Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading this fiction. I loved the reviews and all of you guys!
HEAVENLY DREAMS?


Chapter 5:


A/N: The beginning of this chapter will start somewhat on canon with the first three episodes of BTVS season 6. ‘Bargaining 1 and 2’ will be briefly touched on. The chapter will end during what was entitled ‘After Life’ and go completely off canon from the show.

Oh, Giles is very much still in Sunnydale and will prove to come in handy later in the chapter. Dawn is very important in this story, so she is also in this chapter however, Buffy’s reactions to ‘everyone’ will be very different then in the show.


Summary: Buffy ‘wakes’ up in a most macabre, precarious situation. She will quickly surmise where she is, why and what has happened. I promise that our heroine will immediately set out to rectify the situation and find her loved ones, therefore her heaven, once again.

If you caught a hint I provided in a previous chapter (William said the line) you may already know where this final chapter of the fiction is going.

Oh, and guys…I’m not going to even try and get through memory losses, etc., as part of the plot line. That’s just too difficult for me and I promised to end this fiction with this chapter.

Thanks, spufette.


Chapter 5: ‘Spike And Buffy; Heaven Reconnected’


Buffy ‘woke’ up with a vicious gasp; which proved to be more then a reaction of shock. It was an actual attempt at drawing a much needed breath into her long dormant lungs.

When she took her first breath of ‘life’ she thrust her head up with such force that it struck the hard, apparently solid wooden ceiling above her. Immediately, Buffy Anne Summers knew exactly where she was and the realization horrified her.

“Oh, God,” she groaned in terror, “I’ve been brought back.” The thought that she, the one and only slayer of all that was evil, had been pulled back to real life? That could only mean: Sunnydale, California circa 2001 and the reality of it chilled her now warming blood to the bone.

To top it off, she had awoken in her own coffin; probably covered in the blessed dirt of her own grave.

‘Not Buffy,’ she thought in her fog addled mind. ‘I’m Lizzy now; not Buffy anymore. I belong in London, with my William and our child…’

“Oh God, Willow, Tara, Xander?” Buffy wailed in desperation, “What the bloody hell have you done!”


Without missing a heartbeat, from a heart that had just kicked back in, moments before…..Buffy began to pound at the claustrophobic wooden top of her tomb. Her mission was more then clear; break out of her coffin; claw her way out of her own grave; and most importantly? Seek out her ‘William’ and Dawn.

By some miracle; or perhaps an act of God, Buffy managed to dig upwards. She had clawed her way out of the massive mound of dirt that covered her own grave.

Once she’d reached the outside world, Buffy burst through the last layer of dirt and pulled herself out of the fresh hole. Without benefit of a mirror, Buffy was well aware that she was a filthy mess; covered with dirt and mud.

‘Mud,’ her hazy brain finally registered as she looked up into the dark, black clouded sky above her. A crack of thunder boomed and a bolt of lightening cracked on the horizon. This did not so much frighten Buffy as it reassured her.

“When it rains in California; thank God it pours,” she cried out, defiantly, into the darkness.

As the hard driven rain beat down upon Buffy’s grimy body and matted hair, she threw back her head in welcome of the cleansing water. It took just moments for the icy, harsh rain to wash the filth from Buffy’s hair and body.


A hour or so later; on the other side of Sunnydale, a major turf war was going on. Some random vampire biker gang (probably on PCP) had ridden into town and tried to take out the slayer and her gang.

They had been met by Willow, Spike, Giles, Xander, Tara, Dawn and Anya (God help us all) who had brought along the reprogrammed bot.

Willow had spent weeks, after Buffy’s untimely death, in reconstructing the poor little ‘toaster that could’ or somewhat. This was so the Buffy bot could give the impression that the real slayer was still living.

Although no one had asked, Spike had spent the summer after his one true love’s death, taking care of Dawn and helping the Scoobies. Sadly, only Dawn and Tara had thought to thank the heartbroken vampire.

Sometime, during the battle with the biker vamps, Dawn had suddenly taken off from the others. Spike sent Tara after Buffy’s little sister, so he could stay and help the others run the violent, rowdy group of fanged bikers out of Sunnydale.

Dawn ran, like a woman possessed, back to her own home on Revello Drive. She had seen something; or rather heard something that the doomed little bot had said.

“The ‘other’ Buffy,” the bot had stated evenly, “she’s back. She’s here.” That had been just a split second before some bikers with chains had managed to capture and tie up the poor, brave Buffy bot. They then pulled the chains in four different directions, pulling the mechanical replica into pieces.

Only Dawn had heard what the Buffy bot had said before she was completely destroyed before the gang’s very eyes. That’s when Spike had ordered Tara chase after Dawn, knowing that the other Scoobies would never survive without him.

Dawn raced to the house on Revello, her feet unable to move as fast as she really wanted them to. When she got to the front yard of the Summers’ home, the teen knew right away that it was true. What the bot had said that is.

The front door of her house was completely pulled off the hinges; the oaken door lay, toppled onto the front porch. No one, human or otherwise, could have ripped the door from the wall and entered that blessed domain. No one, but Buffy Summers herself.

Dawn Summers eagerly rushed, unafraid, into the house; secure in the knowledge (at least in her heart) of who exactly awaited her inside.

Once inside the home, Dawn frantically began to check, room by room, for her newly arisen sister. She did not have to look far.

Buffy stood, apparently soaked to the bone from the downpour, her back to Dawn, in the living room. Just in front of the great brick fireplace that their father had built for their dead mother.

“Buffy,” Dawn called to her sister; her voice barely a whisper that anyone could hear. Dawn stood stock still, frozen in tracks and suddenly unsure of this whole surprising turn of events.

Buffy’s soaked body tensed, momentarily, before she turned and faced the dear face she had somehow missed so much.

“Dawnie?” Buffy murmured softly as she took a tentative step towards the frightened girl.

“Don’t you know me, Buffy,” Dawn whimpered sadly, her blue eyed gaze never left her sister’s green one. “I’m Dawn, you sister, remember?”

‘How could I not know you, darling Dawn,’ Buffy wondered inwardly. ‘Your eyes are mirrors of your father’s beautiful blue….


“Sister…” is all Buffy could say as she took another step towards the confused girl. The newly risen blond stopped in her tracks, suddenly and began to shake her head slowly.

“Not my sister,” Buffy stammered, her blond head tilted to one side. “Never my ‘sister’ not really,” she finished evenly.

Dawn looked terrified by her beloved sister’s last statement, and she slowly began to back up to the front door. She ran right into Tara, who had finally caught up with her.

“Oh, Tara,” Dawn whined, tears sliding down her cheek. “Something’s wrong. Buffy, she’s scaring me; as if she doesn’t even know me and…..”

“Dawn, honey, it’s all right,” Tara murmured in her soft, cool voice. “Let me talk to Buffy, okay? I’ll make this right, I promise. Willow probably pulled Buffy out of a hell dimension and she’s just disoriented right.”

“Hell dimension!” Buffy cried in disbelief. “Is that what you think? I was in some fucking hell dimension!” She stormed over to where the two young women stood, stopping just before Dawn. “God, you’re all so full of yourselves. Selfish!” Buffy roared at Tara, who fell back from the enraged woman.

“I was not in a hell dimension, Tara!” Buffy screamed like a banshee. “I was in Heaven, my own private Heaven and your bitch of a girlfriend took it upon herself to pull me out!”

Buffy glared at Tara, who shrunk back in fear, then turned and lovingly gazed into Dawn’s fearful blue eyes. Poor Dawnie trembled like a leaf and Buffy reached out, slowly, to gently cup the girl’s damp right cheek.

“Where is Will…..Spike, Dawnie?” Buffy asked her in a most soothing tone. “Where is he, Dawn?”

At that moment, three very excited people burst into the Summers’ house. Xander led the way, with Willow and Anya right behind them.

Buffy reared back from the approaching trio; then grasped Dawn and pulled her behind her own back, protectively. The slayer clenched her fists and raised her arms in front of her.

“Don’t come near us!” Buffy screamed at the shocked group in front of her. “I’ll kill everyone of you if you touch either Dawnie or me,” she finished with a rough, guttural growl. “I don’t trust any of you and I never will again,” she hissed protectively.

“Buff, please,” Xander stammered in stunned confusion. “It’s us, your friends. We saved you; pulled you back from hell and…..”

“Jesus! Is everybody here on drugs or something!” Buffy screamed maniacally.

“Xander, I wouldn’t go there if I was you,” Tara warned the visibly upset young man. “It seems that when ‘we’ did the bring back spell, it wasn’t hell that Buffy was trapped in.”

“Bingo,” Buffy hissed as she backed up, pushing Dawn, gently, further from her so called friends.

“How dare you,” Buffy continued with menace. “Who the fuck do you all think you are? What right do any of ‘you’ have to play God and bring me back from anywhere?

“We only wanted you back, with us where you belong,” Willow whimpered; her gray eyes were wide with hurt and anger.

“I don’t belong here anymore,” Buffy hissed, relaxing her stance just a little. “I wasn’t in hell guys,” she continued somewhat sadly, “I don’t know. Maybe I was in Heaven or something. I only know that I was somewhere where I was loved; protected and safe. I was at rest and happy, Willow,” she added sorrowfully. “I was done.”

“Oh, Buffy,” Willow cried mournfully before she threw her hands over her face and began to sob. “I tho…thought that…” the red-head stuttered as tears streamed down her pale cheeks.

“You didn’t think at all, Willow!” Buffy roared in reply. “You were too busy playing all powerful goddess, to think. Weren’t you?” She backed Dawn up further when she saw Xander take another step closer to her.

“Dawn was miserable without you, Buffy,” Willow whimpered. “We all were. Even Spike, he…..”

“Where is Spike?” Buffy snapped abruptly, through narrowed eyes. “I want to see Spike!” She snapped at the others.

“He’s with Giles, finishing off some biker vampires,” Anya offered anxiously.

“He’s been moping around all summer, taking care of Dawn and all.” Xander grumbled. “Trying to ingratiate himself with Dawn and us. I guess his obsession followed you even into the grave and…..” Xander was cut off by Buffy’s loud snarl.

“Of course he took care of Dawn,” Buffy replied with a contemptuous snort. “He promised he would take care of her; my daughter!”

“Daughter!” Willow gasped, her gray eyes full of remorse and confusion. “Oh, Tara,” the girl cried in grief, “Buffy came back all wrong. She’s confused and….”

“Not confused,” Buffy growled as she wrapped her strong arms around Dawn’s shaking body. “I’ve never been so non-confused or clear-thinking in my entire miserable existence in ‘this’ world!”


“Buffy, please,” Willow whined meekly; she stepped a tad too close to the slayer and her child. At least for Buffy’s taste.

“Stay back!” Buffy commanded harshly. “I swear to God, Willow, if you come one step closer…”

“Buffy, dear. I…..” Rupert Giles’ low, soothing voice resonated from the front door of the Summers’ home. “Oh, dear Lord, Buffy,” he choked out; as emotionally confused tears fell down his cheeks.

“Giles,” Buffy whispered reverently as she motioned for her watcher to come to her.

Giles hurried to clasp his slayer in his arms; clinging to her tightly, his head buried into her neck. “Oh, my dear, dear girl. I am so sorry,” Rupert chanted like a mantra. “I told them, all of them, not to do this abomination. Said you were at peace, finally, no matter how much we were hurting,” he choked out in a strangled voice.

“I know,” Buffy whispered lovingly; her free hand stroked the older man’s head, lovingly.

“It’s all right, Giles,” Buffy cooed tenderly. “But, where’s Spike,” she asked the trembling man in her arms. “I need to see him,” she explained quietly. “Please, tell me where Spike is.”

“He stayed, at the battle scene,” Giles explained quickly. His blue eyes were wide and child-like, as if the girl in front of him was some kind of a vision or his imagination.

“Spike told me to come back here; he said that I was needed here. Said he’d be along soon, Buffy. He’s all right, you know, really. Shocked me, really; all summer and such. Took care of Dawn and…..” Giles trailed off and began to weep, uncontrollably.

“I know he did,” Buffy murmured in an unusually hushed voice. “But, he would, now wouldn’t he? After all, Dawn belongs to me and Spike; she is our child. You know that, now, don’t you?”

Giles looked completely shocked, for a moment or two, then sighed deeply and shook his head.

‘Is he grayer then he used to be,’ Buffy asked herself for some reason. ‘He’s aged so,’ she realized when she took a really good look at the man who was her surrogate father.

“I’d hoped that perhaps you weren’t really ‘gone’ at all,” Giles mumbled guiltily. “Thought maybe you’d gone to a better place, not Heaven really, but maybe…..”


“What the fuck is going on here!” Xander screeched, unable to hold his tongue any longer. “Dawn is Buffy’s sister, not her kid and Spike? What the fuck does Spike have to do with anything?”

“Everything!” Buffy growled at Xander, who also shrank back from her. “Spike has everything to do with this,” she spat angrily at the group she once thought of as friends of hers.

Spike rushed down Revello Drive, to his slayer’s house. The battle was won, with the biker vampires at least. He had hated sending poor Glinda after Dawn, but God knows, the others never would have made it if he’d abandoned them to the mercy (or lack thereof) of the bikers.

‘Lights are on,’ Spike assured himself in relief when he saw the brightly lit house at 1630 Revello Drive. Spike sauntered up the front pathway to the house he had come to feel was his own. Even if the ‘others’ did not accept him, not really? He felt at home here; the place his Buffy had grown up and….

When he hit the first step of the front porch, Spike knew something was different. At least different then it had been in the last three months or more. There was a scent in the air; one he recognized in his heart, soul and his mind. A scent; ‘her’ scent that had never really dissipated from this hallowed place. Ever since Buffy had died; some months before. ‘She’ was here; his love; his salvation and his light.

“Elizabeth,” Spike murmured reverently as he stumbled up to the front door. “Buffy…..Lizzy,” he cried in joyful disbelief.

Suddenly, all of the last one-hundred and twenty years seemed to fall away like crumbling rock. As if the horrific, evil things Spike had done in those years had completely disappeared and he was absolved from all of them. Everything else in the world was a miniscule nothing compared to this momentous moment in time when he, William Hampton, had found his soul mate again.

‘She’ was here; his light and salvation; his Elizabeth. No matter what name she went by, or what century they found each other in? Spike knew, in his missing soul, that they would be together again. His wife; his soul mate was back and soon Spike would hold her in his arms; as the human he had been and still somewhat was would. William’s joyous voice cried deep inside Spike, even as his demon screamed to claim what was his.

Spike, after all of the years of loneliness and aching misery, had finally found ‘her’ the one person he’d searched for, endlessly. For an eternity he would have searched (it had seemed like an eternity to him) and now he had found her.

With slow, deliberate steps, Spike walked into the open front door of the Summers’ home. His unbeating heart suddenly felt like it was once again beating. He ignored the shocked, hateful glares of the whelp, Xander and his demon bitch. The red-haired witch looked as if she was going to throw up, but her girl, Glinda gave Spike a warm, understanding smile.

Even old Rupert smiled at the vampire, almost fucking affectionately. This confused Spike, momentarily, but he ignored all the others. Everyone except Elizabeth that is. She stood before him in all of her golden glory.

“Elizabeth,” Spike/William murmured as he held out his arms to the woman he’d thought he had lost over a hundred years ago. His own eyes could not believe the angelic sight before him; his Heaven on earth was here, finally, back with him and where she belonged.

“Will,” Buffy/Elizabeth whispered as she held out her own arms to him.

The vampire and newly arisen slayer began to move towards each other, slowly. It was if time had been suspended and nothing had changed in the last one-hundred and twenty years.

Buffy hesitated, for just a fraction of a second before she threw herself into her love’s arms. After all, this act in itself should have been the easiest, most natural act she could perform.

Spike clutched his ‘mate’ in his strong arms; unable to hold back the tears of joy that streamed down his pale cheeks. He had survived, for over a century, just to arrive at this moment in his after life.

“Elizabeth,” Spike murmured hoarsely, the emotion in his voice sent a shiver of familiar pleasure through Buffy’s bone-chilled body. “Sweetling, you’re all wet and cold,” Spike mumbled as he gazed into those beloved green eyes he had missed so.

“Doesn’t matter,” Buffy whispered lovingly in his ear, “you’re here, with me; with our daughter. Nothing could ever…..”

“Oh, Princess,” Spike rasped as he broke down and began to sob in earnest. “I’ve missed you so much; searched for you, for over a century of time. I love you,” he finished in a most reverent tone.

“I love you,” Buffy replied sincerely. Her damp face lit up when William kissed her mouth, somewhat chastely for her taste, but oh well.


“What the fuck is going on here!” Xander bellowed from behind the reunited slayer and her vampire. “Giles, do something about this!” He ordered the watcher, who seemed mesmerized by his slayer and her love’s interactions with each other.

“I think I might be able to explain,” Rupert Giles stammered hesitantly. “I think…..”

“You think!” Xander roared at the poor befuddled older man. “Quit thinking and start staking! This fucking demon has his clammy hands all over ‘our’ Buffy!”

Xander took a step closer to Spike and Buffy, but Tara grabbed his arm and held him fast. The blond witch shook her head and pointed at the happy couple.

“No, Xander,” Tara murmured gently, “look at them. They belong together; to each other,” she admonished the stunned Xander. “No one can come between them; not anymore,” Tara added wisely.

“Mine,” Spike whispered hoarsely as he nuzzled his cool lips into Buffy’s equally cool neck. He licked her sleek neck then nipped at the flesh, possessively.

“Always,” Buffy replied; she buried her mouth into Spike’s pale neck and kissed him lightly.

“Mine,” Buffy murmured in a muffled voice.

“Always,” Spike replied huskily, “even in my after life.”


“I think we should go now,” Giles suggested evenly. “I’ll try to explain what I ‘think’ is going on here,” he added quickly.

“You can’t be serious!” Xander gasped (like a girl!) when Giles stated his intention.

“I assure you, Harris,” Giles began, his blue eyes narrowed into slits. “I am more then serious, young man. Now get your bloody arse out of this house and we’ll all go to my place. God knows, I need a scotch!”

“Oh for God’s sake, Harris,” Anya hissed, “get over this Buffy obsession and get your ass in gear! Look at them,” the ex-vengence demon ordered her boyfriend. “They belong to each other, like Tara said. It’s time for you and Willow over there to ‘but out’ of Buffy’s life.”

Everyone except Spike, Buffy and Dawn left the Summers’ home. Some a little more reluctantly then others, but they left all the same.

“I can’t even begin to explain this,” Buffy whispered to Dawn who looked as if it was Christmas all over again. The teen walked up to Spike and Buffy and wrapped her arms about the both of them.

“You will,” Dawn murmured in reply. “I’m sure you and Dad here will explain everything, just beautifully to me.”

Buffy embraced her daughter and husband to her, all horrid memories of where she had woken up at disappeared. The minute she had her family back in her arms again, Buffy knew she was truly home. Maybe for the first time in her entire existence.

“You’re not my sister, you know that, right?” Buffy finally took a breath and asked Dawn.

“I ‘think’ I know,” Dawn replied with a nod. “I’m your daughter, right? Spike, or William, is my father and you’re my mother?” There was such a bright look of hope in Dawn’s blue eyes and Buffy’s heart just melted.

“Yes,” Buffy murmured softly. “I guess the Powers That Be decided to cut me a break; for once. They brought me back together with the people I truly love; my family.”

“I’ve searched for your mother, and you for over a century,” Spike spoke quietly. “I knew I’d find you again; it just took so damned long and…..”

“It’s all right now,” Buffy shushed him by tenderly placing her finger on his lips.

“We’re together, finally,” she continued tearfully. “Nothing can ever tear us apart again.”

“We’re family,” Dawn added with a sigh of contentment.

“Nothing can ever tear us apart again,” William echoed his wife’s words.

‘Never Tear Us Apart’ (INXS)


“Don’t ask me
What you know is true
Don’t have to tell you
I love your precious heart

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I’d make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
‘Cause we all have wings’
But some of us don’t know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart”


{If you love someone strong enough and want something bad enough? Then how could anyone tear you away from them?}




A/N: I hope that the readers here understand where I was going with this. I never felt that anyone could be pulled out of Heaven, therefore, I always thought that Buffy was in an alternate universe