Author's Chapter Notes:
Back in town and hooked to internet that is not dial up.......
Spike felt that time passed too quickly. Before he knew it they were back where they'd started by The Magic Shop. He didn't want to let her get out of his car. Instead he wanted to keep her belted in and drive and drive until they were far away from here.

Buffy grabbed the salad when he pulled up to the curb, "I would very much like to meet your uncle. Just I would like it to be on my terms. Somewhere quiet that no one knows me."

"How about we meet him in the next town tomorrow for lunch?"

"Duh, there's Dru."

"I can handle Dru, like I said I'm not her lap dog." He told her in a tone that made her believe he was his own man.

Buffy snickered as she reached up to pull down the collar to his shirt, "Well, golly Batman, there is no collar, so I guess that means no leash. Unless, she has you chipped." She was joking with him for now, since she didn’t believe she had the right to question his intentions concerning Dru yet.

Spike laughed as he tweaked her nose and replied, "No chip, no leash. I'm my own man, for now."

"For now?"

"You never know what the future might hold for you Slayer, you never know." Spike replied with a smirk as he looked at the writing on her shirt. "I really do like that shirt."

"Good, I'll burn it one day." She teased.

"Don't, I'll take it in remembrance of the girl who saved me from spending all my fortunes on her."

"Funny, ha, ha." Buffy replied, trying to hide her smile, making it just barely a grin.

"Will you be home for dinner?"

"No, I try and stay away from most if not all family functions." Buffy answered, "So don't take it personally."

"I won't. I will see you tomorrow then."

"It's a date … I mean, well you know." She muttered, trying to back pedal. "I'll call you later and tell you when and where we can meet your uncle."

"I'll await your call, now off with you before they start crawling all over my car trying to kill me or something."

"See you tomorrow then." Buffy said before she closed he door, finding it hard not to look back as she walked back into the shop with Anya's food.

Spike watched until she was safely in the store. He knew as she walked away he wanted her in his life, and more than as just a friend. The problem was going to be how his relationship with Dru would affect things. The knowledge that he was possibly falling in love with his girlfriend's sister didn't seem as weird as he thought it should. His concern was how her parents would react, and if Buffy could handle the fact he'd been with Dru before her.

"Guess we will have to take it one day at a time." He mumbled as he put the car in drive so he could return back to the Summers' home.

*******

He parked a block up from the black Desoto so he could watch from a safe distance. His anger mounted as he watched them talk while she exited the car. The plans he had for her would have to be moved up. He couldn't take the chance of her becoming involved with this stranger.

Waiting for a few seconds he chose to follow this young punk and find out what he could about him. His demon was calling for revenge, just for the fact this unworthy had touched his property. It was then he realized the beast considered Buffy his as well.

*******

Faith was waiting when Buffy returned to work. Anya had called her after finding out what happened at the diner. The dark haired Jenkins wanted to go over and kick some ass, but Rupert Giles had talked her out of it. He'd convinced her it wouldn't help Buffy in the long run, but only make matters worse for her.


"So, 'B' who's the hottie I hear played your knight in shining armor?" Faith asked when Buffy sat Anya's salad on the table.

"Just a nice guy is all." She lied, not wanting anyone to make a big deal out of her being with Dru's boyfriend.

"He also take you to get my salad? You've been gone a long time." Anya asked.

"Can we please not play the twenty questions? He was nice to me and that's all." She replied, hoping they'd leave it be. "Honestly, don't make it more than it was."

"5 by 5, 'B', you want to keep him a secret not a problem." Faith teased as she gave her a saucy wink. "So, we gonna party at the Bronze tonight?"

"Oh, yeah." Buffy, replied. "I'm so not going home tonight, until I have to."

"Stay at my house." Faith suggested. "You can sleep in something of mine."

"Sounds like a plan." Buffy answered.

"Call your parents and let them know where you will be." Anya pointed out as she turned to her boss and said, "Come on Rupert, I have the books out to go over with you."

Faith and Buffy shared a knowing look between them. Both of them knew there wouldn't be any books opened, but the desk would be used by the couple. Faith walked over and turned on the radio.

"Just a little mood music for the kiddies, so we don't hear how the adults play together." Faith snickered, "It might make Giles put his glasses on so he can take them off and clean them and try to act like nothing happened."

"You are so bad." Buffy sighed as she grabbed the inventory list and went to the door to the storage area. "Call me if it gets busy."

"Gotcha."

Buffy shook her head as she entered the storage area, intending to try and make sense of what happened earlier. The question of why kept going through her mind. Why did Spike defend her earlier? Why did he tell her about his Aunt? Why didn’t her parents believe her when she said she didn't leave Dawn alone?

So many whys invading her thoughts it was making her head hurt. She also knew if anyone saw Spike with Dru, her sister would find out about what happened in the diner. Then all hell would break loose, and she was sure the vamped bitch would make her life hell. The only good that might come out of it would be the chance Spike would escape her sister's web. She truly believed the woman would suck the life out of the man who'd come to her rescue earlier.

"I guess trying to save someone is catching." Buffy muttered to herself.

*******

Spike felt a sense of uneasiness come over him when he pulled into the driveway and saw Dru waiting for him. The last thing he wanted right now was to spend any time alone with her, let alone have to explain where he was. He was sure if he told her the truth, any chance to help Buffy would be taken out of his hands.

"I was hoping we could take a drive, and maybe spend some quality time together." Dru said as she leaned through the driver's side window. "I'm sure we can find somewhere we can be alone."

"Can I make a quick trip to the loo first?"

"Sure, I'll grab us something to drink." Dru said as she turned to run into the house.

Spike gripped the steering wheel as he tried to figure out how to get out of going with her. She'd see right through him if he said he wasn't feeling well. He knew if he waited much longer Dru would become suspicious of his behavior. Quickly getting out of the car, he made his way into the house.

"Spike, there you are. I was getting worried you'd got lost." Joyce greeted him with a smile. "I have to ask, do you know how to grill?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Hank was called in to the office on some important project. So I'm down a grill attendant." She explained. "I'm not comfortable with the darn thing, since it's not electric."

Spike smiled with relief since the woman gave him a way out, "Sure, Mrs. Summers, I'd love to help."

"Please, call me Joyce."

"Then Joyce, could you let Dru know while I go upstairs for a minute."

"Sure, I will." Joyce replied as she headed to the kitchen, as Spike sprinted up to the restroom with a huge grin on his face.

*******

Driving past the Summers' home was unexpected, even more so was the fact the young man pulled up in to the driveway. He felt his anger mount and his fear of losing her yet again almost take charge until he noticed the older Summers' girl come out and greet him.

He didn't know if he should laugh or kill the punk. It looked as if the fool was playing each of the sisters against the other. A part of him was relieved, knowing this was in his favor; the other part was furious that the soon to be dead man would play his Buffy so wrong. The list of victims for his beast to punish was growing. He knew he'd just have to sit back and carefully view his options. Before this weekend, one thing was sure. He would have his girl.