Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update! I've been suffering computer troubles, I'm afraid. Anyway, up and running now, so updates should be regular. As always, I'm hungry and I'm craving reviews ^.^ Tell me what you think!
Buffy crushed her lips to his, a fiercely intense kiss that was bruising in its passion. His hands slid around her waist, tugging her against him. A slender leg rose, wrapping around his hips as he moaned into her mouth, pressing his impressive erection into her. Whimpering, she eased her lips away, her eyes fogged with desire as he panted against her neck.

“Wha…?” His voice husky and adorably dazed.

“Someone’s at the door.” She answered with a pout, pulling her boyfriend away from the aforementioned entrance. About to pull it open, she was stopped when Spike grabbed her wrist. Quirking a brow at him, she watched as his eyes dropped to her hand, where the ugly Gem still glittered merrily. He grinned sheepishly, stepping back as she cautiously opened the door.

For a moment the sunlight dazzled her as it splashed over her skin. Then she was tackled inside by a long, slender body, propelling her into the shadows inside the house. Landing with a thud, she scowled in irritation before her eyes widened, mirroring those of the woman sitting atop her.

Her voice was a high-pitched squeak. “Dawnie?”

Her sister began to babble. “Oh my God, Buffy! You weren’t burning. Why weren’t you burning? Not that I want you too, ‘cause you’re my sister and stuff, but hey, vampire. Um, yeah.” She paused for breath before ducking her head meekly. “Hi?”

The next moment she rose gracefully to her feet, extending a long-fingered hand to her shorter sibling. Buffy grasped it, fluidly regaining her own feet before sweeping her younger sister into a fierce hug. Dawn winced, prying the vampiress’ arms from her waist with a giggle.

“Ouch. Note to self, wear protective clothing next time you spring a surprise visit on your vampiric sister.”

Buffy grinned, holding Dawn at arms length and taking a good look at her, tears threatening to stain her cheeks as pride swelled inside. Where she’d been a pretty teenager, Dawn was an exquisitely beautiful woman. And at 29 years of age, there was no doubt that she was a full-grown woman.

Her hair, previously a pleasant shade of light brown, had darkened to a glossy chocolate colour, streaked with caramel shades tan. It curled in loose ringlets down to her mid-back, accentuating her slender waist. She was taller than Buffy now, her skin a delicate ivory, her eyes a deep blue-grey as they narrowed on a smile.

Her long limbs, gangly-looking and awkward when she was a teenager, fitted her new height, giving her a lithe grace that was not dissimilar to her sister’s. She wore a creamy top patterned with silver lines hanging just above her waist, little tassels half covering the strip of taut skin it exposed. Light blue jeans were slung low on her hips, a cute suede belt and green-blue earrings matching the outfit to her personality.

Buffy was the first to break the silence again. “Look at you! All grown up.”

Dawn rolled her eyes, punching the vampiress lightly on the shoulder. “We’re not all immortal, doofus.”

The Slayer cleared his throat, making both women turn to face him. Their faces were like mirror images as they each raised an eyebrow, the eerie similarity making Spike back off slightly. Finally Buffy grinned, turning to Dawn.

“Dawnie, this is Spike the Vampire Slayer. Spike, this is my sister and the infamous Key, Dawn.” A pause. “You are still the Key, right?”

The woman smirked, raising a hand. For a moment she frowned before beautifully deep green energy gathered around her outstretched fingers. Flicking the slender digits in Buffy’s direction, she gave a girlish giggle when the vampiress was suddenly clothed in a gorgeous crimson dress, the light fabric fluttering around her in a wind they couldn’t feel.

Dawn dropped her hand and the dress vanished, leaving a pouting Buffy attired in her more casual clothing. Spike’s eyes glazed over as she tossed her hair back over her shoulder. Look at that lip… Gonna get that lip. he silently promised himself. Buffy obviously smelt the increase in his arousal, as her head snapped around to him and her eyes darkened.

“Not wanting to kill the sexual tension just radiating from you two, but isn’t there a small problem involving an ex-boyfriend of yours?”

Dawn’s dry voice snapped the lovers back to reality, though Spike nearly moaned aloud at the heated look she sent his way. When the other Summers woman shot him a sly grin, he blushed and led the way into the living room, where the jubilant Scoobs were still gathered around Willow.

Oz was the first to notice the stranger in their midst; his imminent fatherhood seemed to have sharpened the wolf senses his condition lent him. His head whipped around, his teeth bared in a snarl that was surprisingly threatening. Seeing the way Buffy clung closely to the tall woman, he relaxed slightly, but the crackle of her power made him uneasy.

Willow, noticing her partner’s distress, turned to the doorway. She put a protective hand on her belly, stopped when Tara’s gentle hand rested on her arm. Turning questioning eyes on her oldest companion, the redheaded woman frowned when the shy blonde stepped forwards, lowering herself to kneel at the mystery woman’s feet.

Dawn smiled gently as awed eyes met hers, resting her hand softly on the witch’s head. For a moment her power was palpable in the air around her as she closed her eyes, swaying slowly from side to side. Tara seemed caught in a similar state, her eyes half-closed in contentment. Dawn’s voice was deeper than it normally was, caressing and motherly.

“Your time will come. Do not give up hope, daughter.”

The Key seemed to shimmer with the breathtaking emerald light once again before she returned to normal, lifting Tara to her feet with a sheepish smile. The witch merely bowed her head in thanks, returning to the corner of the room. Dawn faced the gathered Scoobs with a little wave.

“Hi there! I’m Dawn Summers, Buffy’s sister. And the Key, but that’s way less fun.” She giggled, breaking the stunned silence that seemed to have invaded the room.

Giles was the first to move, striding forwards and enveloping the smiling woman in a warm hug. She returned the favour, rolling her eyes at his muffled ‘Good Lord’s against her hair. Gently disengaging, she shot him a last devastating smile before turning the group, smiling at them each in turn as they introduced themselves.

Finally there was only one name she didn’t know. Turning to the tall, dark-skinned man who hadn’t yet greeted her, she raised an eyebrow and turned on the time-honoured Summers pout. Wood, finally rising from his daze, walked forward.

Taking the delicate hand she offered him, he turned it over and lifted it to his lips, brushing a lingering kiss across her knuckles. He felt like he was drowning in the clear blue of her eyes, the tingling pleasure racing across his every nerve as he touched her making him gasp with surprise.

She gave him a knowing smile, gently withdrawing her hand, trying to ignore the girlish urge to swoon. Then he spoke, and she knew he was lost. Wood’s voice, normally deep and commanding, was rich and smooth, caressing her name like it was the most valuable of treasures.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Dawn. My name is Robin Wood. May I ask what brings you to Sunnydale?”

At the reminder of her quest, the last traces of foggy desire faded from her mind. Clapping her hands, the sudden noise making everyone jump, she looked at Willow with a soft smile. Only Tara could see the soft cloud of energy that fell over the witch and her werewolf lover, but the two exchanged tender smiles and shifted closer together.

Drawing herself up to her full height, the young woman gave a beaming smile. “Since Willow and Oz will be leaving soon, you won’t be able to restore Angel’s soul unless you have another powerful witch stand in. Well, since I haven’t seen Buffy in ages,” here she shot her sister a look that promised they’d be talking about that later, before continuing, “I thought I’d mosey on up to old SunnyD and see if I could lend a hand or three.”

For a moment a ghostly extra arm seemed to hover around her, then it vanished. Everybody except Buffy stared in shock, but the petite blonde just grumbled a low, “Show-off.”

Giggling, her sister nodded in agreement before taking Wood’s hand in hers and tugging him to sit beside her on the couch. The Watcher grinned smugly as everybody settled down. Waiting for a moment’s quiet, Dawn cleared her throat. Her voice was surprisingly commanding.

“Alright people, let’s go to work!”