AN: Three more chapters to go! Thanks for all the reviews, they mean a lot to me. It shows me that people enjoy reading my story and well... it just makes me happy :D

Here's chapter 15, enjoy!

Spikegirl


-------------------------------



Chapter 15: The life

Buffy and Emma had been living with Spike for three days now. It had been hard at first, especially because Buffy had to leave all her friends behind. The strip club had thrown her a party, telling her that if she would ever need anything that she could always come back. She had gotten a lot of support from Spike, Willow and Dawn. It didn’t really matter to Dawn where they lived, she was still in college and it didn’t matter to her if she had to go to Sunnydale or LA to visit her sister and niece. Willow was also very supportive, although she had cried a lot. But Buffy promised that she would come and visit a lot and Willow knew that their friendship wouldn’t fall apart because of something as small as this.

It wasn’t very hard to leave Sunnydale for Emma; she really liked her friends because she could play with them, but her Daddy was more important than that. She couldn’t bear the idea of leaving her Daddy so it wasn’t all that hard to leave.

Buffy had to admit, it was still strange to be living in Spike’s house. It was a very big house, but also very homey. It was beautifully decorated and Buffy just couldn’t get over the fact that he had his own pool, inside of the house. She loved the pool. She went there at least twice a day. She liked the house and she even liked the neighbourhood, because there were a lot of kids Emma’s age. But she didn’t like the fact that Spike was away so much. An hour after they had arrived, he had to go to the band and every day after that he had left to go to work at 9 o’clock in the morning and came home at 12 o’clock in the night. She hadn’t said anything about it, but she didn’t like it one bit. On the other hand, she thought she might be overreacting, but even Emma told her that she missed her Daddy. She would have to talk to him about that.

Then the other thing: Xander. Spike and Xander used to live together, but Spike had just recently bought the new house. Spike had told her that sometimes there would be band meetings at his house, which would include Xander Summers. Buffy convinced herself that that didn’t mean that she had to see her so-called brother, she could go somewhere else when the band was there. Even though Spike and Xander arrived together in Sunnydale, Xander took a cab home. When he found out that Buffy was going to be living at Spike’s house, he offered to take a cab home. Probably the one good thing that he ever did for them, Buffy thought.

Besides that, the moving went just fine. The house in Sunnydale wasn’t sold yet, but Buffy didn’t have to worry about that, her friend Alexis said that she would handle all of that.

~ * ~


Spike was practicing with the band at the club ‘The Liquid.’. They always practiced there because that was the club where they almost always performed. Spike always liked practicing with the band, but now he was really tired of it; he wanted to be with his Buffy and Emma. They had only been with him for three days and the last two days he had been practicing. He looked at the rest of his band. They were all looking pretty bored.

“What do you guys say about calling it a night? It’s almost 6 o’clock and we don’t have anything important to do. And I don’t know about you guys, but I would like to go home to my girl and my daughter.”

Devon and Faith had reacted with shock when he had told him about Buffy and Emma. They didn’t know he had a girlfriend, let alone a daughter! He had told them the story, not everything, but enough so they knew what had happened. He didn’t tell them that Buffy was a stripper, he didn’t know if Buffy wanted anyone to know. And if he didn’t tell them about her being a stripper, he obviously didn’t tell them about her being a prostitute. He didn’t care about that anymore, but he knew that Buffy wouldn’t appreciate it if he told his friends. He couldn’t care less, he wouldn’t mind them knowing. He knew how Buffy really was, she wasn’t a whore. She was his girl, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She was the mother of his child.

“Yeah!” Devon exclaimed.

“Thank god,” Faith said.

Only Xander wasn’t that enthusiastic. He was very tired and wanted nothing more than to go home, but when he heard his best friend say that he wanted to go to his girl and his daughter he didn’t know what to think. His still was very angry at his sister. Spike had told him about her being a prostitute and he didn’t understand why he could be with someone like that. He remembered when he saw Spike storming into their hotel room, he had never seen him that angry.

What the hell is going on?” Xander asked his best friend after seeing him storming into the room like a madman.

“What the hell is going on? Your sister is a fucking prostitute, that’s what’s going on!” He yelled.

Xander stopped. ‘A prostitute.’

“I knew she would do something like that. I knew she was a fucking whore!” He yelled, angry as hell. He didn’t see the punch coming towards his face. He fell down on his ass. Blood was coming out of his nose.

“Don’t call her a whore.” Spike said, looking at his friend with anger in his eyes.

“I can call her whatever I want to, she’s MY sister.”

Spike shook his head. “You have no idea what she’s been through, you took the easy way out, she fought for her family. So think about who’s the whore,” he said before going into the bathroom and locking the door.


“I think we should practice some more,” Xander said.

Devon, Faith and Spike looked at him like he was crazy. “There’s nothing more to do man,” Devon said.

“There’s always something to do,” Xander protested.

“Come on, Xander,” Spike said.

“What?! Just because YOU want to go to your precious girlfriend, WE should suffer?”

“Suffer?! There’s nothing to do!”

“Fine, go home. This band doesn’t need you.”

“Whatever, I’m going home,” Spike said. “Bye guys,” he said to Devon and Faith who were also packing their things to go home.


~ * ~


Buffy and Emma were sitting on the couch on a Tuesday evening at 6 o’clock. Spike wasn’t home yet, so Buffy and Emma were watching a movie, Emma’s favourite movie as a matter of fact, Finding Nemo. Buffy had to admit, she was a big fan of the movie too. They were interrupted when they suddenly heard a voice.

“Honey, I’m home!!!” they both heard him yelling.

“Daddy!” Emma yelled before running towards the sound. Buffy smiled and walked after Emma. She smiled again when she saw her daughter in her father’s arms. He gave her a kiss on her forehead before walking to Buffy.

“Hello, luv,” he said before giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

“You’re home early,” she said with a smile.

“I know, I felt so guilty about working so long the last couple of days so I told the band that I was going home to spend time with my two best girls.” He said, while putting Emma down again, who went back to watch Finding Nemo.

“I’m glad you did,” Buffy said, giving him a passionate kiss which left them both panting for air.

“I’m very glad I did too,” he said before moving in again, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her closer.

“What did the band say about that?” Buffy asked when they broke apart.

“Devon and Faith were pretty understanding, Xander didn’t like it though. But Anya was there, you know his girlfriend, she kicked him so he had to agree.”

“Faith?” she asked. She knew Devon since she was 8 years old, but she didn’t know anyone named Faith.

“Yeah, she’s new. She plays guitar and she sings. She’s pretty good. She’s a nice girl, a little aggressive sometime, but she’s nice.”

“Aggressive?”

“Well, she’s really into guys and she doesn’t take no for an answer. I actually feel sorry for some guys, but they’ll live,” he said with a smirk.

“She doesn’t sound very nice,” she said, wrapping her arms around him. What if that girl made the moves on her boyfriend?

“Don’t worry, luv. I’m all yours.” He said, almost like he had read her mind before giving her a kiss on her forehead. “So, have you guys already eaten?”

“Nope.” Buffy said, shaking her head, walking with Spike towards the living room where Emma was still watching Finding Nemo.

“What do you say, pet. Want to order a pizza?” He asked Emma when he saw her sitting on the couch. “Pigeon? Emm?” He looked at Buffy with a confused expression when Emma still didn’t answer.

“There’s only one way to get through to her when she’s watching Finding Nemo,” she said, walking towards the TV and stopping in front of it so Emma couldn’t watch it anymore.

“Mom!” Emma complained with a pout.

“Your father asked you something.”

Emma looked at her father. “I’m sorry Dad, I didn’t hear you.”

Spike looked at her with an amused look. “That’s okay, little bit. Shall we order a pizza?”

His answer was a big grin on his daughter’s face.

After 45 minutes they were sitting on the couch eating dinner. Spike had found out that his girlfriend and daughter were big pizza eaters. They couldn’t get enough of it. ‘Mental note, get three pizzas next time.’ He looked at his daughter and girlfriend with a smile; they both had tomato-sauce around their mouths.

‘Yeah, this is the life,’ he thought.





----------------------------

AN: did you like it? Please let me know!

Spikegirl