Author's Chapter Notes:
Do not own any Buffy or Angel verse, Do not own anything Nora Roberts aka JD ROBB writes, but I wish I could own Spike...
Chapter Three:


“I apologize I was unable to attend the video conference this morning Mr. Tamiyoko. I usually oversee everything on projects of this magnitude. I hope my assistant Jenny was able to give you all the progress and updates associated with the prototype.” Spike addressed the Japanese businessman on screen.




“Ms. Calendar was most helpful with all of the details Mr. Masters, I look forward to working on this project together. I heard about the unfortunate turn of events the other night. I trust the matter is being looked into.” Before he could reply to Tamiyoko, the door flew open and Spike saw a whirlwind of anger coming right at him, closely followed by Jenny Calendar.



“Who in God’s name do you think you are?” Buffy all but spit at him as she made her way around his massive desk, not noticing the giant screen that held the image of Tamiyoko.




Ignoring her rant he turned back to the screen and addressed his client. “Mr. Tamiyoko, I must cut this short as a bull has entered my china shop.” He smirked at the man and Tamiyoko smiled briefly, “Understood, but we will touch base later this week correct?”




“I assure you that everything with the prototype is ahead of schedule and I will brief you toward the end of the week. Merushi adiosu Misuta Tamiyoko.” Spike addressed Tamiyoko in his native Japanese.



“Adiosu, Misuta Masters.” Tamiyoko bowed and disconnected the call.




Spike disconnected his call and sighed, “I don’t
presume to be God, but my Christian name is William, but I don’t believe that’s what you came down to my office to ask is it Lieutenant?” He turned to face her and was assaulted by her feral beauty. Her eyes were blazing, chest heaving, her hair coming out of it’s ponytail. She was glorious. The anger and hurt he felt when he left the Bronze dissipated as soon as he saw her again.




“I’m sorry she burst in your office sir, I wasn’t able to stop her after she did not heed my warning that you were in an important meeting.” Jenny sweetly, yet firmly said from behind Buffy.




“It’s quite alright Jenny, Lieutenant Summers has a few questions to ask me and I’m sure she couldn’t wait to associate herself with business etiquette. Hold all my calls and meetings for the next hour.” And with that Jenny walked toward the door.




“I’ll be right outside if you need me William.” She made a point in using his Christian name as she quirked her brow toward him. He smirked back and heard the door close.



Buffy was flabbergasted at his almost jovial attitude and was for once speechless and she gaped at him.




“If you’ve come to apologize pet, I appreciate the gesture, but a call would have sufficed.” He stood up and closed the gap between them. “But seeing you grovel in person is even better.” He itched to bring her closer to him.



“Well, I, I, I, I…, never.” She was so appalled by his behavior she couldn’t get the words out. She realized how quickly he turned from business to cocky in one instant and she was still reeling from his incredulous manner.




“No, sorry probably isn’t something in your vocabulary kitten, but I bet when you do it, it feels so good.” Spike’s innuendo was not lost.



She raised her hand to hit him, and he pulled her close so their bodies meshed as one. “I’m going to kiss you Lieutenant, so if it’s not something you want, you better push me away....”



Before Spike could continue, Buffy grabbed his face and felt the heat as her lips touched hers for the very first time. They grappled to get the upper hand and realized they both had found their match. They slid together ferociously as his hands went to her hair and freed it from the holder. She tried to bring him closer, wanted to crawl into him and felt an unbridled passion fill her.




Their tongues tangled and they came up for just long enough for the breath they needed. She needed more friction to ease the ache she had deep within. She’d never felt this, wanted this, needed this.



She pushed him against the wall and felt the portraits shake. Buffy put her leg up and felt his erection exactly where she needed it and she heard him chuckle.



The chuckle is what brought her out of the moment and she pushed away from him, lips full from the kiss and her hand went to her forehead. “Oh my God, what did we just do? I have to go, I have to get out of here, I’ll make an appointment with your assistant Mr. Masters.” And with that she was gone.




He barely had time breathe before she flew out the door and he held his hand as if to stop her. “Damn it!”




Back at SPD headquarters:




Buffy had her hands in front of her face, elbows on the desk, and wondered what had come over her to kiss Spike. ‘He’s beautiful, smart, and sexy as hell, you idiot!’ She warred with her inner self. ‘Yeah and also the owner of the Bronze, a billionaire, and possibly a potential suspect.’ The cop in her retaliated.




“Lieutenant! We’ve found out who Jane Doe is.” Willow came racing in, holding a piece of paper, breaking Buffy’s tirade with herself.



Willow stopped suddenly and saw Buffy’s face.




“Are you okay? You look green like you’re going to barf or something? Do you need anything, tea, soup, a hot washcloth?” Willow went into caregiver mode immediately.



“No, what I need is the identity of the victim, Officer.” Buffy stood up and held out her hand.





Another cliffhanger till next time…Thanks so much for all the great reviews, it makes me all mushy inside…I gave you just a little Spuffy, but I promise next time it will be GREAT…