Author's Chapter Notes:
New Chapter. Hope you guys like it! Please review!
Spike had felt embarrassed and angry when he had heard the comment, made by the stranger standing behind him. That person did not have the right to judge his conversation with Buffy. Even though the comment had been childish.

But the moment he had turned around, all of the feelings had changed into surprise, curiosity and shock.

Standing before him in the dark alley, was a girl. A girl he could not have known, but seemed awfully familiar.

He took a moment to take in her appearance, trying to figure out if she was human, or demon. He sensed nothing.

She was only slightly shorter then he was, and her golden hair rested upon her shoulders. Her deep, green eyes seemed to look right trough his head, as her gaze was strong, confident and never left his.

She was a pretty thing, he noticed, with a sweet face that expressed her every feeling. Red lips, pink cheeks, smooth skin, and a straight, nicely shaped nose. Strangely enough, he was not attracted to her in the least. Only curious, and fascinated.

Her body was in good shape, but the view was taken from him by the leather coat she wore. A coat that reminded him of his own.

He noticed she carried herself as a warrior, a slayer, which made him wonder. She couldn’t be one, a slayer that was. He would have known. But what was she then? She sure wasn’t just an ordinary girl either.

She couldn’t be older then 18 years old, but her eyes were the eyes of a girl that had seen far too much. It made her look older tired.

Other then her coat, she wore an old, filthy pair of jeans, and a black t-shirt that clung to her curves. It was completed with a pair of black boots with low-heels, covered in dirt, like she had run trough a forest.

“What are you?” He blurted out, and the moment he said it, he knew that he shouldn’t have. He just couldn’t help being frightened by not being able to sense her.

“You are not very polite today, are you?” She smiled, walking past him, and looking at him with equal interest.

“What do you want?” He took a step back, as she came closer. Trapping himself against the wall.

“You can’t sense me, can you?” She asked, her tone changing from sarcasm into wonder, still walking around him like a tiger.

“No.”

“It’s fine, I’m human, I swear. I’m not dead or anything, I’m just…I’m human, ok?”
It almost humored him to see her attitude change from a confident woman, to a teenage girl.

Funny enough, he believed her. He never trusted people that easily, but now, with her, he knew it was ok to do so.

“Ok.”

She smiled again, looking around as if she was searching for something.

“But again, what do you want?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to see you. Before I’ll do what I came here for.” She said, still looking at him with great interest. Rising up her hand, it looked like she was going to touch his face, but then withdraw her arm just in time, as if she had burned herself.

He had no idea what she was talking about, and assumed she must be crazy, like Dru. Thank god he had learned how to deal with that.

“Ok, thanks. Nice to see you. Now go do what you came here for.”
He said, pretending he knew what she was talking about, and hoping she would go away. She frightened him a little.

She stared at him for a few seconds, blinking and frowning, before a smile appeared on her face.

Before he knew it, she had thrown her head in her neck, and laughed out loud, clutching her stomach as if it pained her to laugh like this. As if it was something she hadn’t done in a long time, and surprised her muscles with her action.

“You think I’m crazy, don’t you?” She giggled, while catching her breath.

“Well, yeah.…” He admitted, not knowing what else to do or say.

She kept grinning, grabbing his arm, which startled him, but he did not have the hart to push her away.

“Let’s go to your crypt. Give me a quick chance to explain this, and I’ll be on my way.”

“It’s not that far…wait a second. How do you know about my crypt?” He asked, being pulled along by his arm, as she stepped firmly trough the snow.

“Just come on, I’m cold.”

************************************************************

Stepping inside the dusty crypt, she had no idea why she had wanted to go here in the first place. It was not warmer inside then outside, only the cold wind didn’t blow trough the stone walls. Other then that is was disgusting and dark, and she wondered why her mum had told her she had found it cozy when they had been dating.

“This is it?”

“Well, I’m sorry it isn’t to your liking, princess. “ He sneered, throwing his coat on the tomb, and then sat upon it, making himself comfortable, but never taking his eyes of the strange girl.

She flinched when she heard him say that. Princess.

He had called her that over a million times. She had always been his princess.
Only now, it was more of an insult.

“Right, well…”

“What’s your name?” His question had appeared out of nowhere, and she took a few seconds before answering.

“Chris.”

“Chris? That’s a guys name.” He stated, as if that had said it all.

“It’s short for Christan.”

“Look sweet bit, I don’t know who you are or what you want, but you better tell me why I can’t sense you, cause it’s freaking me out.” Spike spat, irritated he needed to keep looking at her to see where she was going.

“I’m…This will sound crazy, but I’m not from this time.” She signed. She had almost forgotten how impatient he could be.

“What do you mean, not from this time? Please don’t tell me you are the ghost from Christmas past, and here to change me into a loving and caring bloke. Cause, let me warn you, I will puke.”

She laughed again, loving to hear his familiar sarcasm. “Well, please don’t puke, but it’s something like that. I’m kinda…from the future.”

“The ghost of Christmas yet to come? Shouldn’t you look scarier?”

He laughed as she smacked him playfully on his arm, and he surprised himself with his attitude towards this stranger.

“I’m not a ghost, I’m from the future.”