Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! They are at least making progress right *wink* Since it's my birthday tomorrow I just wanted an "intimate" chapter, to make me happy =D Squiee! More “intimate" stuff soon! =P
Chris had left shortly afterwards. She had let her parents hold her, and cry into her shoulder before pulling back. She had smiled at them, telling them she had to leave, but that she would be back soon. After brushing a strand of Buffy’s hair behind her ear, and receiving a gently squeeze in the shoulder from Spike, she had vanished before their eyes. As if she had never been there.

Now they were alone again, but it did not feel like before. There was an understanding…..there was no way back. They had an agreement that they would stick together to work this out, no matter what. It was Buffy who broke the silence, staring at Spike with a new kind of emotion in her eyes.

“I’m so sorry Spike. I said horrible things to you, and I’m really sorry. You were right. We have to work this out together. Please forgive me.”

“Buffy….”

“Please.”

The tone of her voice broke his heart. She was looking at him with pleading eyes, full of unshed tears. He knew this was about so much more then her silly question: She was terrified she would be left alone in this. That he would walk away so she would be left behind with all these doubt and fears. She did not trust him whatsoever, and he knew this was his chance to earn that trust.

She stood there, in front of him: Looking so fragile, vulnerable and scared; that there was only one thing he felt he could do to assure her she wasn’t alone.

He walked towards her and rapped his strong arms around her, resting his head on her shoulder and burying his face in her hair.

To his surprise, Buffy responded by rapping her arms around his shoulders. He had surprised her with this action, but it made her feel so supported and cared for. She started to realize why they had made such a good couple, and parents: They would be a team. They were already becoming one.

“Silly girl, I’m not going anywhere.” He whispered in her neck, holding her close to him, but not pressing.

She pulled back, smiling at him and mounding ‘Thank you’ before letting him go to sit on the bed. She grabbed his hand to guide him with her, so he would sit next to her.

“I had a pretty rough day as it is, but this topped it all.” She signed, running her hands trough her hair.

“Oh that’s right, you went to the hospital. How did it go?”

“Weird…I guess. I convinced them my mum had these headaches, and that they really had to make a scan. And when they finally did, it turned out she had this minuscule tumour in her head. I was in total shock of course, but they told us that this was such an early stage, it was no problem at all to remove it completely.”

“Wow….”

“Yeah, I was so relieve. She will only have to come back once for the removal and after that she needs to go there for check ups once in a while, but she is going to be fine.”

“That’s great, luv.” He signed, glad that she wasn’t crying anymore. He hated to see her cry.

“Yeah. It was the bright spot in this dark day.” She smiled, moving a bit closer so their arms were touching, and making him feel warm inside. He liked this change of her attitude.

“But my bad day isn’t over yet, though.”

He noticed her making a face, and tried to remember what else there was on her list to do.

“Riley?”

“Right, I have to explain this to him.”

“Yeah right, good luck. What are you going to say?”

“You mean, what am I going to say without sounding like a complete idiot?”

“Well, I didn’t…well yeah.”

“If I only knew.”

“Can’t you just….well….brake up with him?”
He asked with an innocent voice, closing the space between their hips.

“N…N…No, I can’t. You know that.”

“I do?”

His voice was hushed; almost a whisper and Goosebumps appeared on the skin of her arms.

“I love him Spike.” She blushed, and noticed the desire in his eyes when he looked at her. Oh god…

Her breathing was becoming heavier and her heartbeat was speeding up. He could hear, see and feel all the chances in her body, and it encouraged him to move even closer. He wanted her.

“Do you now?” The sound of his voice was getting rougher, deeper, and she felt it vibrate on her skin as he got closer.

“Y….yes…..He makes me feel secure.”

Yes, he wanted her, and it was not because of the whole daughter-from-the-future thing: he had always wanted her. Because she was beautiful, and strong, independent and funny….and sometimes even smart. They were just in the same wavelength, and she was the only person he could really say that about, along with his mother.

“And that is what you want?”

“I don’t know…Spike please, don’t do this.” She stood up and walked to the centre of her room, not looking at him. She could, and would not let him show what effect he had on her. She was still involved with Riley, so she shouldn’t even be thinking about Spike at all. ‘God, and especially not in the way she was thinking about h?’

“You need more Buffy. Admit it, he is you rebound guy.”

“No, he is not.”

“But he is not the one for you either.”

“…….No.”

“You need something more….you need what we could have, Buffy. Chris told you herself.”

“It’s not that….”

“There is something between us Buffy, there always been something.”

“I don’t….”

“And it’s much more pure and real that anything you can possibly feel for Captain cardboard. I might be out of place here, but you know it Buffy, you feel it too. We could be great together, if you would give us a chance.”

“It’s too fast.”

“No, it’s not. We have been twisting and turning around each other for years.”

“Well, this is the first time I’m even allowing myself to think about it.”

“You can lie to yourself Buffy, but not to me. I can smell lies.” He grinned when he saw the shocked look on her face. He could almost hear her thinking, ‘Can he?’
He had moved away from the bed and was facing her now, closing the gap between them a little bit more with every sentence that was spoken. She didn’t back away.

“You know it was meant to be. You have proof of that now.”

“Give me some time to get used to the idea.”

“How about I make you feel it.” His breath tickled the skin of her neck, and she couldn’t help closing her eyes at the feeling. His hands were caressing her arms, and she grabbed on to his back for support. His lips lingered so close to hers, and she pressed herself against him gently, feeling his hard muscles trough his shirt.

“Buffy…”She heard his whisper. He wasn’t moving anymore. She knew he wouldn’t to anything she didn’t want to, and the next move was left for her to make. It was her decision.

When he felt her lips brushing gently against his, he wasn’t able to hide his surprise, and remained still for what seemed minuets, hours…but were hardly a few seconds. Time stopped, and all he could feel was her warm, sweet, soft body in his arms.

After he had recovered, he kissing her back: sweet and gentle at first, but soon the kiss was deepened, and passion took over.

His tongue ran along her bottom lip, and she opened up to him with moan. His hands found their way to her back, running his fingers along her spine and the golden locks that waved over her shoulders. They explored each other, wrapped in a warm embrace and body’s pressed flushed against each other.

She felt, heard and saw nothing more then him, and she was overwhelmed by a sensations she had never felt before. It felt like they were bonding in a way. Like there was this primal, magical connection, which made her able to understand and feel his every though and feeling.

She nibbled on his lower lip, and he growled in a very animal like way. He felt like he was going to burst, and the way she was pressing against him wasn’t helping him to regain any self-control.

Her fingers stroked his hair, messing it up so it stood up straight, and making him look like he had just came out of bed. He held her face with both his hands now, trying to pull her as close as she could possibly get, and feeling her skin burn underneath his fingertips.

His vampire hearing picked up footsteps approaching out in the hall, but Buffy’s caresses and moans made him forgot about anything else but her, and the way she made him feel.

They didn’t brake away from each other until a high pitched voice echoed trough the room and startled them so much their heads bumped.

“Oh my god Buffy!”

“Bloody Hell!”

“Ouch, oh my god, Dawn!”

Buffy looked at her kid sister, who was standing in the door opening with huge eyes and a jaw that almost touched the ground.

“Spike…And you…and Spike…Oh my god.”

“Dawn what the hell are you doing here.”

Buffy’s face had been flushed from the previous kiss, but was now turning into a shade of purple. She had never been more furious with the timing of her sister. And by the feeling of her forehead, she was sure there would be a bump on it in less then half an hour.

“Are you and Spike together?”

“No, I…”

“I though you were with Riley.”

“I am….I don’t know. Would you just go?”

She exchanged a nervous look with Spike, who was rubbing his forehead. She had no answers to her sister questions. She didn’t have a clue of what just happened herself. The only thing she felt was the burning sensation that lingered on her lips, and the heat that had build up deep inside of her.

“But….”

“We’ll talk later Dawn.”

She knew she would have to explain, or else Dawn would tell her mum, or even worse…..her friends. She didn’t want to deal with that right know.

Spike was starting to feel really uncomfortable, and was relieved when Dawn finally left the room. He liked the youngest Summer girl, but this was not something he had wanted to share with her.

When the door closed behind Dawn’s brown hair, Spike noticed the sun was already going down, so it would be safe for him to leave. He did not want to stay here and hear Buffy say that what they had done was wrong, and how they could never be. He wanted to capture this moment for as long it would last, and he sure did not wanted to know that she belonged to Riley and not to him.

Buffy eyed him while she was chewing on her lower lip. Should she kiss him again? She really wanted to. No...She didn’t. Yes she did…..Oh god.

“Spike….” But she wasn’t sure what to say to him. Fortunately he solved that issue for her.

“I should go, the sun is down.”

“I…”

“It’s cool, I’ll see you around.”

He was ready climb out of the window when she called his name. He would have ignored her, not wanting to hear all the things…..he did not want to hear. But she used his real name, and by just doing that, his heart swelled. She saw him as more then a monster….she saw the real him.

“William.”

She was relieved he stopped and turned around. He looked at her like he saw her for the first time, and she knew she had touched his heart.

“Thank you.”

He smiled. Not a grin, but a real smile.

“I’ll be back soon Buffy. Don’t worry about anything, we’ll work it out.” Was all he said, before he jumped out the window and disappeared.