Milo Snyder tenderly rubbed the trunk of his car, thinking about the prize locked inside it. Again he'd pulled it off. He'd heard on the scanner the gunshot victim outside The Bronze had died before they'd got there. The police were babbling about collecting evidence and having no one to get any statements from, thus allowing him to enjoy his greatest accomplishment. Grateful his prize was still deeply sedated he went to unlock the door leading to his house. Every thing was still as he had it two years ago when he planned to bring her here.

He had fixed a room just for her. On the outside the windows looked normal, while the bars on the inside were hidden from view. The bedroom door was heavy security steel with double deadbolt locks. The room itself was all different shades of pink and the bedding and curtains were in a rose floral print.

Everything was in the room that she would need, including a full bathroom located off to the right. It too had all the things a woman needed to make herself presentable to her man. He picked up the set of rings he had made for them, having cheated by getting her ring size from the order form for her senor ring. It helped him to be able to fit the ring before bringing her here.

"No need for a preacher, for God will be our witness." He closed his eyes as he said the words. "She will be mine."

He made his way over to the bed and pulled down the sheets so he could make sure he'd be able to cover her. Then he set about getting her night clothes ready. Stepping back he felt it was time to bring his woman to her new home. In time he knew she'd come to accept her place beside him. Then they would move to a place no one knew them, and live happily ever after. The only thing needed was a washcloth so he would wash the sinner's face off his sweet girl.

He walked quickly back to the car to retrieve his prize, relieved she hadn't awakened as of yet. When she was sleeping she reminded him of the time she was all innocence and pure. It was something he'd fix right away, for he knew she was still a virgin. He made sure she made it home safe every night.

"Come, my dove. It's time to clean you up and prepare you for a better life." He spoke softly as he lifted her from the car and into her new home.

*******

Dru was crying and Hank was yelling as Joyce tried to calm them both down. Dru was rambling something about Buffy being scantly dressed and dancing like one of the girls at Willie's men club. Something about Spike and Buffy that she couldn't make any sense out of. All she knew was that Hank was threatening to kick Buffy out, and saying he was sick of her behavior.

"Would you both please calm down and tell me what is going on." Joyce demanded firmly, causing both father and daughter to stare at her strangely.

"Your daughter it would seem has tried to seduce Spike." Hank came out and said. "I'm done with her, Joyce. Its time we sent her away to school."

"Send her away. Listen to yourself, Hank. She is the way she is because we've pushed her away. Can't you see that?" Joyce tried to make him understand, what Ethan explained to her earlier that day.

"She's the reason Dawn is dead." Hank snarled, "How do you forgive something like that."

"She was fifteen years old, Hank. Buffy was a mere child herself and we've been treating her like she was an adult. She was a teenager; our daughter and we have been treating her like a stranger. I think we've forgotten we had three daughters, and focused only on one. We never realized the pain, anger, and responsibility we've held her up against. We only focused on how Dawn's death affected us, we never stepped back to see how it was allowing us to push her away when we should've have been pulling her closer. If we lose her, we have no one to blame but ourselves."

"What hog wash have you been listening too. Watching Oprah again?" Hank asked her snidely.

"No, it took a stranger seeing what wewere doing to our own flesh and blood." Joyce defended herself, as she continued, "I can't lose another daughter Hank, not when this time I can do something about it. Yes, Dawn is dead, but it wasn't Buffy who killed her."

Before Hank could respond the doorbell sounded. "I bet it's the police bringing our slut of a daughter home."

"Honestly, Hank, that's enough." She reprimanded him as she went to answer the door.

Dru sat back and bit her lip to keep from smiling. Soon, she'd have her father all to herself. She was sure Joyce and her father wouldn't be able to stay together much longer. Especially if her dear stepmother found out about the affair daddy dearest was having with his secretary. He never should have left her mother, and then she'd never been exposed to the life she had. She would've had the nice safe childhood her half sisters stole from her.

Joyce opened the door and noticed the two officers standing there looking all anxious. She opened the screen door and asked, "Can we help you, officers?"

"Mrs. Summers, I'm detective Lindsey MacDonald and this is my partner, Lilah Morgan. Can we, please, come in?"

Joyce felt her world spinning as she called for her husband, "Hank, honey. Its something bad I just know it."

Hank hurried to the door noticing how upset his wife was becoming. He pulled her to him as he asked, "What is it? What's happened?"

"Please,sir, can we come in?" Lilah asked, "We do need to speak with you concerning your daughter, Buffy."

"What has she done now?" Hank asked, with a disgusted look on his face.

"Mr. Summers, she hasn't done anything wrong." Lindsey assured them.

Hank assisted Joyce out of the way so the officers could enter. Once the door was closed he kept his arm around his wife as he directed her over toward the couch. It felt like déjà vu. This was how it all started 18 months ago, with the police coming to tell them they'd found their youngest daughter.

"This isn't ever easy." Lilah started off, as soon as Mr. Summers sat down next to his wife. She noticed how the present daughter seemed more curious then upset that they were even there.

"Buffy was kidnapped from The Bronze tonight and we have reason to suspect it is the same person who kidnapped and killed Dawn." Lindsey came out and said, he too was watching the oldest daughter's reaction.

"Oh, God….no, not again." Joyce broke down becoming hysterical as she clutched onto her husband. "We've messed up Hank, she'll die thinking we don't love her. How could we have been so heartless to our own daughter?"

Hank felt the fear in his chest that Joyce's greatest fear would come true. Why did it take something so tragic to make you realize your mistakes? He once prided himself at being a great dad. At this moment he was nowhere close to being worthy of being called father. He could hear Buffy's voice when back in the day she'd call him daddy and it made him the happiest man on earth. In his eyes until that dreadful day, she'd been the apple of his eye. His real firstborn having been at her birth and cut the cord, unlike when Drusilla didn't come into his life until she was fourteen years old.

"We'll get her back, Joy…don't worry. We'll get her back." Hank said trying to reassure her, the best that he could. Praying to God, telling the higher power he'd do anything he wanted as long as Buffy was returned to them safe and sound. "Do you have any leads?"

"Yes, someone saw who took her and we are doing our best to safely get her back." Lilah answered, as she watched as the daughter stood and move over to comfort her parents.

Officer Morgan looked over at her partner and tilted her head toward the other side of the room. She wanted to give them some privacy, and also get a chance to watch the girl more without her knowing it.

"She spooks me." Lindsey whispered.

"You think she's acting strange too?"

"Honestly, I think she's faking it." Lindsey answered, "You know me, I know when a woman is sincere or not."

"True, if anyone would know it would be you." Lilah teased, "I'm going to see if there's anything new happening."

"Okay, darlin'."

Drusilla felt like throwing up as she listened to her father and that woman prattle on about getting their Buffy back. She hoped the chit met a final end, and more horrific the better. Then next she'd sit back and watch the marriage crumble, leaving her to pick up the pieces of her father's life. Time was a bitch is all she could think, as she waited, praying the next call would be that Buffy Summers was dead.

*******