Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you again to everyone who is reading......and again my mind and fingers thank those that leave reviews....
Buffy walked up to Angel and Darla and asked, "Have you seen Faith? She's supposed to meet me here."

"No, my pretty, but her bitchiness is here." Darla warned her friend, knowing how she hated surprises.

"I wonder why she's slumming." Buffy pondered out loud. "It's not like her to come here any more."

"Trying to show off Casper I'd imagine." Angel snorted.

Buffy, choosing to ignore the fact Spike was here with Dru, didn't reply. Instead, she looked around until she found who she wanted to talk to. Tonight she wasn't going to worry about anything. Tomorrow was going to be hard enough. She still couldn't believe she'd agreed to talk to a shrink, but deep down she knew she needed to talk to someone. The other night was the closest she had ever come to pulling down the razor blade and it scared the hell out of her. No one had ever taken the time to see her, but Spike had.

"From the body language, I bet he leaves her very soon." Darla was telling Angel when Buffy heard her and asked. "What…who is leaving who?"

"I think gorgeous there who keeps watching you with some interest is going to leave your sister. His vibe is just screaming he doesn't want to be with her." Darla told her. "Have you met Dru's soon to be ex?"

Buffy just shook her head as she made her excuses, "Darla, it would be in his best interests to run from the lying bitch as fast and far as he could. I'll be back."

Darla watched as the blonde girl walked away as she looked at Angel and said, "I take that as a yes she's met him, and she likes him too."

Angel leaned down and kissed her cheek, "So, do you think Buffy might perform a coup? And save the man from a fate worse than death."

"With the way he's watching her right now, I'd lay down my bet heavy on the yes." Darla used her eyes to direct Angel to take a look.

"Damn, he's really got his eyes on our Buffy." Angel smirked as he turned to Darla, "You know he's going to have to ask permission before dating our girl."

"You are so not going to act like her father."

"Why not, I treat Faith the same way."

Darla rolled her eyes and let him in on a little secret, "Why do you think Faith doesn't bring her dates home anymore?"

"Why do you think I find out who she's dating anyway? Then I have my own little secret meetings with them." Angel said with a wink. "You think I don't know she is seeing Wesley. Hell he came to me and asked if he could ask her out."

"Get out! I bet Faith would shit if she knew."

"He's a real gentleman even if he's a bit uppity, but I think that comes from growing up in proper ole England. He has manners." Angel explained, "Buffy is like my sister, and I will look out for her."

Darla shook her head as she watched Buffy approach Warren Meers. She made sure Angel didn't see them, knowing he'd have a cow and threaten to beat the man's ass. The last thing Buffy needed right now was that kind of attention in front of Queen Bitch. But she'd have a talk with her later.

*******

He stood in deep darkness near the back exit. No one ever paid attention to what they couldn't see. Everyone always thought inside the box, and that is what would make this so easy for him to pull off. His girl was a diamond in the rough; once he got her home he'd show her a better life.

Looking around, he laughed at the silly, stupid people around him. They would never learn he thought, as they continued to gyrate sinfully to the music. He watched as they drank, smoked, popped or shot up chemicals to poison their bodies. If parents wanted to know why their children were wasting away; maybe they should step into the shadows and watch what their naughty children did.

All the parents of today did was complain about how society damaged family values, when they in fact promoted it by turning a blind eye to what their children did. Going around proclaiming their children were all pure and virginal, when they were the creatures of destruction they accused other children of being. Not his girl, he'd save her from all of this, he was just sorry he hadn't been able to do it before now. He wouldn't fail this time.

He did a double take when he noticed the blond male from earlier today watching his girl. His demon screamed to tear the man’s face off. The boy was unworthy to lay eyes on his property. The more he observed the young man's attention focused on Buffy, the angrier he became. He was sure he'd have to do something about the menace, and it wouldn't be pretty.

*******

Buffy walked up to Warren and asked, "Do you have something for me?"

Warren smiled his million-dollar salesman grin and replied, "Yep, five of Buffy's special." He patted his jacket pocket, letting her know that was where her little designer happy pills were.

"Meet me out back." She instructed him before turning to go out the front.

Spike watched from the corner booth as Buffy went back out the front door. When he looked back at the bar he noticed the man she'd been talking to was gone as well.

When he was about to get up from the table Dru grabbed his hand and leaned in to kiss his cheek. "There they are." She leaned up and spoke in his ear, pointing out her best friend and her date coming toward them.

He felt trapped now, seeing the couple they were supposed to meet approaching their table. They made an odd couple because the woman looked like she came from money and fashion, whereas the guy just seemed average.

"Harmony, it's so wonderful to see you." Dru practically purred as she stood to hug the blonde that reminded Spike of a Barbie, but off the rack.

"Dru, it's been like, far too long." Harmony practically squealed over the music.

"I see you have a new beau." Dru said with a winning smile as she held her hand out toward Harmony's date.

"Riley Finn." Harm's boyfriend introduced himself.

"Riley, Harm, this is William Rayne." Dru poured on the charm, as she introduced him.

"But you can call me Spike." He said, noticing how it made Dru tense up.

"Oh, Spike…interesting name for a man who's going to be a doctor one day." Harmony commented as she waited for her date to hold the chair out for her.

Spike bit off the rude retort, not wanting to anger Dru anymore than she was already. The woman had been chomping at the bit ever since Buffy had walked in. He almost choked on his drink when Harmony mentioned Dru's sister.

"I see you must've scared Buffy away. We sort of like, ran into her on the way in." Harmony made the mistake of saying, causing Dru to tense up even more.

"Please, can we not talk about her tonight. She is such an embarrassment to the family." Dru bit out rather harshly. "I really don't know what is to be done about her."

Spike found it hard to keep his mouth shut and decided he needed a trip to the bar. He stood up and addressed the table by saying, "First round on me."

"I'll have my usual." Dru replied.

"Rum and coke for me." Harmony answered.

"I'll come give you a hand." Riley offered as he moved to join Spike's trip.

"Come along then, I'm feeling a bit parched." Spike replied, feeling a bit annoyed since he wanted to try and make a trip out back during his jaunt to the bar.

*******

Angel watched as the man who came in with Dru walked with Riley over to the bar. He felt sorry for the poor bastard for getting mixed up with that one. His experience with Dru was one he'd like to forget ever happened. Too bad he couldn't be like the guy in the movie who had his memory wiped clean. He'd sure do it in a heartbeat so he could forget that crazy bitch; well at least erase any memory of dating her.

"Why do you look like something stinks around here?" Darla asked.

"I feel sorry for him, having to deal with Dru."

"Well, who knows…maybe he's the pea to her pod." Darla replied as she shrugged her shoulders. "Let's dance."

"Did you see where Buffy went?" Angel asked as he looked around for their friend.

"Spoke with Warren and then they did the 'I go out the front, you go out the back' routine." Darla answered, knowing she was going to have to talk with Buffy about taking that asshole's homemade crap.

"It looks like I'm going to have to have a powwow with Buffy, and kick Meers' ass." Angel growled, as he tried to keep his temper in check.

"I'm right there with ya, baby." Darla offered her support and then added. "Just not tonight, since big sister Bitch is here…we need to start the intervention at another time."

"Fine, we'll wait until Dru slithers back out of town." Angel agreed so that they wouldn't do anything to embarrass Buffy while that snake in the grass was in town.

*******

Buffy popped one of the little purple pills she'd purchased. Warren made them especially for her, making sure they weren't as strong as the ones he sold everyone else. She didn't want that fucked up feeling, she just wanted to feel good.

She walked back in the club through the back door, not caring who saw her. She knew by doing so, it would take Dru a bit longer to realize she was back in the club. Looking around, she noticed Faith walking through the front door with her cocky swagger that made the men and some women's heads turn.

Buffy noticed a familiar blonde man standing at the bar with Harmony's corn fed farm boy. She wondered what her sister would say if she told her she'd kissed her boyfriend this morning in the kitchen. Buffy rolled her eyes as the scenario played out in her head. There would be her mother crying about poor Dru and her father calling her every dirty, foul name he could think of. Then there would be Dru sobbing her eyes out, acting all pretentious and saying that piece of ice she called a heart was broken.

She waved over at Faith who waved back and started walking toward her. The drug was starting to take effect, as the music started to reach her. Buffy felt the call of the beat as her body started to sway to the rhythm. It flowed so smoothly she felt as if she was someone else. She felt free, like the pulsating sounds coming from the speakers, not like someone who had so much baggage in her life.

Faith watched as her friend's eyes glazed over and began to move to the music. It broke her heart that the only time the girl could let herself feel something good was after popping that shit Warren made for her. Otherwise, Buffy never showed any emotions, since that day she found the girl huddled in the bushes at the park sobbing as if it was the end of the world. Ever since that day, she'd done everything in her power to protect her.

"So, 'B', seems like someone got a buzz on." Faith mentioned with a look of worry, "You really think that's a good thing with 'Miss Tattle' over yonder?"

"Who gives a fuck, it's not like they care." Buffy said as she shrugged her shoulders. "Wanna dance?"

"Gonna make the boys cry, aren't we." Faith chuckled as she started to fall in with Buffy's moves.

"Howling their discontent, sobbing at the want and finding themselves in the cold." Buffy giggled as she lost herself in the dance.