Author's Chapter Notes:
I know i know you all hate me right now for taking so long with this one! Am finding my musing vanishing quickly on this one! am desperate to get started on Backstage love sequel, so must finish this. Of course reviews will help me finish it quicker! thank you.
Chapter 4: The heat is on.

Spike rolled over in his sleep, the motion sending Buffy, who was sat on top of him, sprawling.

As he sat up rubbing his head, he looked over at the pissed off Slayer laying next to him and suddenly everything came flooding back painfully. He had hoped it had all been a bad dream and he wasn’t really stuck in a big invisible bubble with a pissed off Slayer. However as said Slayer was still next to him, he figured that it was just wishful thinking that it was a dream.

“Bloody Hell.” Standing up he stared with contempt towards the wall he could not see, but knew full well was there.

Standing up as well, Buffy tried to brush down her grass stained coat. Crossing her arms, she stared at Spike. “Swear all you like Mister, but we have got to get this sorted. Unlike some people I actually have a life. I have classes tomorrow and I can’t go with an annoying blood sucker stuck to me!” Stopping herself before she could go into full panic mode she took a deep breath and looked calmly at Spike. “We are going to Giles’, and we are going to get this sorted, so there!” Smiling she crossed her arms over her chest and looked at him.

Spike, on the other hand had other ideas. “No sodding way. We are not going to Watcher boy; I am not having him do any more sodding spells on me.”

“Well that’s just tough, you’re stuck with me, and I’m going. So it looks like you don’t get a choice in the matter, so like I said, Ha!” she smiled brightly at him, before turning her back on him.

Raising his eyes at her back, Spike couldn’t help chuckling; this could be amusing to watch the Slayer fall flat on her arse.

Closing her eyes, she focused her slaying abilities on where she wanted to go. Without opening her eyes, she took a deep breath and started to walk forward.

As she got closer to where the barrier was, Spike had a huge grin on his face, this could potentially be very amusing.

However suddenly he felt a force behind him pushing him forward. He seemed totally unable to stop himself as he was forced to take a step forward along with Buffy. “Bloody hell Slayer. What the hell?”

Without turning to look at him, she called over her shoulder to him. “Guess you are coming to Giles’ after all.” With that she set off towards her Watcher’s house at a fast pace. Spike was literally being dragged along behind whether he liked it or not. From the look on his face that was probably a not.

***
Standing in front of Giles’ front door of his apartment, Spike hung as far back as he physically could, which wasn’t that far, he wore a sulking look on his face.
Buffy on the other hand was a picture of bliss. She had managed to make it all the way to Giles house without falling flat on her arse, like Spike had done, once.

Reaching out her hand, Spike was once again pushed forward slightly. Buffy didn’t bother ringing the bell; she never had done in the past and wasn’t going to start now. Instead she held the doorknob, pushed the door open and walked in. Spike unwillingly following behind her.

Inside, Willow, Xander and Anya where sat on the settee. Giles was sat at his desk, a lone lamp lighting up the book that he read, and finally sat on a bar stool near the kitchenette counter was Riley.

Hearing the door open everyone in the room turned to look as Buffy and Spike walked through the door.

“Ah Buffy.” Putting his book down, Giles turned to look at his slayer. His eyes caught sight of Spike trailing in after her. “Get out.” His voice held a low menace to it.

“Love to, Rupert. Can’t” then still trapped within his bubble, he went and plonked himself down on the nearest seat.

“Buffy?” confused, Giles looked at her questioningly. However she wasn’t paying attention to either Giles or Spike. Her eyes where firmly fixed on Riley. “Riley? What are you doing here?”

Getting off the stool, he went and stood by his girlfriend. “I thought you might be here. Can we go talk in private somewhere?”

Seeing the look on his face, she knew whatever he wanted to say was important. “Sure,” however as soon as she had said it, she remembered her little vampire problem. “No.”

“No?” Riley looked at her confused.

“I can’t leave Spike.” Buffy explained.

“Buff, I think iddy biddy Spike can look after himself.” It was Xander who spoke up; it appeared everyone in the room was looking at them.

“No, you don’t get it. I can’t leave Spike. Believe me we have tried. That’s what I have come here to see Giles about. We are stuck together.”

“The bint’s telling the truth.”

Vampire and Slayer now had the attention of everyone in the room.

“What exactly do you mean ‘stuck together’?” Riley stared into Buffy’s eyes, however it was Spike that spoke.

“She means, you twit, we can’t get further than 10 feet away from each other. What do you think she meant you ninny?”

Riley looked offended as he stared at the bleach blond vampire.

Turning away from her boyfriend, she turned to Giles. “Despite all the British words I didn’t understand, what he says is true. We can’t get away from one another. It’s like there is a barrier there stopping us. It knocked Spike over. God it was so funny!”

It was now Spike’s turn to look offended, as Buffy snorted with the memory.

“So what I am sure Blondie is trying to say through all the laughter is fix it!

Buffy suddenly stopped laughing and looked at Giles with pleading eyes. “Please, fix it. I can’t do my job with him stuck to me. Not to mention having a life. Please just get rid of him. I can’t cope with him. Please!”

Taking off his glasses he started to clean them again. “Umm Buffy I need you to tell me exactly what occurred, before you found yourself in this situation.”

As Spike was now sat silently sulking in the corner, Buffy took it on herself to tell him. “Well, I was just doing my job, and then Spike showed turns up and starts getting in my way.”

“Pftt, getting in your way indeed! I was just having a bit of night time entertainment. You could have gone somewhere else.”

“Gone somewhere else? I got there first. Therefore you should have moved. I was the one actually working.”

“If that’s what you can call what you where doing. Looked more like getting yourself killed.”

Enough!” Buffy and Spike both turned red faced from where they had ended up nose to nose to look at an angry Giles. “You two are worse than children. Now what occurred after Spike showed up?”

Giving Spike one last glance, Buffy turned back to her Watcher and walked to the edge of the barrier. “Oh, well this guy showed up, said I killed his brother. He was a tall man, spoke with a funny accent. Said his name was Ashqueen. Something like that.”

“Ashquar?” Giles looked shocked.

“Yeah that’s him, do you know him?”

“By reputation only. Buffy; Ashquar is a very powerful warlock. People have feared his wrath for centuries.”

“Oh! Well that can’t be good.”
Riley, who was still finding it hard to believe magic had so much power, finally lost his rag. “That’s it! This is ridiculous!” Stepping between Buffy and Spike, he pushed them both in the opposite direction. “You cannot and will not be stuck together.”

However his plan to separate them back fired on him. As they both hit the barrier wall, they where propelled back towards the centre where Riley still stood.

Riley soon found himself sandwiched between an amused Slayer and a very pissed off vampire. Turning red in the face, he pushed the pair off him and stormed out the circle.

Facing Buffy, he looked her right in the eye. “When you are on your own, come and find me. We have to talk.” And with that he stormed out of the apartment.

“Riley!” Buffy made to follow him, but was stopped by the barrier.

Spike gave her a smug look behind her back. “Guess you’re sticking with me princess.”

As she turned to look at him, Spike saw that there where tears swimming in her eyes that now burned with anger at him. For some unknown it felt like they where stabbing him though the chest. He felt her pain.

Turning her back on him, she turned back to her watcher. “Giles, stop this thing now!”

“Ooh!” It was Willow who was now suddenly speaking up. “I think I know how.” And before anyone could stop her, she had spoken the words of the spell.

There was a flash of light and Buffy and Spike where left looking at each other. Buffy felt as though the temperature in the room had just gone up 100OC. she felt flushed all over.

As she turned to look at Spike, she saw his muscley chest, piercing blue eyes and his striking cheek bones; she felt her panties get soaked just from looking at him.

Spike was having similar feelings. As he stared at her, he felt a primal urge to take her upstairs and do unthinkable things to her until she wouldn’t be able to walk straight again. As he though this, he felt other parts of his body start to stir as well.

As silence fell upon the room, the Scoobies looked on shocked as the pair started at each other hungrily.

It was Xander who broke the silence. “Umm Houston, we have a problem.”

TBC…