Author's Chapter Notes:
you guys rock.......
Drusilla paced in her room ranting quietly to herself. She realized her mistake in bringing Spike home with her. She forgot what a bleeding heart he could be, but then he was going to be a doctor. There was no way she was going to let Buffy ruin everything for her.

"I'm the apple of my father's eye now." She muttered.

When she first came to live with her father she had to fight for his attention. She was his firstborn, even if he didn't know of her birth until the day she showed up on his doorstep. She'd just turned 14 years old when her mother died. Two days later she found out her father was an American Air Force Captain that her mother had fallen in love with.

Finally, she had all of her father’s and Joyce’s attention and no one was going to change that. She would make sure Spike stayed away from her nemesis. No one would know the truth of what happened that night, no one, she promised herself as she prepared for bed. Tomorrow night Spike would share her bed. She didn't care what rules Joyce set. The woman needed to be put in her place. There was only one Queen of the castle and the title belonged to her, Drusilla Summers.

*******

Joyce watched as her husband slept beside her as if he had not a care in the world. She found slumber was something she had to fight for during the last 18 months and 13 days. The pills Dr. Johnson gave her didn't help. They only made her groggy and feeling edgy, and so she had stopped them after only taking two.

She couldn't erase Spike's questions out of her memory. They kept running like a broken record and she tried to find one that she could honestly answer yes to. Instead, she became more and more upset when his question of not offering Buffy motherly comfort wouldn't go away. Hearing him say that she was only 15 years old made her want to weep. It was true; Buffy was still only a child herself at the time, something that until now had escaped her reasoning.

Asking Hank if they could go to counseling was out of the question. He wouldn't agree, and he'd make sure she didn't go. But it didn't mean she couldn't go on the sly. The idea of losing another daughter, one that was her flesh and blood, started to haunt her. Buffy was her only legacy left to leave this world when she died, and she needed to see if she could be a mother to her again. She failed to protect her baby and in her spite may have pushed her only living child away.

She decided that the next day she'd talk more with Spike and see if his uncle could recommend someone here in Sunnydale. Then she would take a better look at her daughter, and not just the heavy make up or clothes she wore. If what Spike was trying to tell her was true, she had a daughter to save.

*******

He sat and watched as all the lights in the house on Revello Drive darkened, telling him they'd gone to bed. The night reminded him of the one eighteen months ago, when something in him snapped. Her tears and the whiny tone in her voice brought out the demon in him he hadn't known existed. He could feel the demon wanting to be given free reign again, but he knew it would have to wait its turn. Now it was his turn to get what he wanted; the beast would have to wait until she was his.

He'd heard she was home watching her sister and her parents were going out to dinner and a movie. The other sister wouldn't be home. It would've given him plenty of time to obtain what he'd come for. She'd then gone and messed up his plans on bringing her home where she belonged. Even the changes she'd gone though since that night couldn't dampen his need for her. She would be his, and nothing or no one would be able to stop him.

This time he wouldn't fail. Everything was in place, with a few added features. Not only that, she was older now. She was at a age to know more about what it meant to be a woman, and to please her man. Starting his car, he drove back to the side of town that he lived, and where he dreamed of her soon joining him there.

*******

Buffy tossed and turned as the nightmares took over. Most of the time sleep was a great place to escape to. She could make things happen the way she wanted them. Dawn was alive; Dru was never in the picture. Her mother and father doted on both she and Dawn. Willow and Xander were still her best friends, mixed with her present friends.

This time she was running from someone or something scary. Her gut was telling her if she were caught she'd be as dead as Dawn was now. Doors kept shutting in her face by people that once mattered in her life. Even Willow, with a sad face said when it was her turn to open and then shut the door, "I'm sorry, but my dad won't let me save you."

There he stood, his blue eyes calling to her to come to him. Everything told her if she made it to him she'd be safe. The thing chasing her wouldn't be able to hurt her if she could make it to the man with blue eyes, blonde hair, and with his arms wide open toward her.

Just before she made it, someone grabbed her from behind and said, "Die bitch, he's mine and your fate is waiting for you in hell."

Before she could scream or call out to Spike, Dru pushed her back. Next thing she knew she was being dragged away. Spike's face was sad as he stood and held her sister's hand. Just before she was dragged under, Buffy woke up in a sweat. Looking over she noticed it was only 2 a.m. and wondered if she'd be able to fall back asleep. She tried her best to forget about the blue eyes that even now made her wish she'd seen him first.

*******

Buffy stretched as her alarm woke her, leaving the loud music playing. Today she had to work at The Magic Shop. She worked there every weekend, even if her parents thought she just hung out at the mall doing nothing. They never asked how she came up with the money to buy things. She never asked them for a penny once she turned sixteen.

She rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom after grabbing what she would need. Avoiding this house for the rest of the weekend was her highest priority now. The need to distance herself further from the people that lived here grew stronger.

Faith Jenkins had saved her 18 months ago when her happy, simple life turned into her worst nightmare. Her parents turned their back on her since her sister never came forth and told the truth. No one ever asked her what had really happened. All the police were interested in asking was if she'd seen anyone strange hanging around when she left the house. No one asked her if she'd been the one to leave Dawn alone that night, no one seemed to care to hear the truth.

Her best friend Willow had deserted her, even if it wasn't the girl's choice. She really couldn't blame Willow, since it was her parents who ordered her to stay away from her. But then a part of her hated the girl for not fighting for their friendship, and for not even asking her if she'd left her little sister alone. Xander's loyalty belonged to Willow his long time childhood best friend. Their defection was the final straw that broke her that day Faith found her.

Everyone at school whispered and pointed their fingers at her. Some even left notes calling her a sister killer. No one treated her the same way again since that night. She became the unpopular of the unpopular. It was on the day she couldn't take it any more that Faith found her in the park, falling apart at the seams.

Since that day, Faith was her constant companion and confidant. Through her she found Anya, Angel and Darla. Angel was Faith's older brother and Anya their older sister. She envied how close the Jenkins were. The argued like the dickens, but they loved each other so much. No matter what trouble Faith got in her family supported her. They'd yell at her, but then hug her close and tell her how much they loved and worried about her. She thought she had that once, and hoped her friend cherished what she had.

She was sure today she'd be able to get a double shift out of Anya. There was no way she was coming back here until she had to. It was getting harder and harder to come back to this house or face the people that lived here. She dreamt of Dawn last night; she was smiling at her telling her everything would work out. It gave her the strength to face another day of existing. After work she'd go to the Bronze and party, spend time losing herself in the music and her little pill.

*******

Spike heard the alarm and wondered why a seventeen year old would be getting up at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning. The he remembered Dru telling him that her sister worked at some kind of magic shop or something on the weekends.

He wondered if he should try and be in the kitchen before she came down. The need to talk to her again was strongly urging him to take action. His father had told him he was just like his mother when it came to caring about others. Anne Rayne was known for her charity work and her giving heart. Nathan and Anne Rayne had been very respected in their community back home in England.

Smiling to himself he rolled out of bed to get dressed, thinking today was going to be very challenging to say the least. He would make sure she left knowing some one was thinking about her welfare. The thought of how he'd pull it off kept buzzing in his head, and he told himself he'd just play it by ear once he got to the kitchen.

*******