Author's Chapter Notes:
Man you guys so make my day with the reviews......and poor Dru.....I wonder if she feels the noose tangling close by with the lynch mob just waiting to see her pretty neck.....
"Buffy, it's going to be okay now, you're alive." Anya said through her tears, "I was so scared I'd lost you."

"He killed Dawn."

"I'm just sorry I didn't get to kill him first." The oldest Jenkins retorted.

"I know it's not my fault, but I feel like it is some how." Buffy sighed.

"It's normal I think, part of the grief process if I remember correctly from my psychology class." Anya answered, being the blunt loving person Buffy had come to depend on. "Just keep in mind you had no control on what that sick bastard was thinking or his actions."

"Spike said I'm not in this alone." Buffy replied.

"No, honey, you're not alone." Anya assured her, deciding now would not be a good time to bring up her parents and bitch of a sister being here.

Dr. Walsh let them have a minute to connect before continuing on with the rest of the exam. She knew from experience of collecting the evidence, it was a difficult process for the victim when doing a rape exam. She couldn't even imagine not knowing if someone had touched you in such a manner, seeing the pros and cons of not knowing as well.

"Buffy, if you and Anya would have a seat. There are a few things I'd like to go over before we begin." Dr. Walsh asked, as Tara started setting up for the exam.

Buffy tried to listen fully to the doctor, but out of the corner of her eye she could see what the nice nurse was doing. She recognized a few things from when her mother forced her to go to the gynecologist because she thought Buffy was sexually active.

"First I would like to offer you the services of rape crisis." Dr. Walsh said. "They are wonderful in being able to walk you through the exam and offering you support and information for when you go home."

"Can we talk about that after we check and see if he did that or not?" Buffy asked, not wishing any more strangers being here right now.

"If you change your mind during the exam let me know. We can give you all the information about contacting them before you go." Tara offered.

"Okay." Buffy simply said as she squeezed Anya's hand.

"Buffy, this question is only meant to help me plan my exam nothing more. Are you a virgin?" Dr. Walsh asked in a non judgmental tone, with a gentle smile on her face.

"Yes!" Buffy answered, waiting to see the look of disbelief on everyone's faces, only to be greeted with expressions of acceptance.

"Did your abductor touch you in any sexual manner that you can remember?" Maggie asked, praying for the girl's sake her hymen was still intact.

"No. When I woke up I was in bed under the covers wearing a nightgown." She answered.

"Do you still have the gown?" The doctor asked, as she jotted things down on Buffy's chart.

"It's in the paper bag in the bathroom." Buffy replied, as she blushed.

Tara nodded and said, "I'll get it when we're done here."

Dr. Walsh sat down in front of Buffy and explained. "I think to make sure we do everything right, we should do a rape kit. It's not as bad as you might think. I will explain everything before I do it."

Buffy looked over and Anya and then back at the doctor, "Do you think he might have done something bad?"

Maggie shook her head with a gentle reassuring expression as she said, "I think you would've known if he did anything really bad."

"How?"

"Did you notice any stains on the bed sheets?"

"No!"

"Do you feel any discomfort or pain in your vaginal, pelvic, or rectal area?"

"No!"

"Then I'm pretty sure there was no sexual penetration with his penis." Maggie explained. "We'll just collect a few samples and do a modified pelvic exam to get a better idea."

Buffy's voice sounded forlorn and childlike when she asked. "What if he touched me?"

"Right now only he'd know that." Dr. Walsh replied, wishing Buffy had accepted the offer for rape crisis.

Anya decided it was time she did what she did best, "Buffy, don't get me wrong, honey, but if all he did was touch you…we can talk to someone about it. We will get through it together. He is not going to win here, not now, not ever."

Buffy gave Anya a tearful smile as she nodded. She wished her mom was here with her. Before all this happened her mom was always there when she was frightened or needed her support. Instead, she was here with her best friend's older sister.

Tara noticed a sad look on the girl's face and asked, "Are you sure you don't want your mother here?"

Before Anya could remark Buffy said, "I'm not sure she'd want to be here."

"She seemed rather worried when she came in. I could ask if you want me to." Tara offered.

Buffy felt the tears flow as she said, "I do want my mommy. Is that bad after everything?"

Anya started to cry as she hugged Buffy close and said, "No, it's not a bad thing, and let me go and get her for you."

"I'm sorry." Buffy sniffled.

"Don't be, it could be what you both need." Anya replied remembering how upset Joyce appeared.

"What if she says no?" Buffy whispered, wondering if she'd be rejected by her mother at her time of need.

"Something tells me she won't." Anya assured her.

Dr. Walsh could see there was so much more happening here and decided it would be best to let Buffy work this out. "Buffy, I'm going to step out for a little bit, let you get things settled. Have Tara come and get me when you're ready and please don't rush it because of me. This right now is about what's best for you."

"Thank you for being so nice." Buffy said sincerely.

"You're very welcome." Maggie answered, getting the impression this young girl was not used to others being nice to her very often.

Buffy watched as both Anya and the doctor left the room, pulling Spike's coat tighter around her. She stood and walked over to the door and reached to open it. The need to see him pushed her forward as she turned the knob and opened the door. The look on his face made her giggle as Spike stood before her with his hand positioned as if he was about to knock.

"Hello cutie!" He said with a smile and before he knew it he had an arm full of Buffy.

"Keep me company until my mom comes, if she comes." She asked.

"She'll come, kitten."

"How do you know?"

"Buffy, I think she regrets how she dealt with things. She's the one that helped me set up a place for you and Ethan to meet. She's already started talking to my uncle about things. I think she's finally knocking down the shield she put up after your sister's death." He explained. "Grief is a powerful emotion, and it can make you do and say terrible things. I believe with all my heart she will be here for you, Buffy. Give her a chance to seek your forgiveness."

"She might have to forgive me, too."

"I love you, baby." Spike said as he lifted her up and moved them in to the room, planning on keeping her company until her mother arrived.

*******

Ethan sat watching the interactions between the three family members. The one major thing he noticed was how distant the oldest daughter was acting. It was like she was preparing for the worst to happen. The fact that Mr. Summers was supporting his wife right now looked promising.

"Mr. and Mrs. Summers, I'm here to offer you my services to you and your family." Ethan offered.

"Dr. Rayne, as we discussed on the phone I want your help." Joyce answered, not caring if Hank agreed or not. "I think we've done enough harm trying to handle it ourselves. It might even have caused our daughter to hate us and with reason."

"I agree with my wife." Hank replied, "I have so much to be sorry for and I hope you can help us work things out with Buffy, and help us to deal with Dawn's death."

"I then will do my best to help you and yours through this." Ethan promised.

Hank took a deep breathe and said, "We will do everything and anything you say. We…I want my daughter back."

"I will call my office and see about arranging my schedule to fit you in."

"Maybe we can arrange to move closer to you in Santa Monica," Hank suggested. "We have an office close and I can put in for a transfer."

"Rosa and Maria can handle the gallery until they find another manager." Joyce agreed.

"I suggest we also clear this with Buffy, give her some control in deciding if this is what she really wants." Ethan suggested, while keeping an eye on the one Summers member that had not said anything. "Miss Summers, what do you think of all of this?"

Drusilla gritted her teeth as she clenched both her fists so tight her nails dug into the palms of her hands as she said, "Whatever is best for Buffy." Thinking she would not be a part of therapy once everyone found out the truth.

At least for a short while she was her daddy's girl, and she felt like she was truly loved by one of her parents. Something she'd never experienced her entire life until the night Dawn had died. The only problem was she'd be dead to her father, and yet be alive. Where, when she was with her mother she was nothing more then an inconvenience, a mistake that should never have happened.

"Excuse me, but can I speak with Mrs. Summers please?" Anya asked from the doorway.

Joyce looked up to see the woman that her daughter had chosen over her. It surprised her that she didn't feel anger or even jealousy, but gratitude for the woman's care of her daughter. "Miss Jenkins, right?"

"Yes, or you can call me Anya."

"Anya, I would love to talk to you." Joyce replied as she stood to follow the young woman.

Ethan wondered what had happened and why Anya was here and not with Buffy. He hoped if something terrible had happened they would've called him, so he chose to believe that maybe Buffy wanted her mother with her. He'd have to wait and see as he turned toward the other daughter and the father of this torn family.

*******