Author's Chapter Notes:
The mystery madman is revealed
Chapter Fourteen


"What can I get ya ole blue eyes?" Lorne asked, with a look of interest that told Spike right off this man was not interested in Buffy that way.

Spike told him what he needed adding, "and I'll take a house ale on tap."

He tried not to worry that Buffy hadn't returned, trying not to think of what she might be doing. The thought of her being or doing anything with the sneaky looking bastard he'd seen her talking to made him want to punch the man's lights out. The urge to go and look for her was almost winning. He thought he might drop off the drinks and excuse himself so he could see if he could find her.

Spike turned and about dropped his and Dru's drink, since Riley picked up his and Harmony's. There was Buffy moving like a goddess. Her body was moving in perfect synchronization with the music that was playing. There on her face was a look of contentment, joy and happiness unlike any he'd seen before. She looked like a fallen angel sent to seduce him.

Standing there he became lost in the spell she'd cast over him. He was mesmerized and hypnotized by her beauty. The sway of her hips made him want to experience the pleasure that waited for him there. When she bent her head back, her neck called out to be claimed by his mark. Never had he been so drawn to a woman before and wanted nothing more than to lose himself in her.

Then it hit him like ton of bricks; he'd fallen hard for one Buffy Summers. The only problem was that he was currently dating her sister. A woman that until this weekend he thought he knew. God, how could his life become so complicated? He knew his uncle didn't like Dru much, but now he wondered if Ethan had been able to see the real Dru all along. Had his vision been clouded by what he wanted to see?

He jumped slightly when he felt a nudge from behind and then heard Riley say, "She's one hot number. Too bad she's cold as ice once the music stops."

Spike turned to see the interest in Riley's eyes and realized all the men were lusting over the two women dancing. "Ice, you say?"

"Cold as the artic. Some think she's gay." Riley told him and then said, "We better get back, or we'll both be sleeping single tonight."

Spike nodded as he too noticed the pissed off women at their table. He was well aware he wouldn't be getting any at all this weekend, knew it before coming out tonight. What did bother him was the jealousy he was feeling as he noticed that both the male and female population was drooling over Buffy on the dance floor.

*******

Dru felt her nails digging in to her palms. The moment Harmony pointed out Buffy and the other little whore dancing, she immediately looked for Spike. The intense look of lust on his face made her blood boil.

She would make sure Buffy paid for this. Plans on how she'd her revenge started to come to her in waves. If it all worked out as planned, Buffy would no longer be a threat to her. Spike was hers and only hers. First she had to deal with a misbehaving boyfriend.

"I will scratch her eyes out." Harmony whined, "She is such a ho bag."

"Don't worry, she'll get what is coming to her." Dru promised. "First, we have some bad puppies to scold."

"Men are dogs." Harmony pouted.

"Yes, but they can be trained by the right woman." Dru told her as she readied herself to face Spike and set him straight about a few things.

"We're so in trouble." Riley sighed, knowing the night was ruined.

"Or maybe not, I guess it's all in how you look at it." Spike replied as he continued. "Is she the one you want to marry and have kids with?"

"No."

"Then don't worry about it."

"How about you and Dru?"

"I've come to realize she's not the one for me." Spike honestly answered.

"Wow, just like that?" Riley stopped and asked, causing Spike to stop as well.

"Come to think of it, I've been having doubts for some time." Spike answered as he started to move again back toward their table. He now knew why he'd avoided any talks about Dru moving in with him.

"If you need a place to crash give me a call." Riley said, "I'll give you my number when we get to the table. I'm pretty sure I'll be going home alone tonight."

"Thanks." Spike chuckled, thinking he might need it.

"Are you done gawking at the floor show?" Dru asked as the men sat down after placing the drinks on the table.

"Now is not the time, Dru." Spike simply answered, looking her straight in the eyes.

"Don't do it again." She ordered, "Not if you don't wish to make me upset and need to punish you."

Spike raised his eyebrow, but bit back his response. He didn't like her tone, let alone the order she just gave. Instead he leaned back and asked Riley, "Can I have your number, Mate?"

Riley nodded, having had enough of Harmony's bitchy mouth. "No problem, here's my card."

Spike took the card and slipped it in his coat pocket. He lifted his drink while turning his attention back to the dance floor. Mostly so he could watch Buffy some more, and the other was to let Dru know she wasn't the boss of him. No one ordered him about like they owned him. He might be love's bitch, but he was no one's dog.

He ignored the argument going on behind him as he continued to watch the angel dance. The look of joy on her face told him she was dancing for no one but herself. That she found a place inside where the music and whatever drug she had taken made her feel happy to be alive right now.

Spike remembered how his father told him about the time he first met Spike's mother. Hearing how his parents fell instantly in love with each other, and that in three short months were married. Now was a time he really needed to talk to his dad.

"Well, that went well." Riley said as he moved to sit next to Spike.

"What?" Spike asked, having lost interest while remembering his parents.

"Man, you did tune them out. Good for you, well maybe." Riley replied as he explained further, "The ladies are leaving in a taxi. It would seem Dru is going home with Harmony right now."

Spike's smirk made Riley smile as they turned to continue to watch the show. The response of a few of the men started to make Spike a bit nervous. One man in particular was trying to edge himself between Buffy and her female dance partner. He could tell that Buffy wasn't paying any attention to what was going on, but her partner was.

The brunette would nudge the man away, even flipping the man off a few times. Feeling a sense that something was brewing he stood and moved toward the dance floor, not realizing Riley was following close behind. Spike did notice a bulky man easing his way over through the crowd as well. He noticed and the blonde woman following him, and remembered them dancing earlier.

Then the problems started when Buffy kept moving away from the man as he tried to wrap his arms around her. It would seem he wanted to dance, more like grind against her, from behind. But the lovely angel didn't want any part of him touching her and kept dancing away from him.

"Come on, baby. You keep advertising it, now give me some." The man tried to smooth talk his way with her.

"Leave me alone…I dance alone." Buffy answered him as she again moved away from him.

"Baby, you can't keep moving like sin and not give us a taste." He purred, making Faith want to punch his lights out.

"No tasting zone here." Buffy told him as she danced so gracefully behind her friend.

"Parker, man…give it up. She doesn't want to dance with you, so beat it." Faith told him, as she moved to prevent this Parker fellow from further chasing his prey. "Now be a good little boy and hoof it on home and spank the monkey."

"Bitch." Parker spat out, "Lesbian bitches, you both need to go dance in one of your own clubs."

"No, we just have better taste than to dance with a freak like you." Faith told him as she added, "So run off now like a good boy before I take my size 6 here and shut you up. I just so happen to be wearing a little bit of a heel, so that would be even more ouch for the kick."

Parker leaned to the side and glared at Buffy who was ignoring him and said, "One day you'll get yours, you cock tease."

"Man you know how to mess up a girl's good time." Buffy snorted as she turned to walk off the dance floor.

She needed some air. No one ever ruined her good time like this before and it pissed her off. Opening the back door she walked out into the cool air, not realizing she was being followed. She stood looking up at the black hole of the night sky, since no stars bothered to come out tonight. Her hand itched to reach in and take another pill. Usually she only took one Friday and another one on Saturday night. Sometimes she'd pop one on Wednesday if she came out dancing.

Turning to go in and call it a night she felt someone grab her and push her against the wall. A hand clamped over her mouth before she could scream as she looked in the eyes of a mad man.

"Now it's time to go home…you were supposed to be there that night." He said with an evil look in his eyes. "She was so scared when I took her away. Dawnie screamed for me to stop, but I couldn't."

Buffy couldn't scream or push him away as she recognized who held her captive. As Mr. Snyder faced her, she realized that she never would have suspected him of being the one that killed her sister. He held her so she couldn't defend herself or call for help, as his free hand fumbled with something.

Hearing him talk about Dawn being scared while implying he was really after her, paralyzed her with fear and shame. She knew her only hope was if someone came outside to find her, as he covered her lower face with a strange smelling rag.

"I've been waiting for my chance to finally have you. It was supposed to be you, Buffy, not your sister…it was supposed to be you." He said as she lost consciousness.

Snyder snickered as he lifted her up into his arms after tossing the chloroform soaked rag across the alley. No one would know it was him that kidnapped Buffy Summers. They never figured out he was Dawn's killer. He figured most would think she finally ran away, like the punk ass teenager she'd become.

His sweet obsession was supposed to be in her home that night. It was to have been a simple drug her and slip her out undetected. The plan went smoothly until she wasn't there. Her little sister was and, in his fit of anger, he'd taken her in an act of revenge to punish his intended victim.

The sounds of the club heightened, telling him someone had opened the back door. He heard someone calling Buffy's name and hurried to hide. The heat of her body was calling to him as he pulled her closer against him. Soon, very soon she would be his. All memory of other men would be wiped off her skin and she'd be his clean little girl. She'd only dance for him and no one else.

Patiently he waited until the person who came looking for his little girl was gone. His arms had started to ache, but he wasn't going to let her go until they were safe from being found.

*******