Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who's hanging with me on this........
Spike waited for his uncle to answer his phone, praying he had a good versus bad reason for him to come tonight. Bad reason meant he lost the one he wanted to save. Good meant Buffy was alive and would need his uncle's services.

"William, you know I've never had you call me this much since you learned to dial the phone." Ethan greeted him, sounding amused. "She indeed must be a special young lady for me to warrant all these calls."

Spike found it hard to speak at first as he whispered his uncle's name, "Ethan."

"Will, what's wrong?" Ethan asked, suddenly concerned at hearing the fear in his nephew's voice. "Talk to me, my boy."

"She's in danger."

"Buffy?"

"Yes, he's taken her. We're trying to find out where he's taken her." Spike answered, finding it easier to talk about it now.

"I'm on my way. Call me when you have an exact location. I want to be the first one who sees her, if that is at all possible." Ethan instructed him, "Tell the police, I'm officially on the case and will be there as soon as I can."

"I will, drive safe."

"Who say's I'm driving. It's good to have connections, dear boy. I will be there in less than an hour." Ethan assured him before hanging up.

Spike looked over at the detective and said, "My uncle says he's on the case and will be here within the hour."

"On the case? Who is your uncle?"

"Ethan Rayne."

"Wow, he's done some great work with the department. He came in for the crisis debriefing after the Summers' murder. I hear he's pretty popular with the crime victims unit, especially with survivors and the families of those who lost their loved ones violently."

"Yeah, he's great. He wants to be the first one to see her if possible."

Charles Gunn looked over with a determined look on his face and said, "We'll make it possible."

Spike nodded his head as he prayed he'd have a chance to see her smile a real smile. Have it reach her eyes and light up her face. Something told him her smile would make all his troubles go away once she bestowed it upon him. He couldn't wait to hear her laugh, and he promised himself one day he'd hear it with his own ears, live, and in person.

*******

Snyder tucked the covers up around her shoulders, having washed the filthy make up off her face. Her skin now stripped of the grease and color, gave her the appearance of the pure innocent he believed his girl to be.

His Gladys had been a virgin in their marriage bed, and he really had faith Buffy would be one too. He'd removed the whorish outfit and dressed her in the fresh new nightgown. It was made of beige silk with a lacey portion that fit perfectly across her breasts. It was nothing too provocative, but still racy just like his wife liked her gowns to be.

She would be awake soon, and then he'd tell her of their plans. Down deep inside he truly believed he had the woman he loved back in his life now. This time they'd have kids and build a future family together. But that would have to wait for when they could leave this town and live their lives untouched by anyone here. They'd both get a chance to start over, but together.

*******

Spike stood with the rest of Buffy's friends as they waited to hear anything. The soft touch of a hand taking his calmed his nerves a bit. He looked over to see Darla giving him a reassuring smile as she said, "Our Buffy is fighter."

"That she is." Angel agreed. "And I promise to beat her ass good for scaring us this bad."

"You always say that and have yet to do it." Darla snorted as she told Spike with a wink and a teasing smile. "She's like sister to him and so he treats her like Faith…yell, threaten, but no follow through with the beating action. He would hug her, but he's afraid she would bite his head off."

"She's not used to getting hugs anymore." Faith sighed.

"Well, I guess she best get used to them then." Anya informed them as she joined the group with her boss, Rupert Giles, behind her. "Cause I say we drown her in them when we get her back."

"I second that motion." Faith voiced her vote.

"I third it." Angel rendered his decision.

"So it's a Jenkins’ decree. Buffy is officially a Jenkins from this day forth." Anya declared as she hugged her younger sister. "Now, fill me in on everything, and don't forget to tell me who the sexy blonde guy is."

"He's interested in our Buffy." Darla replied with a sneaky smile after bringing her up to speed about what was going on concerning Spike.

Anya stepped away from Faith so she could get a better look at the man. She liked what she saw, and prided herself on judging a person and found him passing muster. "You treat her like a goddess, and you'll do fine."

Spike nodded his head as he looked at the people standing around him. He liked the people here and they seemed to really care about Buffy and that was all that mattered. The banter back and forth between them spoke of love, hope, and faith that they believed their friend would be returned to them.

"I bet he's the bastard that killed Dawn." Anya spoke up suddenly, with fear and pain laced through her voice, and then vowed, "I will skin the bastard alive if he did."

"Anya, calm yourself, please." Giles realized she was getting upset over this.

"No, Giles, you don't understand. If he is the one, and it was Buffy he wanted all along, it will break her. I just know it." Anya cried as she hugged her sister. "Even if the truth comes out, they will see it as her fault."

Giles wrapped his arms around both women and pulled them close saying, "We will be there to make sure she gets through this."

"The truth? What truth are you talking about?" Gunn asked, having joined them.

Spike gently placed his finger over Anya's lips and said, "Let me, okay?" Removing his finger when she nodded her head he decided to ask.

"The question I have sir, is did anyone ask Buffy if she left her sister alone that night?" Spike asked, seeing a look of confusion come over the detective's face, and an understanding blossom on Faith and Anya's.

"Or did everyone assume she had and never asked that one simple question?"

Charles Gunn looked perplexed as he tried to remember if he'd asked her if she had or not. Trying to find the importance of the question, it hit him. He felt like such an idiot when he realized he hadn't asked it, assuming as the young man had said that she had left her sister alone.

"I can only vouch for myself and say I hadn't." He answered, "And by you asking me now I'm getting the idea it was a very important question to have been asked."

"She told me that Dru was home when she left the house, and that the bitch knew Buffy had gone to Willow's." Faith said as she started to cry harder.

"Why didn't she say anything?" Gunn asked.

"She didn't think anyone would believe her, since no one cared enough to ask." Anya tearfully informed him what Buffy had said to her. "I was able to get her to tell me one night what had really happened. To think she might not be able to right that wrong breaks my heart."

"In her statement Dru said she was with Angel that night." Gunn said as he looked over at Angel.

"She was with me earlier that night and then we got into a fight and she left. I didn't see her again until after the funeral." Angel said, with a touch of anger. "Sorry, I won't be her alibi. I wish I knew sooner she'd used me."

"You didn't know?" Gunn asked.

"No, you see we broke up that night." Angel explained, "Me and Darla got back together right after that."

"I guess we have a slight problem then with a few details that we'll need to fix." Gunn said as his phone rang. "Gunn here. Great, let's move quickly and quietly. Call SWAT, and no one, and I mean no one moves until I get there. I have some information that might be important so don't do anything."

Spike's heart felt like it skipped a beat just now, hearing the word SWAT. He knew then where he needed to be and that was with the police when they found Buffy. The urge to be there when they rescued her wouldn't go away.

"Please, can I come with you?" Spike asked, "I will call my uncle with the location."

"I can see I won't stop you from finding a way to get there, will I?" Gunn asked.

"No." Spike answered.

"Only you, no one else." The detective ordered, "The rest of you can wait at home or somewhere safe."

"How about the hospital?" Anya asked.

"Sure, but don't cause any trouble and don't talk to anyone." Gunn told them.

"We promise to be good." Anya promised as she gathered the others and then leaned over and took Spike's hand. "I'm trusting you with our girl. You take care of her and let her know we're waiting for her."

Spike leaned in and softly kissed her cheek, "I cross my heart without all the death and needles."

"I knew I liked you." She giggled through the tears.

Darla watched as Spike and the detective walk toward the unmarked police car. She made sure he was out of hearing range when she looked at Angel and reminded him of something she said the other day. "Someone will tame our Buffy, and I think his name is Spike."

Angel smiled as he hugged his woman close and say, "I love ya, girl, and I hope you're right."

"I am…he's going to be the doctor in the family." She told him as she gave Anya and Faith a thumb's up.

Giles cleared his throat and asked, "Do we take one car or do we drive separately and meet in the emergency waiting area?"

"We meet." Angel replied as he looked around and noticed Lorne talking with one of the officers. "Hey Lorne, we're heading over to the ER, want to join us?"

Lorne smiled as he yelled back, "Meet you there, I'll grab shortcake’s bag so I can give it to her."

"Good idea, see ya there."

*******