Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you guys for wonderful reviews. Because of them I decided to update so quickly. So enjoy and then please let me know what do you think about this one, ok?:) Pretty please:P
"Spike? What are you doing here?"


"Well, hello to you too, Slayer. The vampire said with his infamous smirk. "And if you didn't notice, I've just saved your ass, so a–thank you - would be appreciated."


"Yeah, sure. But you're supposed to be gone. That was the most important part of the deal!" Buffy felt very confused. "Anyway, help my get up."


Spike, trying to hide his amusement, held out his hand to her. Buffy, without a moment of hesitation, took it and finally stood up.


"So, Slayer, care to tell me how the big fight ended after I left?"


Buffy sat on the nearest tombstone feeling dizzy. She was afraid that after being at the receiving end of a few kicks from the vampire her wound would reopen. And she wasn't sure how Spike would react when he would smell her blood. But surprisingly, deep, deep inside her heart she was quite sure that he wouldn't kill her…. Not right now, at least…


"Slayer?"


"Huh?" Buffy looked up from the spot on ground she had been staring at to meet the eyes of the vampire.


"You heard what I said?"


"Hum... well, I, –uhm…"


"Right. So, once again…, How did it end? By *IT*, if you still don't understand, I mean your fight with the bloody Poof."


"Oh. If you're as smart as you think you are, you would know that, don't you think? I'm still here, you're still here, the world is still here, …so what's the logical conclusion? I killed him." Buffy answered angrily, trying to focus on anything but her aching stomach.


This time Spike didn't hear what she said. He was focused on the Slayer's décolletage. From where he stood, he could see her black lace bra and smell her intoxicating vanilla scent. The vampire was rather surprised to find that in her scent there was no sign of fear.


He forgot that he asked her about fight, he forgot she was answering him: …all he could think about right now was how beautiful his Slayer looked in the light of the moon.


*Just look at her. All this strength, courage, beauty wrapped in one small package*



"So what were you saying, pet?"


"I said that I killed him". This time Buffy's voice was full of sadness.


When Spike heard her resigned voice, he noticed how bad she looked. The Slayer was obviously tired, her face was dirty, her eyes were red and swollen probably from crying and she had leaves in her hair.


*That wanker is finally where he deserves to be.*


Spike stopped himself from saying this aloud but even with all his self-control he couldn't hide the happiness in his voice n his next comment.


"Well, good for you, luv! I'm very pr..." Spike stopped suddenly.


*Oh God, I just wanted to say that I'm proud of her?! Bloody hell!!! A master vampire telling the Slayer that he's proud of her? This is priceless."


The Slayer didn't notice his slip. Buffy was surprised that she was sitting, in a graveyard having a chat with her mortal enemy. This night was full of surprises. But part of her understood her behavior: she needed someone she could talk to, even if this someone was Spike.


"You don't understand, Spike. I didn't kill Angelus, I killed Angel!"


"So? Same thing for me. Even if the name's in English or in Latin, it's still the same ol' Peaches".


"Angel as in Angelus with a soul". Buffy replied, surprised at how calm her voice was.


"What are you babbling about? It was Angelus, you stupid bint!"


Spike couldn't understand and he was also a little angry that after almost four months of Angelus' return, Buffy had still fallen for his tricks. *Fucking Peaches.*


"Yeah, he was Angelus when you left, but then, then he was just Angel, just my Angel."


Spike looked in her green orbs and knew she was telling the truth. The vampire tried to disregard the sharp pain in his heart at her words –"my Angel...”


"Oh? You mean?" Spike stood shocked: now he understood why she looked like that, why she looked like a broken little girl.


"How?" The vampire wanted to know.


"I don't know. Willow probably did that Gypsy spell, the one cursing him with a soul. She had tried it once…, but this time it worked, you know? He was back." The Slayer sighed and continued. "He was back, all with the trusting and loving, but it was too late, so I did what needed to be done. I …killed him."


Spike sat beside her on the tombstone and looked at her. Seeing fresh tears on her cheeks Spike slowly took her hand in his. When Buffy didn't pull back from him, Spike squeezed her hand lightly, giving his support.


They sat in the silence for a while, each one thinking about how one day changed their whole life. Buffy was surprised that holding hands with Spike would be so comfortable. For the first time since Angel's soul disappeared, she felt safe.


"Come on, pet. I'll walk you home. You need to rest." Spike stood up, knowing at the Slayer was tired and needed to sleep.


"Thank you, but no." Buffy replied politely.


"And you're gonna do what? Sit here mourning your sweetheart? That's not healthy". Spike knew his words were hurting her but this was the only way to force her to something:– make her mad.


"I already said *no*. And what exactly are you doing here? I don't want you here. And where is your girlfriend?"



"That's none of your business and don't try to change the subject!" Spike was bouncing on his feet. "Come on, pet. It's getting late. Think about your nice, warm bed, your mum making you hot chocolate, yo..."


"She threw me out, ok?!" Buffy shouted. "Is that what you wanted to hear? Are you happy now? Poor Buffy doesn't have a home." She was wailing shouting and throwing her arms in the air. "I'm alone!"


Spike stood, speechless. He didn't know what to say.


"So that's the reason you're here with your bag". The vampire had noticed the bag earlier but had thought that she had weapons or something like that. "But pet, I'm sure there are better places to...”


"Spike! I've got no one!!" Buffy again cut him off. "I'm alone. My Watcher doesn't trust me, my friends don't want to be near me anymore, and they are probably worried about their life. And I don't even have enough money for a cheap motel so don''t try to tell me that there is better place to be." Buffy didn't stop pacing nervously and now she was also sobbing.


Spike was confused. He felt pity for the slayer.


*Bloody hell! If that's what you get from fighting for the good ones, thank God I'm evil.*


Before Spike had chance to decide what to do with the crying girl, he smelled fresh slayer's blood.


*What the hell?!*


Buffy felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She realized that with all this walking around and crying, her wound had started to bleed again. Buffy tried steadying herself, but the pain was too much for her. She fainted.


Spike noticed her movement and with his vampire speed, he caught Buffy before she fell.


William the Bloody stood there, his arms filled with an unconscious, bleeding Slayer.


Spike looked at her pale face, wondering what to do. Even tired, with blood on her clothes and messed hair she looked like a golden princess to him. Spike smiled tenderly.





Someone told me
Love would all save us
But, how can that be
Look what love gave us
A world full of killing
And blood spilling
That world never came

And they say
That a hero could save us
I'm gonna stand here and wait
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away

Now that the world isn't ending
It's love that I'm sending to you
It isn't the love of a hero
And that's why I fear it won't do




Spike looked again at the beautiful girl in his arms, took her abandoned bag from grass and they disappeared in the darkness.




That a hero could save us
I'm gonna stand here and wait
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away

And they're watching us
They're watching us
As we all fly away