AN: I'm SOOOO sorry that you had to wait for so long. My computer just suddenly stopped working, don't you just hate that?!

Oh and to make things clear: Buffy is a stripper AND a hooker. She is a fulltime stripper, but when she's short in cash she will have sex for money. But she doesn't want to do that anymore so she usually just strips. I did explain it in the story.

But anyway, I'm really sorry and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

- Spikegirl


-----------------------------------------


Chapter 6: A complicated situation


‘Oh god! They’re both here. What the hell am I going to say?’ she asked herself silently.

She looked at the two men who were staring holes into her. An uncomfortable silence took over. After what looked like hours Xander finally made an end to it.
Buffy gave them a weak smile.
“Buffy, what the hell is going on?” Xander asked her with a pissed-of expression. Buffy had never seen her brother this mad before. He never knew that she was a stripper and she knew that he was disgusted by it. She planned on never telling him what she did, because she knew that he would never approve.

“Buffy? Spike asked her confused. Still not understanding what the hell was going on.

“Yes, Spike it’s me.” Buffy told him with a sad look. She looked at his pained expression; yep she did it. Now the two men she loved the most were mad at her. Congratulations Buffy! What a way to show you care. This was definitely not a Kodak moment.

‘So Buffy is Anne, Anne is Buffy. Of course! That’s why she looked so familiar. Oh god! I’m in love with my best friend’s sister! No…wait a minute. I’m not. I’m in love with Anne...who is Buffy. God! What the bloody hell am I going to do?’ Spike shouted inside of his head.

“How could you lie to me? Was it all just for fun? Fucking me while you knew that I didn’t recognize you!” Spike shouted at her. He was so mad. He couldn’t believe her; he fell in love with her, completely, and totally in love with her and it was all a joke. He couldn’t take it. He felt like she tore out his heart and did a step dance on it. Well, in her case a strip dance!

“No! Spike, it wasn’t...” Buffy tried to explain, but Spike had already walked out of the club. She felt tears threatening to spill, but she knew that she had to be strong. She couldn’t let her brother see how weak she really was. Speaking of… she looked at Xander. He looked at her like she was the devil himself.

“How could you Buff? How could you do that to him, to me? Don’t you care at all?” He asked her, trying to be calm but it obviously wasn’t working.

“How could I! What the hell are you talking about Xander? Yes, I owe an explanation to him, but not you. What the hell did I do to you? You‘re the one who abandoned your family! If anyone should be apologizing it‘s you for screwing up everyone’s life just for the fame.” She yelled at Xander. It didn’t make any sense, yes she hurt Spike, but Xander had nothing to do with it.

“Look around Buffy, how can you live like this? How can you live humiliating yourself for these animals? Don’t you have any pride?” He asked with hint of disgust in his voice.

“You want to know how I can live like this? I live like this because I HAVE to! I have no choice. I have to pay the bills, buy food and clothes. But most of all, I have a family to look after. I have to take care of them. In case you didn’t notice Xander, I don’t have any education. I didn’t finish college because of mom. I don’t have any experience. This was my ONLY choice!” And with that she ran out of the door, towards her home. She ran with tears in her eyes. When she was finally home, she immediately took a shower…she always did that when she felt dirty. She cried while feeling the water pour onto her. She couldn’t believe how everything turned out. She honestly didn’t believe that she would ever see her brother again, let alone Spike. She didn’t know what to do. What if they found out about Emma?

After the shower she went to bed and cried herself to sleep.

The next morning (11 a.m.)...

Buffy awoke at the sound of the phone ringing. She jumped out of bed and picked up the phone.

“Hello?” She said through the phone. She smiled…it was Emma. She could hear the excited tone in her voice.

“Hi sweetie! How was the zoo?” She asked her daughter. She was so happy hearing her daughter’s voice again; she always knew how to make things better. Sometimes she thought her daughter could tell when Buffy was sad, because somehow Emma always fixed it. Sometimes when she was sad Emma would crawl in bed with her and give her a big hug. And they would fall asleep together.

“Really? That must have been a pretty big giraffe then. Yes, I’m fine sweetie.” She said. She didn’t want Emma to worry.

“Yeah, give auntie Willow for a second ok…. I love you to honey. Bye. Kisses.” she said. After a couple of seconds she heard her best friend through the phone.

“Hi Will. Is Emma being good?” She asked her. She didn’t really have to ask that, Emma was always good, well… almost always anyway.

“Yes, I’m fine Will. No, really. Everything’s good.” She told her friend, hoping the sadness in her voice didn’t give anything away. Willow always knew when something was wrong; she could always hear it from her voice…today wasn’t an exception.

Buffy sighed. “Okay. I was at work yesterday, just dancing you know. I finished up and walk to the door...guess who I saw? Xander and Spike!” She nearly yelled through the phone. Silence. “Will, are you still there? Will!” She asked. After a couple of seconds she heard Willow’s breathing again. “Where the hell were you? I was just in the middle of something big here!” Her eyes widened when she heard her best friend tell her that she almost fainted. Willow asked her what their reaction was.

“They’re pretty mad at me. Yes, especially Spike…No, I didn’t lie to him, I just didn’t tell him everything.” She tried to convince her friend and herself, but unfortunately she didn’t buy it.

“…Yes I know Will. I don’t know what to do. What if he sees Emma? He’s really gonna freak out then. No, I’m not gonna tell him. Not now at least. I think I should let him cool off first, you know. I need some time to think about all this.” She told her.

After a couple of minutes more of girl talk and the promise that Buffy would pick Emma up at 6 p.m. they said their goodbyes and hung up their phones. Buffy went to take a shower and after an hour or so she grabbed her purse and walked out of the door, to go grocery shopping.

At a hotel in SunnyHell…

“God, I can’t believe her. All this time, she was just lying to us. Doesn’t she even care? She could’ve just called or something!” Xander shouted more to himself then Spike who was sitting on his bed. Spike sighed. Xander hadn’t stopped yelling for over an hour. He finally had enough.

“Shut up Xander!” Spike yelled at his best friend. Xander turned towards him with a confused look on his face. “Even if she did call, you probably wouldn’t have called back! You complain about her not calling when you treat them like crap! Admit it Xan, she didn’t have a choice. She had to take care of Dawn without any money. It was probably the only thing she could do! Look…” he said, his voice softening “…it’s not that I’m not mad at her, don’t get me wrong I’m pissed, but you weren’t there for her, WE weren’t there for her. Face it man, she was all alone and it‘s our fault.”

Xander sighed. He was too mad to understand. “It’s your fault you know, if we didn’t come here in the first place, none of this would’ve happened! Why did we come here anyway?” Xander asked his best friend with an angry expression.
“In about two weeks it’s Christmas Xander and when I saw the picture of you with Buffy and Dawn I remembered how it used to be. You haven’t been really happy in a while, man. I just thought it would be a good idea to visit the family for the holidays.” Spike answered him. He only wanted what was best for his friend. It was only worse, not just for Xander, but for him as well. “I didn’t know she was gonna lie to us. I screwed it up big time.”

“Yeah, she lied to you big time. Wait! Holy shit! Anne? Your Anne?” Xander asked with a scared look. ‘My best friend is in love with my sister? That will end well’ he thought to himself.

“Got that part ha? When I saw her back in LA, I knew she looked familiar, I just couldn’t put my finger on it.” He told Xander with dreamy eyes. He was very mad at her, but unfortunately his feelings didn’t change. Spike couldn’t believe it took his friend this long to figure it out. They’d only been talking about it a few hours before. Yes, his friend was really clueless sometimes.

“So, you’re in love with my sister. I’m maybe pissed at her, but if you hurt her in any way, I’ll kill you. Just so you know.” He told him with a threatening look.

Spike didn‘t buy the look but Spike decided to play along. “Don’t worry Xan, I think in a while my feelings will go away. At least I hope.” The last part he said in a whisper. Xander was to busy with his own thoughts to hear what his friend said. “Anyway, I’m gonna get some smokes.”

Xander looked at him. “They don’t sell cigarettes in this hotel, don’t know why. You should go to the grocery store.” Xander told him. “Can you get me some chips or something? They don’t sell those either, stupid hotel.” Xander said with a cranky voice. He gave Spike some extra cash and watched him disappear out of the door.

At the grocery store…

“Hi Giles! How are you doing?” She asked the cashier whom she saw as her father.

“Very good Buffy. How are you?” He asked the girl whom he saw as the daughter he never had. He came over a lot to have dinner at her house and play with Emma. Emma even called him grandpa. He really felt like he was a part of the family. He never had a daughter and Buffy never really had a father so they basically filled the positions as family.

“Could do better.” She said while giving him the groceries she wanted to buy. She noticed his curious look. “I saw Xander and Spike yesterday.” She told him with a sad look.

“Spike? You mean Emma’s father? That Spike?” He asked her. Well, of course it was Emma’s father, there weren’t really a lot of Spikes in the world. He didn’t know Spike, but he knew how much Buffy still loved him. When Emma was a couple of months old, Giles would spend the night at the Summer’s home to help Buffy with the little girl. One night he woke up at the crying of Emma and walked to her room, he made a move to open the door only to stop when he saw that Buffy was already there. He had looked at the mother and daughter with a smile.

He heard Buffy saying that she looked just like her father and started to cry. Giles came in the room and just held the crying girls in his arms.

“Yeah, he saw me stripping at the club. It was really embarrassing. I just don’t know what to do Giles. What about Emma? If he sees her, I don’t know how he will react.” She said while wiping away her tears.

“It’s gonna be okay Buffy. You’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe he just needs some time to think, he’ll call you or visit you. Spike AND your brother.” He said comforting. “Go to the restroom and powder your nose or whatever you girls do, I look after your groceries till your back okay? Oh and do you want to grab a couple of crates out of the storeroom?” He asked her with a shy smile.

“Sure, Giles. Thanks.” She said while going to the back, where the restroom was. Buffy didn’t notice the man who was just walking in.

“Hi, ehm… Marlboro please.” He said while giving the cashier the chips for Xander. “Thanks, mate.” He said when Giles gave him back his ‘groceries.’

He looked around for a while. “Do you mind if I use your restroom?” He asked the guy in his forties. He didn’t really need to go to the bathroom; it was just to damn hot. He needed to splash a little water on his face.

“Yeah sure, it’s in the back.” He said while helping the next customers. In the two minutes Buffy had left to go to the restroom it had become pretty crowded.


He had just come out of the bathroom when he heard somebody cry softly in the storeroom. He opened the room and saw a girl with 2 crates in her hands standing before him with her back turned to him. She was wearing a jean skirt with a plain white shirt on top of it. She wore white sandals that made the outfit complete.

“Ehm… miss?” he asked shyly. He couldn’t stand it when girls cried; he felt a strange need to comfort her.

When she turned around Spike’s eyes widened.

“Buffy.” He said with a shocked look.

“Spike.” She said with the same shocked look.

“Spike, I…” she started, but Spike didn’t give her any chance to continue. He just wanted to do the thing he wanted for almost 5 years now.

He ran to her, pushed her against the wall and shut her up with a hungry kiss.





-----------------------------------------------


AN: thanks to LAU, me, Nicki, daisy, DaniD, Kim, caatje, RY RY, Spiked_Slayer, Smitten, 76_Bloody_Trombones, Tuesday, jenny, gotkona, Kellie Mulder, Stine, SarahandJamesFanatic for reviewing, you guys are just so great! You guys deserve a medal or something :P - Spikegirl