Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy new year Everybody! Make it a good one! And thank you all so much for the support!
The future? Oh now it was official, this girl had completely lost it.

“Oh really? And why should I believe you?”

“Oh come on, I don’t have time for games. Just believe me.”
She was a feisty one, and he was trilled to realize he could treat her like an equal. She was not taking any crap from him.

“What year are we talking about?”

“2030.”

“That’s where you’re from?”

“Yeah, I was born in 2012, and I am 18 now.” She signed, walking over to the tomb where Spike had been sitting, and sat upon the coat that still laid on it.

“I’m here because; everything will be going to hell. 28 years from now, you will all be dead, and I’m the only one left. And before that, there is a lot that will cause pain and suffering.”

“So, pretty much the usual.” He stated with a smirk, not noticing the pained look on her face as she spoke about her time.

“Worse.”

“So you’re here to change your future, that’s it?”

“No, I’m here to change yours.”

When she saw the confused look on his face, she smiled a little.

“My mum made a Christmas wish tonight. She wished things would turn out fine. And the only way to make that happen is to come to this time and change a couple of things. This is where it all will go wrong. So that’s what I’m going to do.”

“But you said your mum was dead. Sorry for your lost, but how can she possibly make a wish?” Spike was stunned by her story, but understood now what she had been rambling about. What he didn’t get was what he had to do with this all. Wait, had she said he would be dead too?

“But my mum is still alive in this year. You might know her.”

“I don’t think so pet; I am not really the social kind of guy.”

“Oh, But you know her. You know her very, very well.”
She jumped off the tomb, stalking towards him, looking at him with those piercing green eyes, and her golden locks that shone in the candlelight.

Golden hair and bright green eyes he finally recognized.

“Buffy.” He whispered, so soft, he did not think she would have heard him.

“That’s right. Buffy is my mum.”

“You look exactly like her, bit.” He said, still whispering, and stroking a strand of her hair, as if he hadn’t seen her before.

“Not exactly.” She said, but her eyes wondered uncertain trough the room. Avoiding his gaze, as if she would get too emotional if she didn’t.

“And your dad?” He asked, after a short silence.

“Please don’t tell me it’s soldier boy.” And suddenly stepped away from her, as if touching her would burn him. He almost looked disgusted at the thought of it, and she wondered who he was talking about.

“Well, he did participate in World War two, I believe.”

“Peaches?!” She jumped up when he yelled the name in a high, almost girly-like voice, and threw his arm up in the air. “No, no, no…Don’t tell me it’s him.”

Before she could respond, his head shot up, as if he had realized something.

“No, he can’t be your dad, you look nothing like him. I haven’t seen you brooding yet, and we have hung out for a good half hour.” He cried out in desperation, as if he was trying to convince himself.

“You’re right, he’s not. Geez, relax.” She grinned, finding it anything but surprising he was already having this reaction towards his grandsire.

Spike eyes widened at that, and a smile appeared on his face. “I knew it! Buffy is not that stupid. HA, wish I could have seen the look on his face when he heard Buffy was having a baby with an other man.”

“You did.” Unable to keep it in any longer, she gave him an intense look that was full of hints, hoping he would get it now.

“I did? Must have been the happiest bloody day in my un-life.”

“Well, I sure hope not.” She said, knowing other things had topped that moment, big.

“Why not?”

Now it was getting annoying.

“Bloody Hell. Because you are my father. Christ dad.”

She expected him to laugh, or to get angry. She even wished he would, because right now, he was giving her nothing. He was just stunned.

She was lying to him, there was no other explanation. But this had stirred something deep inside him, and the feeling of hope that had been lit up, made him feel weak, annoyed, but oh so very good. If she was being dishonest right now, he knew it would shatter his dream in one smooth movement.

“Don’t lie to me.”

“I’m not lying Dad, and if you took one moment to look at me, you would know.” Tears were forming in her eyes now, desperate to make him believe. She was so tired, and had a long night ahead of her.

“I’m a vampire. It’s impossible.”

“Living here in Sunnydale and saying those words…you are a brave man.”

“With Buffy? She hates me?”

“She does? Oh lord, haven’t you guys passed that stage yet. I have so much to do.” Chris signed, buttoning her coat, and preparing to leave.

“Look, why don’t you sit down, and think about all this, before I’m going to give you a stroke. I know it’s a lot, but I needed to tell you this to make things change. Ok?”

“Ok. But…”

“No, no buts, I need to go.”

He was still unable to believe her words, but knowing it was true by just looking at the way she looked, moved, talked, and dressed. She had to be one of him.

“I will come back, to explain some things, and trying to convince you, I guess. In the main time, you can try to make mum like you by being kind for a change. That would be very helpful.”

And with a quick peck on his cheek, and without an other word, she walked towards the door and disappeared into the night.

Feeling slightly lightheaded, he laid down on his tomb, clutching his head and breathing in unnecessary oxygen. He was going to be a father. He was going to have children with the slayer. With Buffy. Which mend he was going to make love to her.

The disturbing part was…..He wanted it more than anything.

He was so lost in his thoughts; the sound of the door opening again did not reach his ears.

“Ehm, one more thing dad. Can you show me the way to the hospital?”



Please Review!! =P