Chapter 19: Rookie

“OH! You… YOU haven’t!” Buffy’s head pounded with the information as she stared stunned.

Spike’s eyes bulged; he scrambled backwards out of the intimate embrace.

“Jesus Christ!” He tucked his arousal away, zipping his pants up in a hurry, cheeks burning. “How the hell… I mean…you… you said…”

“I said I hadn’t…” She paused. “And then you interrupted me!”

“If you didn’t mean…bloody hell! What were you gonna say?”

‘That I hadn’t told you about my past.’ Her minded chimed. ‘But seeing as how we have this to deal with, that can wait.’

“Just that…” She thought quickly. “I- I hadn’t felt this way before.” Buffy sighed; relieved she didn’t have to lie.

Spike’s features softened before his brow furrowed once again.

“So you…” He cleared his throat. “Have.”

‘Not with anyone I cared about.’ The thought sprang forth.

Buffy was engulfed by shame and embarrassment, snapping her head away from his invading gaze.

Spike moved swiftly scooping her up in his arms, holding her as close as possible.

“I didn’t mean anything by it.” He rocked gently. “Doesn’t mean a bloody thing… I have you now, that’s all that matters.”

Tears welled and spilt onto Buffy’s flushed face.

“So you don’t think I’m…”

“Unless the next bloody word out ‘f your mouth is somethin’ ‘bout how bleedin’ wonderful you are I don’t want to hear it.” Still cradling her naked form he placed a soft kiss against her temple.

“I want to tell you.” Buffy barely chocked out the phrase.

“I know luv…I know. But not now.” Without disturbing her, he replaced the contents of the cooler, shifting it off the blanket, to near the guitar.

In one smooth motion he rolled, laying them down onto the cool sand. He pulled the wool around them for warmth and protection from the now biting chill of the sea air.

They cuddled together, seeping into the soft bed beneath them, listening to the ocean and wind dance.

Buffy broke the peaceful silence.

“Spike?”

“Hmmm.?

“Was that…?” She couldn’t help the smile that formed. “You’re first time… you know… before.”

“Bloody hell Buffy!” He cried. “I said I haven’t had sex, not that I’m some ponce, can’t even find his bloody dick!”

She burst into laughter followed immediately by Spike.

“So you’ve…” She struggled to speak through her giddy sobs.

“Been ‘round, yeah.” He wiped the tears from his eyes, trying to still the laughter. “Let’s just say I’ve never had any complaints, right.”

“Spike!” Buffy hit him playfully.

“You asked!”

“Fine!” She retorted. “If you’ve only ‘been around’ as you say, how did you get your stellar reputation?”

“Well, if you please ‘em good and proper, chits don’t really care ‘bout the particulars.” Spike noted Buffy’s look of shock. “Said I never had any complaints luv.” He waggled his eyebrows sticking his tongue out slightly when she belted him.

“Sorry I asked!” She giggled again at his suggestive mannerisms, rolling her eyes.

Spike gently led her head back down to his chest, wanting the quiet warmth back.

She snuggled into his embrace tracing soft kisses over his defined muscles.

“Buffy?” His eyes snapped open as he made his sudden thoughts known.

“What?”

“You didn’t…” He drew in a long breath. “Really think that was… m’ first time did you? Cause a bloke’s ego can only take so much.”

She flipped on top of him in a fluid sweep, straddling his waist. She bent low, lips just separated from his own. She ground down gently, allowing him to feel her still saturated core.

“I think your ego… can stay intact.” She purred seductively.

Spike growled with pent up frustration and desire, thrusting up into her juices.

“Bloody tease!”

A look of actual sympathy crossed her face.

“Sorry!” Buffy pouted, suddenly realising Spike’s ‘situation’ hadn’t been relieved.

“Not to worry kitten… I’m a big boy.” His eyes roamed over her bare breasts, down her taught stomach, then lower… “But you better put your clothes on all the same.” He lifted her off, sitting up as he placed her down beside him.

“Good plan.” Buffy searched their span of beach for her garments, finding them here and there. Gathering them all together before quickly getting dressed.

“There! All better.” She shot him a bright smile.

“Better, yes. But you’re still bloody gorgeous. You’re killin’ me you know that.” He shook his head in disbelief.

“Awwwww! Poor Spikey...” She cooed. “Does it help if I say I’ll make it up to you.”

“No! Jesus girl! Makes it bloody worse!” He growled, snapping her up into his arms and into a fervent kiss.

He held her there, after the kiss ended, staring into her.

“No regrets ‘bout tonight?” Spike’s cerulean oceans screamed with uncertainty, but his deep whisper boded confidence.

“No…but what about you… you’re the one who hasn’t…”

“Look pet, even if I wasn’t over the bloody moon for you, which I am by the way…I’m still a bloke. I have no regrets, got me.”

Buffy nodded faintly.

“I want you to know…” He cleared his throat. “Tonight… it wasn’t just ‘bout sex or… I was, we were… it’s ‘bout us, you and me.”

Her eyes glistened.

“I would have done it right by you… it was going fast and I know I was… but I would have been good to you… been safe and made you…”

“Shhhhhhh.” Buffy’s finger grazed his lips, silencing him. “I know.”

“No regrets.” He repeated.

“None.” She bade a soft peck to his forehead before he set her down.

“But if you think you’re gonna keep teasin’ me the way you do… you got another thing comin’ sweetheart.” Spike pinched Buffy’s behind as she bent over to gather up the blanket.

“Eeeeeep!” She straightened in a snap, eyes widening. “Mr. Giles I’m surpised at you!” She mocked mouth agape.

“No… a surprise is what you’re gonna get if we keep this up kitten!” He growled snatching her possessively.

Buffy stared up at him. Lust filled gazes beaming, burning for more.

“We better go.” Her words were captured by the coastal breeze- hardly heard.

Spike said nothing, just collected their belongings and unhurriedly ushered her to his car. He gestured for her to lie down, head on his lap as they pulled away from the breathtaking stretch of beach.

Buffy slept, curled on the Desoto’s black leather, clutching Spike around the waist.

He glanced down upon her every now and then, head swaying in astonishment.

When he finally stopped, having arrived at Buffy’s, he slid out of the car carefully. Jogging round the other side he plucked her sleeping form from the seat, carrying her to her porch as she stirred.

“Where are we?” Her tired purr made a delicious smile crawl over his lips.

“Home luv.” Spike answered, lowering her feet to the ground.

She whined, rubbing her eyes lazily.

“I want to stay with you.” She pouted groggily.

His heart swelled and jeans tightened at the plea.

“One day, absolutly. But I don’t fancy gettin’ belted by your mum… so not today.” He placed an innocent kiss on her distended lips before helping her into the house.

Spike steered the course of the drive, languidly strolling. He paused before ducking into the Desoto, blew a kiss towards her window, and left.

~~

Buffy immersed herself in the fluffy warmth of her bed, body still humming from the brilliant night. She hid her face in her pillow, breathing deeply, willing it to smell like Spike.

‘Mmmmm, so perfect.’ She thought. ‘Doesn’t even care that I…’ Her thoughts trailed off. ‘Tell him everything and then it’ll be perfect, just perfect. Nothing can ruin it, nothing, so, so perfect.’

Sleep then stole her away.

~~

Spike stretched deeply as he entered his house, stifling a yawn when he noticed a soft glow seeping from the study. Slightly on edge he crept around the corner towards the entrance, sighing when the view struck him.

“Nice one da’.” He murmured softly as he approached his fathers sleeping figure.

Giles was awkwardly fitted onto the chocolaty leather of the sofa. Glasses clinging to a few fingers, dangling off the end, a book opened heavily on his chest.

Spike retrieved the novel and spectacles, placing then on his desk, before returning with a warm throw. He tucked it around his father, taking care to cover all of him.
When he felt he had done a sufficient job he halted, not leaving Rupert’s side.

“I’m sorry I’m such a complete git all the time.” He began, his voice hardly resonating.

“Mum always kept me in check, you know. Knew when to give it to me good.” He sighed.

“I miss her too. And I know you worry, but it’s not as easy as all that. But I think it’s getting’ better.” He scratched his head, tears brimming in his eyes.

“Stupid ponce.” He chastised himself.

“You know da’, it’s bloody easier talkin’ to you when you’re not awake to screw it up.” He let out a minute snort.

Spike rose, leaning over clicking the small table lamp off swiftly. He made his away across the room, turning back just before leaving.

“Love you da’.”

With that he hurried up to his room.

A tear escaped down Giles’ face, rolling over the weathered skin.

“I love you too.”

~



*A/N: SO I know I know, I'm bad! I didn't tell you about Buffy's past yet, but it takes time... and all will be revealed soon. Hope you all liked the chap anyhow. Please Please Please let me know what you thought, review make my fanfic go round.*