AN: Only a couple of chapters left before this story is finished. I have an idea for a new story that I'm going to write.

I hope you guys are still with me on this story, I know I haven't been updating frequently and I'm very sorry for that... really feeling like a broken record now.

But here's chapter 14, hope you guys will enjoy it.

xxx

Spikegirl



------------------------------------------


Chapter 14: Same ideas

It had been two weeks since Buffy and Spike had had their confrontation about her being a prostitute. Spike needed time and even though Buffy wanted nothing more than to be with him, she knew that she needed to give him the time that he needed. She wanted things to be okay between them, but it wasn’t up to her to make that decision. Spike needed to see that she had a hard time and that she needed to make some hard decisions. She really didn’t regret them, she hated having sex with those men, but it was something that she had to do to support her family. She couldn’t imagine how Emma would have lived if she hadn’t taken that job.

Even though Spike needed time from Buffy, he didn’t need time from his daughter. Spike had called Buffy a couple of times if it was all right if he picked up Emma from school. They were very brief conversations, but Buffy told him that it was okay. She was happy that he wanted to continue spending time with his daughter. So he would pick her up after school and then he would take her to the beach or to a restaurant. Emma loved it; she loved spending time with her father.

Then there was Xander, her oh-so-loveable brother. She hadn’t spoken to him either and she really didn’t want to. She wasn’t angry at him anymore, she was just tired of it. Xander didn’t have a place in her heart anymore, he wasn’t her brother anymore. He obviously didn’t care about her, Dawn, and Emma so why should she care about him?

Buffy was thinking about everything that happened the last couple of weeks while she was preparing lunch for her and Emma. Dawn had gone to the beach with some of her old friends. She was making pancakes, Emma loved pancakes and Buffy decided that it was best to give her something she really liked before she heard the news that she was going to tell her daughter.

“Emma, your pancakes are ready!” She shouted to her daughter who was watching television. Emma came running to the kitchen, practically drooling for the delicious pancakes that were placed on the kitchen table.

“Be careful sweetie, it’s still hot,” she told her daughter.

Buffy sat down on the chair across from her daughter. She was eating her second pancake (Emma was busy with her fourth) when she decided that she had to tell her the news, she couldn’t wait any longer, it wasn’t fair. But before she could tell her, Emma asked her a question.

“Mom, why aren’t you and Daddy together? When daddy and I go to the beach, you aren’t with us and when we go to the park he aren’t with us either.”

It came as a shock when Emma first called Spike her daddy, but it just felt so right.

Buffy usually corrected her, saying that it isn’t ‘aren’t’, but ‘isn’t’, but she didn’t feel like it right now. She didn’t know what to tell her little girl.

“Baby, Daddy and I… we’ve been very busy and we didn’t want you to feel alone so we took… turns.” She said, trying to sound believable, but it even sounded lame to her. She hated lying to her daughter, but telling her that she use to be a prostitute was just a little to much for her, she wanted to wait before telling her that… wait for about a hundred years.

“But I actually wanted to ask you something. First let me ask you this; do you know where Daddy lives?”

Emma nodded. “In Los Angel.”

Buffy nodded. “Yes, in Los Angeles. And we live in Sunnydale. It’s a long drive from our home to Daddy’s home…”

“So we won’t be able to see Daddy anymore?” she asked her mother with tears in her eyes. She didn’t want Daddy to leave her, she loved her daddy. She had already lived too long without him, she wasn’t going to lose him now!

“No matter what, we’ll see Daddy again. But sweetie, it would be a lot easier to see Daddy if we lived in the same city as him. If we also lived in Los Angeles then we could see him everyday if we wanted to.

Emma looked at her mother with big eyes, obviously not getting what her mother was trying to say to her.

“Would you like to live in Los Angeles, with daddy?”

“YES!!!!” Emma screamed, walking around the table to hug her mother. “I don’t want to be without Daddy.”

“Oh sweetie, you won’t. I promise you, you won’t.”

Spike and she had a lot to talk about because Buffy wanted to live in LA without actually living at Spike’s house. She didn’t want her daughter to be apart from her father anymore, and she knew in heart that Spike didn’t want that either. Even if she and Spike never got back together, her daughter would at least not be without her father.

~*~

After having dinner with Emma and Dawn she decided that she should call Spike to tell him the news. She wanted to know what he thought about it and she needed to tell him what she was planning on doing.

She picked up the phone and dialled his cell phone number. She was about to give up when she heard his voice. “Hello?”

She smiled at hearing his voice. “Hi.” She answered after a couple of seconds.

“Hi,” he said again.

“I wanted to talk to you about something. I’m not sure if I want to do it over the phone, could we meet somewhere”?”

“Ehm… yeah, alright.”

“Okay, meet me at the park in an hour?”

“Alright. I’ll see you at the park in an hour.”

“Okay. Spike…”

“Yeah?”

“I… I missed you.” She said, before quickly hanging up, not knowing that he answered her back.

~*~

He just got out of the shower when he heard his phone go off. He walked into his room, but couldn’t find his phone.

“Damn, where did I put the bloody thing?” He could hear his phone, but still didn’t have a clue where it was. Finally, he found it. He didn’t bother looking at the caller ID, he just picked it up.

“Hello?” he said.

It took a couple of seconds before he heard the most beautiful voice in the world… “Hi.” … Buffy

“Hi.” He said again. ‘Stupid wanker, you already said hello.’

“I wanted to talk to you about something. I’m not sure if I want to do it over the phone, could we meet somewhere”?”

She wanted to talk? He really needed to talk to her too. He had had enough time; it was time to be a man and talk things out. “Ehm… yeah, alright.”

“Okay, meet me at the park in an hour?”

“Alright. I’ll see you at the park in an hour.”

“Okay. Spike…”

“Yeah?” he asked.

“I… I missed you.” He heard it; it was almost enough to make him cry.

“I missed you too.” He said, but he was too late, she had already hung up the phone.


~*~

Spike had been waiting for five minutes when he saw her walking towards him. She hadn’t seen him yet, since she was looking down at the ground. He looked closely. She appeared to be talking to herself, obviously nervous about something. He smiled, at least he wasn’t alone in this.
When she looked up, she saw him watching her and he could’ve sworn he saw her blush, even though he couldn’t see it because it was already dark.

“Hi,” she said, giving him a small smile.

“Hello, luv.” This time he knew for sure, she definitely blushed this time… and then he realized it. It didn’t matter what she did in the past, she could fuck a thousand men and she would still be his angel. Okay, he would be extremely jealous and kill most of them, but she would still be his angel. He loved her and Emma more than anything and things that she did in the past weren’t any of his business. He did some things in the past that he wasn’t proud of either. And okay, it wasn’t as serious as prostitution, but he knew that she had to do that in order to support her family. And even though he hated the fact that she was a prostitute, he was proud of her.

He broke out of his thoughts and looked at his angel standing in front of him; she looked very nervous. He just wanted to take her into his arms and tell her that everything was all right, but he knew that he needed to wait. She needed to say some stuff before he did.

“You wanted to talk?” He asked, not wanting to wait any longer to hear what she had to say.

She nodded. “Yes.” She looked at him for a moment, not saying anything before telling him what she wanted to say. “I know that you need time and I’m willing to give you all the time that you need. But you’re leaving in two days. You’re going back to LA and I’ve made my decision. And last night I realized that my decision isn’t only for the two of us, but also for you and Emma. So I’ve made my decision and I’m going through with it, with or without us being together.”

She took a moment again before continuing. “I’m moving to LA. And before you say anything…” She said when she saw him wanting to respond. “I just want to explain some things. I’m not saying that I need to move in with you , I’m just saying that I’m going to live in LA, in my own house, with Emma. I’ve decided that this is the best solution to our problems concerning Emma. She doesn’t want to live without you and this way she doesn’t have to. I’ll find another job, I’ve already called someone I know who lives in LA and works in this little diner and she said she’d put in a good word for me. You can talk now,” she said, when he still hadn’t said a word.

But he didn’t want to talk, he took a step forward and kissed her. It took Buffy a couple of seconds to respond, but she did, kissing him hard, tasting what she had missed these last couple of weeks. Spike, for one, held her tight, afraid that she was going to disappear. ‘God, I love her so much,’ he thought when he pulled back, leaving both him and Buffy gasping for much needed air.

“Wow,” she said with a smile which made him chuckle.

“Okay, I have some things that I want to say.” Buffy nodded. “First of all, I don’t need any more time, I’ve had all the time that I bloody needed. Hearing you saying about being a prostitute pissed me off; I hated the fact that you slept with other men, but I hate it even more that you slept with other men for money. You’re so much better than that and I just wished that I’d been there so you wouldn’t have had to. I can’t imagine how it must have been for you, so I can’t really complain. I hope you can forgive me for being such an ass. And I love Emma, and I would love it if you two moved to LA, with me… in my house. Because Buffy Anne Summers, I love you and I want you to move in with me.”

When Spike was finished Buffy couldn’t hold the tears back anymore, she started to cry before stepping forward and hugging Spike to her. “I love you too,” she whispered into his ear. “So much.”













---------------------------------------


AN: Thanks for all the reviews, I really appreciate them. I wouldn't be able to write without you guys.

Love you

Spikegirl