and then before hanging up reminded him, "meet me in front of The Magic Box."

The more she talked to him the more she wanted to know about him. What he liked to eat, his favorite colors…everything. She looked at the clock and knew she had to get ready. She had some dancing to do and some energy to work off. Quickly she pulled off her tee shirt and folded it up nicely. This shirt was special and she put it in her bag carefully. Anya had trusted her to close up tonight. Lorne wouldn't have a problem with storing her duffle behind the bar. He was her favorite bartender and made the best cherry cokes just the way she liked them.

Spike smiled to himself as he put the cell phone back in its carrying case. Thinking how good it was to hear her voice charged with some emotion made him feel excited about tomorrow. He was feeling very positive about Ethan and Buffy getting on rather well. He'd make it a point to thank him for taking the time to do this. Next weekend he'd go and spend some time with his Uncle and go with him to visit Aunt Julia.

*******

He looked everything over again and again. He checked to make sure windows were closed and the central air going. Walking in to her room he closed the door and screamed as loud as he could. Giving it a few minutes he opened the door and walked to the front the house. Stepping out onto the front porch he smiled at how no one had heard him yell.

"This will work. She'll scream for some time, it's only natural. But once she learns her place she'll be able to come out and enjoy the freedom of the rest of the house." He told himself.

It had taken some time and planning on making Buffy's future room sound proof. He traveled around getting the supplies from people who didn't know him. It was amazing the things you could find on the internet shopping for things for her stay. Too many people would be suspicious if he disappeared the same time she did. So, keeping her hidden in Sunnydale was the safest and most ingenious plan. By the time it was safe for them to leave, she would've come to accept her new life. No one would ever think to look for her here. It was time to bring her home, before her recklessness brought her trouble.

*******