Epilogue: Going Pro


The next Fall…


“G’day Gov’na!” Buffy mocked her best Cockney accent as she came strutting out into where Spike was hard at work.

“As cute as you are pet, that sounds bloody awful.” He looked up at her from the boxes he was actually attempting to unpack. “AH!” He shrieked. “Where’d you get that?”

Buffy giggled, looking down at the brightly coloured British Flag t-shirt she was modeling. “This? At the airport… when you were in the loo…” She laughed to herself. “…sick from the fight.”

“First off, I wasn’t sick from the bleedin’ fight, the food was bad. And secondly take that off! You look like some god-awful tourist.”

“I am a tourist.”

“Not when you’re with me you’re not.” He stood, closing the space between them. “If we’re gonna live together kitten, there’s a few things you’re gonna ‘ave to learn.”

“Oh yeah? Like what?” She giggled, purposefully antagonising him.

“Like cheeky little girls who go ‘round dressin’ like parade floats are very very naughty, and ‘ave to be taught a lesson.” He growled seductively, hands roaming over the sides of her torso.

“Yeah? What lesson would that be?” Buffy emphasised each syllable, popping her lips as she spoke.

“Well for starters, this shirt…” Spike paused. “Is coming off!” He began to pull the fabric up, revealing her toned midriff.

She backed up a step and out of his reach. “Nah-uh, not coming off.” She resisted.

“Wanna bet.” With that he pounced.

Buffy squealed with delight as she took off through their new flat, the sound of her feet striking the wood resonating from the floorboards.

Spike gave chase. “Gonna get it now luv!” He bellowed.

“No!” She giggled breathlessly. “We… We… should be unpacking!” She cried between puffs of air.

He cornered her in their room, blocking the only exit. “We should be huh? That why you were helpin’ so much before?” He scoffed.

“Hey I helped!” Buffy pouted. “I made lemonade, and look…” She pointed to their bed. “I made the bed!” She crossed her arms combatively.

Spike glanced over at their new queen-sized bed, then back to Buffy, a wild smirk growing over his lips.

“Oh no you don’t!” Buffy shouted, holding out her arms.

Spike just bit his lip, waggling his brows suggestively, causing Buffy to giggle.

“I said NO!” She continued to giggle as he prowled forward. “I just made it!”

With that Spike attacked, lunging towards her, gathering her into his arms before falling back onto the mattress.

Upon landing Spike brushed the disheveled strands of hair from Buffy’s face, smoothing them out with delicate care.

“Hi.” He purred, looking deep into her eyes.

“Hi.”

“Buffy I…” The ringing of a cell phone cut him off. “Bugger it.” He huffed, rolling away from her.

Buffy wiggled to the edge of the bed, reaching over the nightstand for her cell. “Hello?” A radiant smile blossomed.

“Willow!” She chirped, bouncing on her knees.

“So how’s life at NYU?” She moved towards Spike, pointing to the phone and mouthing ‘Willow’.

He rolled his eyes, nodding his head he mouthed ‘I know’. He settled onto his side, curving his elbow, leaning his head onto his hand he watched the woman he loved adoringly.

“Ohhhh it sounds like a blast! How’s Xand adjusting?” Buffy leaned forward naturally, beginning to run her fingers through Spike’s unruly curls.

He closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of her hand, the sound of her voice.

“London’s great! Well the airport was nice. No… we don’t have registration until tomorrow, some special thing for Oxford Internationals.” Her voice took on a mockingly pompous tone.

Spike opened an eye and raised a brow, shaking his head lightly.

“I think it’s a ball… or maybe a buffet? I don’t know… something fancy and British, I’m sure.” She shrugged.

“Of course. Tell Xand we love him! Love you too Will. Bye!” Buffy ended the call, sighing as she placed the phone back onto the stand.

“What’s up luv?” Spike rose to a sitting position, leaning forwards his fingers dancing over her arms.

“I just can’t believe we’re really here.” Buffy slid down onto her back, stretching out lazily. “No family, no friends… just you and me.” Her mouth crooked to one side.

“Just me and you.” He repeated, lowering himself over her, feathering kisses along her jaw.

“Mmmm-hmmm.” She arched into him, tossing her head to the side, urging him on.

“Now ‘bout that lesson naughty…” Another succession of rings broke their revelry.

“Un-bloody-believable!” Spike cursed.

“That’s yours.” Buffy pushed him up, giggling when he tried to swoop back down. “Go! It could be important.”

“Not bloody likely!” He tried to protest, only to slump in defeat when she pointed towards the door. “Probably just my bleedin’ da’.” He grumbled leaving the room to retrieve the maddening object.

“’ello?” He sauntered back in, letting his body fall back onto the bed with a huff.

“Da’! What a surprise.” He raised his brows, nodding his head knowingly at Buffy.

“Yes we have all the numbers written down. We won’t forget to visit.” His hand went up to rub his eyes.

Buffy settled in beside him.

“Yes we’re ready for registration. No da’ I’m not lying!” He grumbled, hand falling from his face.

“Yeah, almost finished. Right, by almost finished I mean barely started. But we will!”

Buffy giggled, her lips gracing his abdomen with a light kiss.

He groaned into the phone, eyes growing wide after. “What? No da’… I’m just… not feeling too well.” He lied, pointing a finger at Buffy, mouthing ‘STOP’.

She smiled devilishly before returning her attention to his bare chest.

“No it wasn’t the flight!” He growled. “Yeeeees da’. I will.” He tried slapping Buffy away as her tongue darted out, circling his belly button.

“No I’m fine da’! For fuck sake!” He seized Buffy’s tiny hand before it dove under his belt. “Sorry da’.”

Buffy could hear Giles’ voice rise on the other end of the phone.

“Sorry! I Know! No, I’m tellin’ you I’m fine ol’ man! Right…” His mouth curled into a wide smirk. “She’s right here.” He held the phone out and mouthed ‘your turn’.

Buffy eyes swelled to the size of saucers before she took the phone. “Hi Giles!” She chirped, scooting away from an advancing Spike.

“No I think it was something he ate. I will.”

Spike grabbed her shoulders pinning her back onto the mattress.

“Eeep!” She let out a tiny squeak. “Sorry, just… uh… there was a bug!” She swatted at Spike.

“That’s great. I’m looking forward to Christmas tooooo.”

Spike lapped at her neck, worshiping her tender flesh.

“I yawned!” She quickly covered, faking a second one. “It was a looong flight.” Buffy accentuated the word as Spike ground his erection into her.

Buffy kicked up then, knocking him onto the floor with a resounding thud.

His head popped up, scowling.

She held up a finger, mouth forming the word ‘WAIT’.

“Uh-huh, we’re going to see the university counsellors next Monday. Yes we know nine months doesn’t work miracles. No I don’t think asking for help makes me weak. We will. Love you too. Bye.” She tossed the phone down.

“You are so bad! That was your DAD!” Buffy whined, smacking his defined muscles.

“And what? He wasn’t my da’ when I was talkin’ to him?”

Buffy blushed. “I wasn’t nearly as bad as…”

“You were ‘bout to cop a bloody feel! I think that constitutes as fairly bad!”

“You started it.” She pouted.

Spike threw his hands in the air. “It’s like talkin’ to a soddin’ pre-schooler!” He barked, storming out.

Buffy’s face fell. “Spike!” She called, hurrying after him.

As soon as she turned the corner into the living room she yelped, strong arms coming out of nowhere, scooping her up from behind.

He lifted her off the ground as she squirmed, pressing his wet mouth to her ear he whispered.

“Thought I was mad didn’t you?” His hot breath sent shivers down her spin.

He walked her over to the couch, lying her down with ease, immediately engulfing her body with his own.

“Silly…”

“Spike?” Buffy interrupted him, brow creasing.

He cocked his head to the side. “Luv?”

“You don’t regret giving up soccer do you?”

Spike sighed heavily. “Been over this pet. Told you before, I could ‘f gone semi-pro with Gunn, but I wanted to get a degree… with you.”

“I just want to make sure you’re happy, I mean, you’re all I’ve got over here and if…”

“Shhhhhh.” His finger ghosted over her lips, stilling her words. “I chose this…this school… this flat… this life. Our life.” He sucked in a breath. “I chose you.”

Buffy held his intense gaze for a moment, basking in the love that shown there. She then pulled him down hard into a bruising kiss.

He groaned deepening it, tasting savouring her.

They held each other, kissing firm and deep until they had no choice but to breath. Mouths red and swollen they tore apart, panting together.

“I love you William.” Buffy whispered, straining for air.

“I love you Buffy. Love you so much.” He kissed her again. “You’re m’ girl.” He caressed her face between his thumbs. “Mine, mine forever.”

“Yes.” She sighed. “Yours forever.”

~

*FINALE*




A/N: So there you have it! I hope everyone enjoyed my first fic! Please leave a review letting me know what you thought, even if you've never reviewed before, it would really mean a lot. If you like my writing check out my wip Tears in Heaven and watch out for my new fic Puppy Love (coming soon)! A very special thank you to PhotographyNut, Cordykitten, Pet, Lori and Midnite_Holic for always reviewing and encouraging me! And to everyone else who reviewed thank you too! *hugs*