Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello all! Firstly THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for reviews. I love them. Secondly I've got four big, scary examsso it's probably the last update in 2, 3 weeks. But if I'm gonna have a little fre time and you will want very much to know what happenens next, I'll update. So please read and then write what you think:)
Buffy felt a hand touching her cheek. It felt cold , but pleasant. Her first reaction was to think is was *Angel* but then the whole nightmare returned to her.


It couldn't be Angel.


She then realized that someone with an accented voice was talking softly.



*Hey! Wait a minute! A voice with an accent? God, I knew only two person with an accent and I've got bad feeling that this voice doesn't belong to Giles*


On the other hand Buffy wasn't so sure anymore who she wanted to see more when she opened her eyes.


*Hmm…... Am I actually wondering if I would prefer to see my mortal enemy, who tried to kill me hundreds of times, than my Watcher? How sick is that?*


Buffy fought with her heavy eyelids. She felt like they weighed pounds. After few minutes of stirring, the Slayer slowly opened her eyes.


Spike had felt her heart rate increase and had quickly removed his hand from her cheek. After a minute, hoping she didn't notice where his hand was Spike looked into her direction and met two slightly glazed hazel orbs.


"Hello pet. Welcome back in the world of the living."


"Uhm, hi? Where am I?" Buffy tried sit up but she stopped by a sharp pain in her abdomen.


"Easy there Slayer. You've got quite a bad wound. I bandaged and cleaned it, so by tomorrow it should be healed."


"Thanks, I guess". Buffy replied without thinking twice. When she lifted her shirt and bared her middle, it occurred to her that Spike had had to bare it too. That was a little disturbing.


"So where am I? And why am I here? And why are we here, together? And..." Buffy was rambling nervously, trying to forget the thought of his hands on her bare skin. This whole situation was seriously wigging her out.


"Ok, slow down, luv." Spike smiled, amused by her rambling "First,– you're in my car which you probably noticed by now. Second, you are here because I took you. Third, we're here together because I was bored and needed company."


Spike's cheery voice was angering Buffy.


*God, he's in a car with the Slayer, why is he so happy?!* Buffy didn't understand the unique vampire.


"Who exactly gave you permission to *take* me, huh, Spike? I swear to God, touch me once again and you're dust."" Buffy's earlier politeness was gone and she was back in her Slayer-bitch mode.


"You know what Slayer?" Spike's tone was calm but by his clenched jaw and by the rapid movement of his Adam's apple, Buffy could tell he was angry. "Sorry for not wanting to leave an unconscious, bleeding Slayer, in the fucking graveyard!"


The car fell in awkward silence.


"Maybe you should have." Buffy whispered so quietly that Spike only heard her because of his enhanced hearing.



"Brilliant. Not only do I have the Slayer in my car, but I have a depressed Slayer in my car." Spike commented.


"Oh, shut up Spike. You don't know what you are talking about."


Spike didn't reply her and concentrated on driving. He turned down the volume of the radio. Today, unusually, the music he listened to was annoying him.


Buffy looked at him and fiddled with the radio finding some Britney Spears song.



I think I did it again
I made you believe we're more than just friends
Oh baby
It might seem like a crush
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious
'Cause to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Oh baby, baby



*Yeah. This'll do* Buffy thought * I''m in the mood for some sentimental light, silly songs.


Oops!... I did it again
I played with your heart
Got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm in love
That I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent



Spike looked at her with disbelief in his eyes and turned the radio down. Sure, he was unhappy; there was no other word to describe his mood. But his mood wasn’t THAT bad that he could listen Britney Spears *oopsies*.


Buffy waited a minute before turning up the volume again. Spike didn't react so she turned her face to the window and closed her eyes.



You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
Wishing that heroes
They truly exist
I cry, watching the days
Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Baby, oh



Just as she closed her eyes, Spike turned the radio off.


"Gah!!! Stop acting like a 5 year old child! For God's sake, you are over a hundred!" Buffy started yelling at vampire.


"Exactly. I'm very mature person so I'm not gonna listen that shit in my car Spike shouted to her.


"You're sooo immature a kid."


"A'm not."


"Are too."


"Bitch."


"Jerk."


"Slayer."


"Vampire."


Spike turned to her, ready to insult her more.


Buffy's eyes were shining with tears.


"Ohh! You're kidding, right? You're gonna cry because I don't want to listen Britney Spears?!" Spike couldn't believe his eyes. The bravest and the strongest Slayer he had ever met was crying because of a song!


Spike frowned lightly, sighed and replied.


"Ok, Slayer. Only this once time. If you tell anyone, I repeat, anyone, I'll kill you. Slowly and very painfully. Get that?"


"Yep!" Buffy said cheerfully and once again turned up the sound to listen to the song. Her mood was immediately better.


Oops!... I did it again
I played with your heart
Got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm in love
That I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent



She relaxed in her seat and closed her eyes when the song ended.


"Slayer?"


*God, will he ever stop talking?*


"What, Spike?"


"At the graveyard, when you were fighting with that vampire, when I found you. Were you trying to, ehm, you know?"


Spike was surprised that the thought of her having a death wish was bothering him so much.


"Get myself killed?" Buffy answered with shaking voice.


"Yeah."


She didn't answer immediately, so Spike thought that maybe she fallen asleep again.


"I don't know." Spike was shocked to actually hear her admitting a weakness to him. He knew that she probably was going though a very hard time right now, but her words, hearing her saying this... … Well, was a shocking experience.


"Pet, it's not worth it, he’s not worth it." Spike pitied her. He remembered when he also had had a death wish, many years ago. That wish caused him to die and in Dru's arms he discovered life again, as a vampire.


"Spike, please. I don't want to talk about it right now."


Buffy knew what her new company of a vampire meant by *HIM*. His words brought on a new wave of guilt. It was still too painful to even think about Angel. When Buffy tried to remember their happy memories, all she could see was the look of betrayal in his eyes when she had plunged the sword trough his body.


The Slayer shook herself, trying not to fall into pieces and trying to forget, even for a little while, about the painful events.


"Ok. Spike, it's my turn to ask questions."


"Slayer..." Spike said in warning tone.


"Where is Drusilla? I remember that you took her from factory. So?"


"So what?"


"Where is she?"


"None of your business." Spike almost growled.


"You know you want tell me."


"No, I don't."


"Yes, you do."


"Slayer, you're bloody impossible. I have no idea how Peaches could stand you for so long." Spike sighed tiredly. "Drusilla left me."


Buffy looked surprised. She hadn't expecting that.


"She did what?"


"My princess left me. We were on the road for 2 hours, when I stopped for... "Spike stopped himself right in time. After all, the girl was still the Slayer. "When we stopped for a little break. I left her in the car, alone. When I get back she wasn't there. I found her with her new toy, a– Chaos Demon! Can you believe that?! A Chaos Demon better than me? Pff! My love wasn't enough for her. Bloody hell! I made a truce with a Slayer for her! God, I'm a bloody fool."


Buffy sat still during his outburst.


"Uhmm…”


"What the fuck do you mean by 'uhmm...', Slayer?! I'm pouring my heart to you, you stupid bint! And all you can say is uhmm?!"


"Well, I knew from the beginning that she was a bitch!"


"She's not a bitch! Watch your mouth, pet!"


"God, I don't understand you." Buffy threw her arms in the air. "She used you, cheated on you, left you and you're still defending her. What's wrong with you Spike? What is in her that you want her so much?"


A few months back, Buffy wouldn't have admitted that demons were capable of love, however seeing how much Spike cared for his sire made her change her mind.


Spike didn't know how to answer that question. He had never analyzed why he loved Dru so much. It was just there. She was his entire world.


Buffy sighed tiredly, knowing that he probably wouldn't answer her.


"Ok. Let's drop the subject of our exes.


"Dru is not my ex!" Spike started protesting. Buffy only raised one blonde eyebrow.


"Maybe she is." Spike murmured, defeated.


Buffy giggled, amused.


"What now, pet?"


"I don't know if you noticed, but we just agreed on something."


"Uhm, yeah, that Dru is my ex"."


"Maybe it's a start of beautiful friendship?" Buffy asked seriously.


They looked at each other and simultaneously burst out in hysterical laughter.


"Yeah, Right." Spike chuckled.


Neither of them suspected how true her words would become."