After the disaster on the first night, Oz remained locked safely in his cage during the remaining time of the full moon. Willow was sobbingly apologetic; a puzzled Tara spent hours pouring over the spell with her in an attempt to figure out what had gone so wrong.

Meanwhile, life was as normal as possible for the Slayer and his sidekicks. Xander and Anya still shared their sex life with everyone nightly; Buffy was glad he’d decided she was ‘alright, but still creepy undead gal’ after the life-savage episode. Wood was helping Buffy improve her fencing skills and reading up on the Order in his spare time.

Spike usually trained in the evenings, where Buffy preferred the mornings. It was about a week after Oz’s wild rampage that Spike sauntered into Buffy’s room. She’d been surprised when he’d asked her to postpone her training ‘til the evening, but she’d melted as soon as he flashed a pleading grin at her.

“So, vampire, you busy?”

“Um, no. What did you have in mind?”

“Was wonderin’ if you felt like sparrin’ with yours truly.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow at him, his lips turning up in a sexy smile as he curled his tongue behind her teeth. She remembered the very agile manoeuvres that particular organ had pulled in her dream, turning away to hide the sudden desire swimming in her eyes.

“Sure. Be there in a minute.”

Spike winked at her, strolling out of her room with the same casual, king-of-the-world stride he seemed to have perfected when wandering around her. As soon as he was out of sight, he grinned. Bingo! She fell for it.

He hurried into the training room, clearing a large space in the middle for them to use. He stripped off his duster and t-shirt, leaving him bare-chested. It was quick work to change into some loose slacks that allowed him freedom. He finished just as she came through the door, turning and smirking when she stopped to ogle his naked upper half. Oh yeah, I’ve still got it.

To his surprise, she didn’t bite her lip and turn away. Swinging her hips, she walked up to him, pressing her gentle curves into his chest as she leaned up. Standing on her toes, she purred right into his ear, her cool breath making him shiver. “Alright, Slayer. Let’s get sweaty.”

Buffy grinned when she heard his heart rate increase, taking up a practiced defensive stance in the middle of the room. She clucked her tongue and shook her head mockingly when he failed to move. He seemed to snap out of the dazed stupor, giving her a sexy grin and waggling his eyebrows.

As they faced off, there was a moment’s pause, their eyes locking. Then they were in motion, neither sure who struck first. They traded blows fluidly, effortlessly ducking and weaving. Spike swept a leg out, tumbling her to the floor. He jumped to follow her, only to find one slender ankle wrapped around his.

Down he went, landing with his hands braced either side of her head. Her legs were splayed, his own resting between them. Grabbing her wrists, he pinned them down with a triumphant smirk. It vanished the next minute as her eyes changed, becoming heavy-lidded with desire as she ground her hips against his.

Forgetting the spar, he groaned and swept in to kiss her, only to find that he was lying on his back staring into space, Buffy retreating laughingly to the other side of the room. He leaped to his feet, the muscles in his chest rippling and drawing her attention before she went to meet him.

A firm punch caught him on the shoulder and he spun, narrowly avoiding her follow-up kick as he backed out of reach. Thinking she had the advantage, she pressed forwards. Spike stepped at the same time she did, a foot again darting out to knock her off her feet, though this time his arm caught her so she was bent back over it in a traditional movie kiss pose.

Grinning, he bent and proceeded to do just that. His lips were demanding against hers as he devoured her mouth, his tongue caressing hers. Hot sweetness raced from his lips to hers, making her moan low in the back of her throat. Realising what they were doing, or more accurately what they weren’t doing, Spike let her go with a smug smile.

When she glared at him, he just shrugged. “Haven’t broken a sweat yet, kitten.”

Buffy growled, regaining her feet with an elegant rush; the effect was ruined somewhat when she shot the Slayer a sultry look, licking her lips suggestively as her hands trailed across her stomach and over her hips. Her voice was sweetly innocent.

“Oh look, no sweat here either. Guess it’s just not much of a workout, huh?”

Spike scowled, shooting across the room intent on giving her lips another ‘workout’. His headlong dash was met with Buffy’s cool precision as she landed a punch to his chin that sent him sprawling on the floor. By the time he’d jumped up again, she was already waiting a few strides away.

It went on like that for a while. Spike would pursue Buffy across the room, both their faces glowing with identical grins, and she’d flatten him just as he reached her, running off again. Eventually she giggled, taunting him by blowing a kiss in his direction, skipping out of his reach.

“C’mon Slayer, you can do better than that.”

“Yeah yeah, other blokes don’t have to put up with you bein’ all sexy ‘n’ distractin’.” He grumbled.

Buffy giggled again. “What’s to say I don’t do this with all the boys, Spike?”

In a flash he was across the room, the teasing air banished completely. He gripped her by the waist, his eyes boring into hers before he swooped in and planted a savage kiss on her that left her senses reeling. His hold tightened.

“You do this with anyone else, I’ll kill ‘im. You’re mine, Buffy. Mine!”

She stared into his eyes, a little thrill coursing through her at his sudden possessiveness. Then her eyes darkened and she kicked his feet out from underneath him, landing straddling his chest. She leaned over, her hair tickling his sweaty, bare skin as she breathed in his ear.

“Oh no, Spike. You’re mine.” She sat up, her nails tapping a quiet melody on his chest as it heaved after their exertions. Then she grinned, the atmosphere lightening. Twining her hair around one finger, she looked at him with big, innocent eyes as she said in her best little girl voice. “So Spikey, you wanna be my boyfwend?”

He chuckled, the vibration between her thighs making her shiver. His voice was deep and husky as he replied, “’Course pet. I’m yours, aren’t I?” She bent down, and they sealed the pact with a tender kiss that left him flushed and panting.

“Always mine.”