Chapter 15: Overtime

“This is from last year!” her lips pursed making a perfect ‘o’.

He reflexively released his grip and sat back on his heels.

“Yeah well- m’ da’s a teacher, so was m’ mum for that matter… so it’s not like I ‘ave much of a choice in it.” A hand began to nervously rub the nape of his neck, releasing tiny curls from their bond as the words tumbled out.

“You make it sound like you committed murder one. This is a good Spike- you don’t have to make excuses.” She eyed the document more precisely.

“Wasn’t! Just…you know… oh bugger this.” Spike snatched the report card back shoving it into the box hurriedly.

“Have you started to apply to colleges cause with grades like those you…”

“Playin’ guidance counsellor now are we?” He scoffed, trying to brush over the subject.

“No! And don’t do that- don’t act like this isn’t important!” Buffy had no clue why she was becoming angry.

“So I can add, subtract, and remember when the bloody war of 1812 was, not exactly rocket science there pet.”

“Oh yeah… cause Advanced Calculus and Honours English just cover the basics, my mistake!” She was seething with fury now.

“What’s it to you!” Spike was confused by their sudden rage but being easily baited he didn’t hold back.

“Oh I don’t know, maybe I CARE about YOU… didn’t you say that to me ONCE!”

“YEAH I DID!” He rose up onto his knees. “So WHAT… YOU sayin’ you FEEL the same way!” He roared.

“DUH!” She rose up to meet his position. “Boy are you BLIND!”

His needy arms struck out seizing her with a bruising force ripping her towards his burning torso. Their lips crashed together, tongues instantly duelling for sexual dominance.

Buffy’s eyes rolled back, ecstasy undulating through her, searing her tingling core. She was lost to his touch, nails racking over his flesh, desperately seeking more of him.

Spike howled deep inside, the rage and desire together morphing into a predatory need, animal desire. He thrust forward, knocking her backwards, never breaking contact; he devoured her as they landed.

Buffy moaned, low and womanly as her head hit his pillow. Her body bucked, acting without her- it ground hard into his engorged sex.

Spike let out a true howl as her heated centre smacked at his imprisoned shaft. Bringing her firm against him as his arms possessively confiscated all they could find.

Their mouths broke apart, deep hungry breaths filling the room. Their eyes met and the emotional peek shattered, they didn’t move, just panted.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you.” Spike’s hoarse whisper was the first sound to break their synchronised gasps. It being the only thing he could think of at that moment.

They breathed together.

“I’m sorry I got mad.” Buffy returned his deep whisper, never attempting to stir their intimate embrace.

They breathed together.

“Spike?” She had regained her vocality and breath.

He rolled them onto their sides; his dominate position suddenly feeling indecent.

“Yeah luv?”

“When I saw your report card…” Buffy contemplated the right words, feeling a need to explain the intense course of events.

He stroked her face with his exposed hand causing a shiver of left over desire to shoot through them both.

“When I saw it…” She began again. “It- it made me think about college… which led to girly thoughts about the future, and, it being the first time I’ve thought about the future- with you… I just… it’s stupid believe me I know… I didn’t mean to get mad.” She muttered through her admission.

Spike’s eyes widened slightly at the realisation of what she had said.

“You got brassed ‘cause you thought I was brushin’ off our future?” He couldn’t help the words falling over his lips.

“No! Yes, I told you it was stupid.” She turned away from him, embarrassed at her completely female reaction.

He cupped her face, gently forcing eye contact.

“Why didn’t you just say so?” He smirked. “Not that I minded the outcome.”

“I didn’t even realise what was making me so mad at first, and then you had to go all hostile and then ‘pow’ before I knew it, it was a fight fest.” She pouted lightly.

“So kitten, what exactly did our future entail?” A cocky smirk took over his expression.

“Hey, I didn’t exactly see his and hers towels or anything… I just… got psyched about the idea of going off the college with a boyfriend I guess.” Her voice took on a whimsical tone as she spoke.

His smirk transformed into a shining smile.

“So this boyfriend position…” He nuzzled her neck. “You already takin’ applications?”

She giggled at his ministrations and his words.

“Why you interested?” She purred.

“Hell yes!”

“Well there are several other applicants to interview but…”

“Better not be!” He attacked her then, tickling her ribs relentlessly.

“NO! NO! OK! Stop! It’s YOURS! I’m YOURS!” She squirmed and squealed.

“That’s right.” He gathered her up into a soft lingering kiss. “Mine.”

~~

Giles slid the key into the ignition of his Citroen, sighing once when it rumbled to a start. He was exhausted, wanted nothing more then to get home, curl into his warm bed and sleep the rest of the weekend away.

He traversed the familiar path home, mind dancing with images of his fallen wife, the tune to his last song scoring his dream.

His thoughts never once shifted back to his son while he drove in reminiscent silence, he was Jenny’s tonight.

~~

Buffy lay silent in Spike’s arms, staring up into the blackness of the sky. Shimmering stars and a crescent moon lighting their faces.

They had stayed in his room for a while, rummaging further though his box of William. With each snip-it into his former life Buffy fell more and more.

Hours ago they had once again re-located to the roof, now enraptured in one another’s embrace, they basked.

Spike began to hum.

Buffy listened to the unfamiliar tune, letting the slow and soothing tempo seep in.

“You write that?” Buffy whispered into his neck.

“Hmm?” He hadn’t realised he was humming, but immediately took note of the new tune playing in his head. “Guess so.”

“Will you write lyrics?” She only spoke for the sake of speaking. She was so at ease she could have fallen asleep at any moment.

“If you’d like, suppose I could.” Embracing William seemed to not even be an afterthought when he held an accepting Buffy in his arms.

“Does your dad write too?” Again her sleepy thoughts poured from her lips as she snuggled deeper into the crook.

“My da’…” He jolted upright, taking Buffy with him. “Is probably home and you should be too damn-it!”

“What time is it?” Her voice shook.

“Just ‘bout 2 a.m, bloody hell.” He rubbed his face roughly, shaking his head as he stood.

Buffy was too content and tired to have a typical outburst.

“Well look on the bright side, if our parents haven’t come looking for us yet, I think it’s safe to say they don’t know we’re still out.” She accepted the hand he held out, allowing him to pull her to her feet.

“S’pose you’re right kitten… come on, I’ll drive you home.” He silently guided her from the roof and through his dark and slumbering home.

They drove in comfortable stillness, hands entwined.

He killed the engine a few houses down Revello and coasted to a stop near Buffy’s home.

Not wasting a moment he scooped her up into a passionate embrace, mouth pressed firmly with hers, both imploring it to last forever.

They hesitantly detached, shallow breaths echoing softly in each other’s ears.

Buffy leaned in again, capturing his already swollen lips in another sweet kiss.

They broke the connection; forehead-to-forehead they matched breath for breath.

“Mine.” Spike’s whisper was scarcely heard.

“Yours.”

Their lips involuntarily meshed once more in what became a long series of goodbyes.

His eyes remained on her form until it disappeared into safety; they remained on her window until the soft glow of her lamp lit the night.

He pulled away. Driving down the streets of Sunnydale, he once again began to hum. Spike coasted up one avenue and down another, enjoying the feel of the night air and the sound of his rhythmic melody. He only noticed the time was 5am when the pinks and greens of the sunrise began to peek over the hills in the horizon. Finally aiming the Desoto back towards his street, knowing he had just enough time to creep in before his father would ever wake.

~



*A/N: Hope you all enjoyed! And the biggest THANK YOU ever to whomever nominated my fic @ the COH Awards! If you only knew what it means to me! *hugs**