Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello all! Thanks for you guys, who reviewed first chapter. Your opinions and comments really made me smile. Thanks:)
William the Bloody stopped the car in near a quiet gas station. It had been day full of emotions and right now. He was quite hungry and the vampire wanted a "midnight snack". Spike looked at sleeping Dru and slowly, not wanting to wake her got out from the car.


"How can I help you?"


Spike turned around. He noticed some guy standing near the small shop.


"Do you need help with refueling?"


"Well..." Spike started slowly walking towards him, "If you're offering..."


Fifteen minutes later, the vampire was wiping blood from the corner of his
mouth.


*God, I needed that after a whole 20 minutes of Dru's rambling about sunshines, stars, dolls followed by another 15 minutes of singing some stupid song about Santa Claus.*


He loved her, he really did, but sometimes, sometimes he needed just a little break.


Spike left the shadows behind the store, leaving the dead body behind, and headed
towards the DeSoto. He entered the car and started the engine and then turned to Drusilla.


*Bloody hell!!!*


Her seat was empty.


* What's going on?! I should have felt that my sire wasn't in the car. Why didn't I feel anything?"*


Spike got out from his car looking around for any sight of Dru.


*Maybe she was hungry as well and wanted to hunt.* He looked inside the car.


* Well, Miss Edith isn't inside the car so Drusilla isn't hunting. She never takes her favorite doll with her when she's looking for a meal. She's always too afraid that her dolly might accidentally get hurt. So Dru's not hunting. Maybe she wants to play hide-and-seek. With this insane bird everything is possible.*


"Dru?! Where are you pet? Come on! We can play later! Now we need to go!"


Spike searched the parkinglot, game face on, for his unseen girlfriend.


"Drusilla STOP pissing me off and get in the bloody car!!!"


After another minute of looking and shouting Spike was getting nervous; he couldn't find her.


*What if she's not coming back? But where would she go?*


"Spike..."



The vampire turned around with big smile on his beautiful human face.


*She's back*


But his smile disappeared quickly as he saw Drusilla. She was standing in front of him, holding hands with a ... Chaos Demon?!?!


*Maybe I'm hallucinating?*


"Pet, care to ...explain this to me ... ?"


"I found mommy's new toy. Isn't he pretty?"


*Hmm.... Green skin: check. Horns: check. Blue teeth: check. Hump:– check. He sure as hell is not pretty*


"Dru, darling, we don't need him with us. Come on, he stays here and we're leaving" Spike said as he held out his hand to her.


"Tsk, tsk, tsk. My William doesn't understand. Princess told you earlier that your place is with your glowing sunshine. You weren't listening, you bad boy. You're not enough for me anymore. All I see when I look at you is sunshine."


"But..."


"No buts, my darling. I'm staying here with my new bear. He told me we will go to Prague later. Do you remember Prague? Such a lovely place.... With all that fire and flames .... You can leave now William ..."


Spike stood there, not sure what to think.


*Leave her? She can't be saying that. She can't be serious. Maybe it's just a way to get my attention. God, how can she? After all these years of love and devotion she just orders me to leave?! What is she thinking?*


Spike walked up to Dru and her new slimy friend ready to knock her out again.


*DAMN, if I defeated Angelus I can take on anything... I'm gonna fight for our love!"


But when Spike looked his beloved girl in the eyes he knew. She didn't love him anymore. Her eyes were empty. Spike stood silent, not wanting to believe there was nothing. Drusilla didn't love him anymore. All her betrayals couldn't convince him that she felt pretty much nothing for him. He was sure that it was just a joke. But now, one look into her eyes and he just knew.


He looked at her once before getting into his car and leaving her behind.





1630 ROVELLO DRIVE


Joyce was sitting in her dark kitchen, drinking hot chocolate and thinking about all the strange things her daughter told her about few hours earlier: vampires, slayers, watchers, demons. She remembered as well the harsh words she had said to Buffy. Joyce looked at the clock. It was a few hours past midnight and Buffy still wasn't home. She was getting worried.


*She can't think that I was serious about her not coming back. I was just angry. She can't think that I don't want her here, right?*


Joyce was trying to calm herself but it wasn't working. She stood up and slowly went upstairs to her daughter's room. She opened the door, switched
the lights on and went inside.


The whole room was a mess. There were clothes lying on the bed, books on the floor, Buffy's blue piggy bank was broken in the corner. Looking around, she noticed a random piece of paper on the desk. She went closer and took it.


Joyce Summers sat on her daughter's bed. The note fell from her hands.


Buffy was gone.



LIBRARY

Cordelia, Xander, Oz and Willow were sitting on their chairs and Giles was standing next to one of the bookshelves. They all met at the library after a quick visit to the hospital to check Willow and Giles out.


"So what do you think happened?" Willow was the first to say out loud what all of them had been thinking.


"She probably killed him. I mean, we are still alive, so no apocalypse, right?" Cordelia said.


"B-But ... I ... The curse! I think it worked!" Willow, excited, was bouncing in her seat".


"Why, honey? How do you know it worked?" Oz asked.


"That's an excellent question. Thank you, Oz." Giles was curious to see if his young student could perform with success such a complicated ritual.


"Well, it did that glowy thing, and... I just kind of felt it." Willow couldn't explain.


"So if it worked, Buffy is probably somewhere making out with her newly souled vampire boyfriend." Xander couldn't hide the anger in his voice.


"But that's good, right? I mean that... Wasn't that the point? To give him back his soul?" Wilow looked at Xander, not understanding why he was so angry.


"Good? *Good?!* And what then, Willow? After he has his soul back, we're supposed to forgive him? To forget?! Angel killed God knows how many people,
he hurt all of us, he tortured Giles and he killed Mrs Calendar. Sorry if I'm not putting up a "Welcome home- banner!"" Xander shouted the last sentence.


"But it's not about Angel. It's about Buffy. We don't know where is she, maybe we should look for her?"" Willow argued defending her best friend.


"Buffy? Buffy is just glad that her boyfriend is back! Don't you see that all she cares about is Angel?""


"Yes Willow," Giles took off his glasses and started cleaning them, "As much as I love Buffy, I think we should stay away from her for a while. We need time to think about what happened. I'm sure she would
understand that."


"If you say so, Giles."" Wilow agreed but she had just that strange feeling that something wasn't right.



SUNNYDALE GRAVEYARD


Buffy was walking trough the graveyard, her bag hanging on her shoulder. The bag was pretty heavy and she was getting tired. Normally something like that wouldn't be a problem but right now because of her wound, it was quite effort to walk. Buffy was looking for an empty crypt to spend the night.


*God what an irony! The Chosen One sleeping in a crypt.*


The Slayer was so deep in thought that she didn't heard any noise behind her.


"Oh Slayer!"


Buffy turned around and noticed a lonely vamp
leaning on a nearby tree. She was surprised that she hadn't felt any tinglies telling her that a vampire had come close.


"What?" She asked, annoyed.


"This is your last hour." The vampire growled at her.


"Oh, please!" Buffy rolled her eyes. "Do you know how many times I've heard that already? And I'm not in the mood, so just back off and I'll let you live."


The Slayer turned around, wanting nothing more than a good rest. She wasn't prepared when the vampire ignored her speech and kicked her hard in the back. She fell to the muddy ground.


"Wonderful, just wonderful! I don't have money for new clothes and right now I don't have even own a washer, you moron!"


Buffy quickly stood up, preparing for the fight. As soon as she was standing again the vampire attacked. He punched her in her face, but then she kicked him hard in his knee. Three more kicks and he was swaying, obviously very tired.


"Ok, let's finish this."


But when Buffy reached to her pocket for her stake, she found nothing.


*Right, I didn't bring a stake*


She was so distracted by this thought that she was distracted, when the vampire attacked again. He
punched her in her stomach. The Slayer winced in pain.


*His hand probably landed in that wound from Angelous' sword.* Buffy thought, alarmed.


The demon, sensing her weakness, kicked her again in the same spot and she once more fell to the grass.


*Ok, note to herself: never, ever again go to the graveyard without a stake*


The Slayer couldn't see clearly from the pain, her eyes were wet with tears and she didn't have the strength to get up. Lying on the wet grass, Buffy wondered if that was it. Was it her end? Her last hour?


The vampire, seeing how bad the girl's condition was, leaned forward, impatient for slayer's blood. Buffy closed her eyes, mentally giving up and preparing for the pain.


But she never felt sharp fangs in her neck. Suddenly it was just dust flowing around her.


"Huh?"


And then she heard familiar voice.


"Hello cutie."