Author's Chapter Notes:
You guys rock and thank you for all the support on this story.........and oops, it's Spuffy next chappie....It got confused last time.......bad me.......
Gunn nodded his head toward Holtz and Kate, giving them the sign it was time to confront a madman. They'd cleared out the alley and only the three of them remained. The detective found a sense of closure knowing he'd be able to finally resolve Dawn Summers’ murder, and Buffy was found safe and alive.

Snyder noticed he was alone by the dumpster. Looking around he realized that Wilkins was no longer visible, only the police were present. His gut was telling him he'd somehow been found out, but there was no way he could have. Then he realized that maybe someone other than the drug dealing Warren had seen him.

"Mr. Snyder! Would you please step out of the dumpster?" Detective Gunn requested as he and the other two officers aimed their guns at him.

"What is going on here? Have you gone mad?" Snyder responded, wondering what had gone wrong.

"Warren didn't die like you thought. Before going into surgery he was able to tell us you had Buffy and then shot him." Gunn replied, keeping a close watch on the man in case he tried to pull something on them.

"You believe a drug dealing scum bag? Did you ever think to ask me? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?" Snyder yelled, feeling everything unraveling around him.

"Well, we decided to lure you out of your house and see what we could find. We found Buffy and she's safe now." Holtz told him.

"No!She's mine, damn you, mine." Snyder screamed as he reached behind him to pull out his gun. "I will kill all of you for this." He yelled.

Gun fire sounded as bullets riddled his body. All he felt was the first bullet, the other five entering his body never registered. Milo Snyder fell back into the garbage; his lifeless eyes remained open staring up at the night sky.

The three officers knew there was no way he could have lived, but they carefully approached the dumpster not wanting to take any chances. Neither of the three regretted their actions. Kate thought to herself that Buffy Summers would sleep better at night knowing her sister's killer and her abductor would never bother anyone again.

Gunn jumped into the dumpster and knelt beside the body. Reaching down he felt the man's neck, checking for a pulse. "Nothing here, place a call to the morgue. Tell them we are in need of their services."

"I'm on it." Kate replied as dialed the number on her cell phone.

"I'll call Doyle, so he can tell Dr. Rayne the news." Holtz spoke up. "I have to say, I was hoping he'd pull a weapon."

"Can't say I'm sorry he did." Kate agreed.

"I hate to say it, but I feel the same." Gunn added, "But this is the last time we say it out loud."

*******

Ethan waited patiently as the young man manipulated the lock. He knew Miss Summers was on the other side and hoped the bastard had not harmed her in any way. The thought of her facing her sister's probable killer alone made his heart ache for her. The chance he might have hurt her in any way made him worried how this would affect the closest thing he had to a son.

"Please do not open the door suddenly." Ethan instructed gently, "We do not need to frighten her any more then she already is."

"You're the boss, Doc." Doyle replied as he worked quickly to unlock the door.

Ethan closed his eyes, concentrating on the noises around him. There was a clock ticking somewhere off in the distance. The mumbling of the officers searching the rest of the hours was like whispers in the darkness. No one had turned on the lights, trying to keep everything quiet, and to avoid the neighbors becoming too suspicious. He wanted to be able to hear if she was awake, in pain, scared, or about to attack when they finally got the door opened.

"Okay, Doc, I'm ready to open the door." Doyle told him, and then offered, "Maybe you should do it?"

Ethan nodded as he opened his eyes stepping forward at the same time placing his hand around the door knob. "Please stay out here until I ask you to come in. I wish for her not to feel threatened or ashamed."

"Ashamed?" One of the other officer's asked.

"We're not aware of the condition he might have left her in." Ethan carefully explained. "I want this to be the least traumatic I can make it."

"You mean…raped her."

"Let's pray not," Rayne replied softly, but deadly, "for his sake."

Shushing those standing close, Ethan carefully opened the door, closing his eyes and concentrating on the sounds around him. He heard her call out his nephew's name and then saying something about it couldn't be morning yet. Pushing the door slowly open he made no attempt to enter the room, instead he called out her name.

"Buffy Summers, this is Ethan Rayne." He kept his voice calm and clear hoping she recognized his name as being Spike's uncle.

"Spike's uncle, the same him….who I'm meeting….tomorrow." Her voice soft and almost child like to his ears.

"The one and the same, my dear. May I come in?"

"Am I dreaming?" She asked, as she reached down and pinched herself, "Ouch! I guess that answered that question."

"No, you're not dreaming, and I'm here to take you home."

"Please, I want to get out of here." Buffy replied and wrapped the comforter around her as she slipped off the bed.

"I'm going to turn on the lights now."

"Okay." She answered and started to blink when the lights came on.

Looking around she wished they'd stayed off. Everywhere she looked there were pictures of her kidnapper. There were pictures of him posing alone, while others had her face manipulated to make it look like they were a couple. The room was elegantly done up, and a portrait was hung that someone had painted of them holding each other intimately.

Ethan slowly walked in and noticed the layout of the room, learning more about the abductor. Snyder wanted Buffy very much alive so she could remain with him. He could see the disgust, fear, and shock filter in her expressions. The room was enough to make him very uneasy, so he could imagine how much worse it must feel for her. He had to get her out of this room and away from this house.

"Is he dead?" Buffy asked.

"No, he's not."

"Is he here?"

"He's at the Bronze, helping the others search for you. It was a ruse to get him away from you." Ethan told her, giving her control with asking the questions for now.

"How did you know it was him?"

"There was a witness he hadn't foreseen." Ethan simply answered; thinking now was not the time to tell her about Warren.

"Can I call you Buffy?"

She looked at him with tears in her eyes as she nodded her head. It hit her all of a sudden that to go home would mean her parents would learn the truth about why Dawn died. It would give her parents another reason to hate her. But this time it would be more than she could bear, for it was the truth. She was the reason her sister was dead, all because she hadn't been home the night he came to for her.

"Buffy, you are not to blame here." He tried to tell her as he slowly moved toward her, seeing the telling emotions of guilt, pain, and fear cross her face. Only this time is was more intense.

"Yes, I am."

"We can discuss why you'd think that when we get out of here." He reasoned with her, giving her some control, and yet setting some limits. "Come with me."

Buffy looked up and him and saw that he had the same blue eyes as Spike and she relaxed. "I don't want to go home."

Ethan's smile was one of support as he said, "You don't have to go home. I'm sure we can arrange somewhere else for you to go instead."

"Somewhere he won't be able to find me."

"Buffy, the police are about to arrest him, put him behind bars."

"They'll lock him up for how long? I know it won't be forever, and I'll never feel safe as long as he's alive." She told him.

"You are safe with me, right here, right now. I will not let anything or anyone hurt you." He promised as he held out his hand toward her. "Let's get you somewhere you'll feel safe."

"Somewhere he won't find me if he gets away."

"I can get you a room at the hotel we were supposed to meet up at. I'm sure you have a friend you can ask to join you there." He offered, knowing she needed a neutral, safe haven for now.

"I can take Faith with me."

"Then let's get out of here, shall we, and give her a call." He suggested as he stepped back to give her room to pass.

Buffy moved cautiously to the doorway, feeling like at any moment she was going to wake up and find herself back in bed waiting for him to come for her. She stopped suddenly when she noticed the uniformed policemen standing on the other side waiting for her. She felt overwhelmed as she stepped back, unable to step any closer to them.

"Excuse me, Buffy. I will have them leave and give us some room." Ethan assured her as he walked past her to inform the officers kindly to move on about their business. "Gentlemen, please be so kind as to become a bit more inconspicuous. The lady does not need to feel so surrounded by testosterone at this moment."

He watched as the men scattered except for the one they called Doyle. He stood proudly and with such a tender look on his face as he asked, "I have some news for you, sir."

"Yes, Doyle, what is it?" Ethan asked.

Doyle leaned in so Buffy wouldn't hear, "You can tell her if you'd like, but Mr. Snyder is dead. He pulled his gun causing the others to draw and fire."

Ethan didn't even feel guilty as he said, "It might have been for the best. I will tell Buffy."

"Tell Buffy what?" She asked, having heard Ethan's part of the conversation.

"There is some news about Mr. Snyder." Ethan slowly turned to explain. "It would seem he pulled a gun while the police were trying to arrest him."

Buffy raised her hand to stop him and asked, "Would it make me an awful person to be relieved he's dead?"

"Actually, I think it might be normal to feel that way. I'm sure you will not be the only one getting their wish fulfilled by hearing this news." Ethan explained. "We might be able to find you something to wear to leave here."

"No, I just want to leave, shower, and put on my own clothes." She explained, "I want to get out of here."

"Then allow me to lead the way, my lady." Doyle said as he bowed and turned to lead them out of the house. His treatment of her gave Buffy a reason to relax.

*******