Thanks to cordykitten, PhotographyNut, SarahandJamesFanatic, ~*~Tasha~*~ and Lynda. Thank you guys for yout time.





Spike grimaced, wincing in his seat. He had been driving for a couple of hours; he was getting tired and his butt was starting to hurt from sitting in one position for such a long time. They needed to stop soon.


*Maybe Blondie here can drive.* Spike thought and poked the sleeping girl on the arm.


"Wakey, wakey Slayer." he sing-songed.


She stirred lightly but didn't open her eyes.


Spike shook his head in disbelief that a Slayer could sleep so soundly beside someone who should be her mortal enemy.


*Well, this Slayer is, for sure, a strange one.*


“Wake up” Spike poked her again with more force then he had previously used.")


"Don't wanna." Buffy murmured sleepily.



"Wake up you, bloody bitch!" Spike shouted, losing his temper. If he wasn't sleeping, then she should not be allowed to do.


Buffy woke up, startled, and looked around her frantically. When she noticed that source of the noise was Spike she rolled her eyes.


"What do you want?" The girl almost growled, angry at being awakened.


"I wanted to wake you up."


"Gee, you didn't need to scream." Buffy replied, hitting him on his right arm. "What's the problem?"


"Ow, there is no need to hurt me. It's not my fault you wouldn't wake up. You know, I bet you wouldn't wake
up even if someone was killing you." Spike said, rubbing his arm where the Slayer had hit him.


"Oh, I so would!" Buffy couldn't stop herself from arguing.


Spike just shrugged, ignoring her.


"Why did you wake me up? Just because you're evil or was there some other reason?" Buffy asked. "Oh! Are we in Seattle already?"


"No, but I need a break. Do you know how to drive?" Spike asked, rubbing tiredly his face.

"A world of *no*."


"Thought so." Spike chuckled.


“Hey! Don't be rude. If you thought so, why bother asking?" Buffy replied, angry with him for making fun of her. It wasn't her fault that cars didn't like her. After all, she was very likable.


"And even if I know knew how to drive, I wouldn't drive this piece scrap."


Spike took few gulps of unneeded air to calm his nerves. *What an annoying bird.*


"I told you already, don't insult my girl here. Next time I'm going to kill you. Since we know that you can't drive we need to stop somewhere. I'm tired and want some sleep."


"Uhm, okay."


"Glad that your highness gave me her approval." The vampire snarled.


"You're welcome." Buffy replied with a big, fake smile. She noticed how angry he was with her comments. Maybe it wasn't the smartest move to make Spike angry especially that it was his car she was right now inside but it was so much fun. She just couldn't stop herself.


Spike just growled in response.


They drove for a few more miles before Spike spotted a motel before them on the left side of the road. The motel was small but the vampire decided it would do.


He turned the car and drove into the driveway. Spike stopped the engine and got out of the car. He started to walk towards Betty's Place, as the motel was called, when he realized that the Slayer wasn't following him."


"And exactly why are you still sitting in the car?" He asked her.


Buffy had an innocent look to her face however her eyes were sparkling with mirth.


"I just thought that you will open the car's door."


Spike threw his arms in the air, cursing under his voice. He opened the door for her and went to the motel


Buffy giggled softly at Spike's annoyance and followed him as he walked towards the motel.


*Yep, annoying Spike is definitely one of my new hobbies.*


They entered together, tussling each other at the door to see who would get in Buffy won with a well placed punch at the vampire's nose. Spike was right behind her, trying to stop nose from bleeding. In front of them was small reception desk with a young man sitting behind it. He greeted them with a smile.


"Hello, how can I help you?"


"We would like a room " Spike began.


"Actually, we want two rooms." Buffy added quickly.


Spike looked at the blushing girl


"Excuse us for a minute." He dragged Buffy by the arm until they were a few meters away.


"Slayer do you have any money?"


"Uhm, no" Buffy suddenly found the old green floor very interesting.


"I'm not gonna spend any of my hard earned money because you want your own room. I'm taking one and if you don't like it, you can sleep in the car." Spike finished.


"Hard earned money?" Buffy looked at him like he was crazy. "You've got to be kidding me."


"So have nice night on the back seat." Spike said and turned towards the desk.


"Okay,okay." Buffy murmured.


"So once more we want one room..." Spike started talking when Buffy cut him off again.

"...with two beds." She hoped he would agree to it because there was no way she would sleep in the same bed as him.


Spike looked at her, smirking. "Of course with two beds this day was bad enough for me."


The boy nodded and started checking something in a large book. After few minutes of reading, he frowned. "It seems that we have a little problem here. We have only one free room left."


"So where is the problem? We're taking it.” Spike said as he threw enough money to cover the cost for one night on the desk.


"But..." The guy tried to protest.


"Listen, you git," Spike caught the front of his shirt. He looked at the small name plate on this chest. "Bob, you see, the two of us. We're very, very tired. We've had hard day and we would like to rest a little even if it
has to be in your ugly motel. So be a good boy and give me these fucking keys!" With last words Spike flashed his game face at the poor man, which caused him to let out womanly squeak. Spike let go of the shirt and Bob immediately gave them keys with plastic number 29 attached to them.


Buffy muttered a quiet apology to the clerk for Spike's behavior before hurrying after Spike, who was already outside and heading towards their room. She caught up with him just as he was climbing the stairs to the second floor.


"Did you have to scare him? If someone that young could have a heat attack, the poor guy sure as hell would have." Buffy glared at her companion disapprovingly.


Spike just smiled at her. "What can I say? I'm evil. It's my *job* to scare the poor, innocent people."


"Yeah, really challenging."


"Oh, shut up Slayer." Spike knew she was probably right. Scaring someone like Bob was not difficult. It was not worth spending his energy. Well, it was almost not worth...


Their bickering had brought them in front of room 29. Without stopping his last comment, Spike opened up the door.


"You know, even if it's easy scaring someone..." His words trailed off as they both froze in the entrance of the room.




There was only one bed.





**********************************************************

So did you enjoy it?

Please let me know what you think and leave a review:)