Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello all! Next chapter is up! Thanks for reviews from the chapter 3:) I had a very bad day, but they made it a lot better,so thanks again:)
Spike entered the old factory where he had left his DeSoto. This place reminded him of his dark princess. He returned to Sunnydale not because of Dru's words but because the town contained the last happy memories he had of their time together. He wanted to be in place where he could think about his wicked plump and simply get drunk.


Spike went out looking for some shop with liquor he could rob and what he found instead? Bloody Slayer.


When he had seen her fighting a minion, he had wanted nothing more than to get some popcorn, a comfy chair and a good view to observe them. But then she started loosing, and before Spike could think twice, he had dusted the vampire who was only seconds from sinking his fangs in the Slayer's neck.


While it was obvious that Buffy was confused, no one was more surprised with his actions than Spike himself. Before he knew it, he had started talking to her like some sodding friend and now, here he was, an unconscious Slayer in his arms, still without any alcohol.


Lack of liquor was pissing him off but whole situation had some advantages. Spike looked at small girl in his arms, and laid her gently on the back seat of his car.


*Why am I so gentle with her? It's the Slayer for God's sake! Gahhh! It's just probably because I used to hold Dru in my arms, all sick and hurt. And my mind thinks about that even if I have someone else in my arms? Yeah. It's all Dru's fault.*


He looked at Buffy, laying motionlessly in the back seat and frowned slightly when he smelled her powerful blood in the air. Spike left her tucked safely in the DeSoto and went to search in the Mansion's rooms for something to clean her cuts. He was slightly surprised when he found, in one of the smaller rooms, a first aid kit.


Spike went back to the Slayer and started checking her for injuries. He dressed the small cuts on her arms and one on her cheek.


*But they weren't bleeding, so there must be something else.*


Spike carefully lifted her t-shirt and immediately noticed an ugly-looking wound on her abdomen. His demon was drooling at this sight. He looked at Buffy's face, making sure that she was still out, before leaning slowly toward her stomach. His tongue touched lightly one drop of blood. After his first taste Spike started licking her with enthusiasm. Her rich, delicious blood filled his mouth. He was lost.


*Oh fuck... she's delicious. She tastes like ambrosia, pure ambrosia..... Ohhhhhhhhh...... Like heaven.*


Spike was moaning, trying at the same time to do something with the very painful hard-on in his pants.


*If she wakes up now, I sure as hell would be just dust on the wind, truce or no truce.*


But he wanted to wake the Slayer. Spike wanted to wake her, fuck her hard against the door of his old car and drink her till there was nothing left, but at the same time he was careful to stay in his human mask, not wanting to hurt her more than she already was.


Struggling with his self-control Spike pulled back from the wound. He noticed that that his action had closed the wound.


*Heh, heh, thanks to vampire's saliva.*


Spike turned around and took small bandage from the first aid kit. He knelt in front of the Slayer and slowly wrapped it around her midsection. After he finished his task, he sat besides her body and started thinking.


*Now what? Maybe I should find Dru, give her the Slayer as a present. Would she take me back? If she did, things could go back to the way they used to be.*


But Spike wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to go back to his Dark Princess. He knew Dru didn't love him. Sure, there were emotions between them that could be taken as love, but now he realized that her love towards him was not the same as his: she loved him as a Childe and he loved her as a Mate. Knowing it was hurting him so fucking much.


The demon wanted to go to Dru and beg for her forgiveness and for a lil' bit of attention, but his human side didn't want to be second best anymore. He didn't want to be humiliated anymore. The human in him didn't even want to consider giving this golden girl to his crazy ex.


*God, I'm tired of all this thinking. I'm changing into Peaches with all this brooding*


Spike stood up, lifted the Slayer and laid her in the front seat; the seat that only few hours ago was occupied by Drusilla.


Spike sat in the driver's seat and started the engine.


*We're leaving this sodding place.*


Two hours later Buffy was still unconscious and Spike was getting worried. With one hand on the steering wheel driving and the second on the Slayer's neck he checked her pulse. It was strong and steady. Why wasn't she waking up?


*It's not like I care about the stupid bint. And I'm not worried. I'm just bored. Yeah, I'm bored and I want to annoy her some more. That's the reason. I'm bored*


Happy to justify his actions to himself, Spike forgot about his hand on Buffy's neck. He moved hand from her neck to her hair and started stroking tenderly her blond hair, her soft then her warm cheeks. The vampire noticed how beautiful and soft her hair was. He remembered how it had bounced around her head when he first saw her, dancing in the Bronze.


*All glowing and shining she looked almost like a "beam of " sunshine*


And then it hit him.


*Huh? She's the sunshine?! But??I don't understand.? That what Drusilla was rambling was about?! About the Slayer? Great, just bloody great. So it's all the Slayer's fault!*


But when Spike looked at Buffy with angry sparks in his blue eyes, he remembered what had happened to her. How she was abandoned by her family and her friends. How devastated she was. How her body trembled when she was crying in front of her mortal enemy in the middle of the dark graveyard.


It reminded Spike of something. It reminded him of someone who he tried to forget his whole unlife.






*FLASH*

"Careful. The ink's still wet. Please, it's not finished." Spike was trying to take back his poem from one of the aristocrats.


"Don't be shy. 'My heart expands/'tis grown a bulge in it/inspired by your beauty, effulgent.'" The man who was holding his poem read it out loud and proceeded to laugh. "Effulgent?"


Everyone laughed, mocking William. Uncomfortable, Cecily glanced at him and walked off. Spike gave the young man a sour look, snatched back his poem, and followed her.


"Have you heard? They call him 'William the Bloody' because of his bloody awful poetry!" The whole crowd chuckled ironically.


"It suits him. I'd rather have a railroad spike through my head than listen to that awful stuff!"


#################################################################



Spike approached Cecily, who was sitting on a sofa, away from the main party, and looking out the window.


"Cecily?" Spike asked dark girl sitting alone on the couch.


She turned and sighed when she saw him.


"Oh. Leave me alone." Cecily replied, annoyed.


After a few minutes of silence she turned her head from the window and asked:


"I'm going to ask you a very personal question and I demand an honest answer. Do you understand?"


Spike nodded.


"Your poetry, it's... they're... not written about me, are they?"


"They're about how I feel." Spike replied looking nervous.


"Yes, but are they about me?" The young girl asked.


"Every syllable." Spike nodded proudly.


"Oh, God." Cecily was visibly disgusted.


"Oh, I know... it's sudden and... please, if they're no good, they're only words but... the feeling behind them... I love you, Cecily. I know I'm a bad poet but I'm a good man and all I ask is that... that you try to see me-"


"I do see you. That's the problem. You're nothing to me, William. You're beneath me." She turned her head from him, stood up and walked off, leaving boy devastated and alone.

########################################################################



Spike was sitting in his living room, talking with his turned mother.


"First, we'll feast. Then the night is yours. Theater, perhaps. Dancing? Tell me" He touched lightly her back "What's your pleasure?"


His mother turned her head to him with a sardonic smile.


"Pleasure? To take my leave of you, of course. The lark hath spake from twixt its wee beak? You honestly thought I could bear an eternity listening to that twaddle? I feel extraordinary. It's as though I've been given new eyes. I see everything. Understand everything."


"Mother..."Spike tried to touched her cheek but she turned her head away


"I hate to be cruel.? No, I don't. I used to hate to be cruel in life. Now, I find it rather freeing. Nothing less will pry your greedy little fingers off my apron strings, will it?"


"Stop. Please."


"Ever since the day you first slithered from me like a parasite." The woman stood up from the couch, "God, I prayed you'd find a woman to release me" She looked at him with cruelty in her eyes, "but you scarcely showed an interest. Who could compare to your doddering housebound mum? A captive audience for your witless prattle. You want to run, don't you? Scamper off and cry to your new little trollop. Do you think you'll be able to love her? Think you'll be able to touch her without feeling me?"


William also stood up, he's looking around, panicked and disgusted about whole situation.
"All you ever wanted was to be back inside." His mother smiled to him cruelty


"I only wanted to make you well." Spike shook his head.


"Get out. Get out!" His mother tried to swing her cane at Spike, they stated struggling. After fight and another painful words Spike staked his mother.



*END OF THE FLASH*



Back then, he had been as alone as she now was.



Angel had broken her heart, just like Cecily had broken his so long ago.



Her mother threw her out and hurt her just as much as his own mother had.



The Slayer reminded him about his own self, about William.