AN: I just want to thank Chelsea for betaing this chapter! It means a lot to me, you're great!

And just to make things clear: Buffy's a stripper AND a prostitue, she's actually a stripper but when she's low on cash she'll have sex for money.

And cordykitten, I deleted the story at blondiebear because I was going to change a big part of the story. And chapter 7 was cowritten with another author, but I changed that chapter to. I've tried to contact the author, but it appears that the email that I got isn't valid anymore.

So, with that said: enjoy the chapter! - Spikegirl

--------------------------


Chapter 7: A haunting past


Buffy kissed him back with equal passion, hunger and need and wrapped her
legs around his waist. He fondled her ass, which caused Buffy to moan. ‘God, this
feels so good.’ She thought to herself. She didn’t want to let go, she felt so good in his arms. They were made for each other. ‘ I can’t believe I’ve missed this for so long!’ She broke the kiss breathing heavily.

“Spike.” She breathed.

“God, I’ve missed you so much Buffy.” Spike told her, returning to her lips to kiss her again. He didn’t want to stop kissing her, it just felt so damn good!

“I’ve missed you to.” She told him after he moved away from her lips again, only leaving her lips because they needed to breath.

“Let’s go to your place.” He smiled at her. He couldn’t wait to be inside of his goddess again.

“Good idea.” Spike’s smile grew wider. “But not for that.” She told him and unwrapped her legs from his waist, which made Spike frown. ‘Of course not you pillock, she doesn’t want to be with you. She doesn’t feel the same why about you.’ He thought to himself, but looking into her eyes he could tell that that wasn’t right.

“Why not?” He pouted, looking at her with his deep blue eyes. Buffy had to close her eyes, because if she didn’t she knew for sure that she would do anything he asked her. And they really needed to talk.

“I’ve got an idea. Bring Xander over and I’ll make us all dinner. We’ll get a chance to finally talk, all right? We should really talk things out Spike, I feel really bad about everything,” she told him with a sad look.

“Fine,” Spike said kissing her once more. “I’ll ask Xander then.” He knew that they should stop but he couldn’t help but kiss her again.

“Damn you taste so bloody good.” He murmured.

She smiled at the comment.


Spike left a couple of kisses later and Buffy made her way back to the checkout line, paid for her items then left with a huge smile on her face. She finally had the feeling that everthing was going to be fine again.

“Hey, Xander,” Spike said when he entered the hotel room. “Uh, I ran into Buffy at the grocery store.” He almost whispered, hoping that his friends wouldn’t start yelling again.

“What! You actually talked to her after what she did to me? What she did to you?” He yelled at Spike. He couldn’t believe his best friend, after all that she did to them.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Xander get over it!” He yelled at his best friend. “She invited us over to her house for dinner tonight. Lets at least go and let her explain herself.” Xander not wanting to get in a fight, which his friend agreed.

“Fine. Whatever.” Xander answered to please his friend. He didn’t really feel like going, but he knew that they had to talk things out. They both had a lot of explaining to do. But part of him wanted to get away from all this; he didn’t want to live in a world where his sister was a stripper in some club. And he was also partly embarrassed that he went to a strip club and his little sister witnessed it.

“Great now lets go. I went for a drive after we talked so we don’t have much time left,” Spike said as Xander slid on his shoes. Xander noticed Spike was a little too anxious to go. ‘I wonder if they’re back together?’ Xander thought to himself. But he shrugged it off and left with Spike. He didn’t think Spike could do that, just forgive and forget.



“Just relax Buffy, just because the brother that abandoned you and the father of your 4-year-old child is stopping by to have dinner doesn’t mean you have to freak out.” Buffy told herself trying to convince herself it wasn't that big of a deal. Unfortunately it wasn’t really working.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

‘Oh god, oh god, they’re here. Okay, take a deep breath Buffy.’ She told herself softly. After taking a deep breath, she walked towards the door and opened it with a big smile. There they stood... Xander and Spike. Spike had a huge smile oh his face, while Xander was staring at the ground.

“Come on in,” she said moving out of the way so they could enter the house. Xander and Spike sat down on the couch.

“Thank you for inviting us over,” Xander said to be polite, still looking at the ground, not wanting to make eye contact. The two friends sat on the couch. “I like what you done with the place. I’m surprised you stayed in this house.”

“Thank you,” Buffy said softly. “I wasn’t planning on staying here, but after mom died I just couldn’t leave. I grew up here and everything and besides, it doesn’t cost much after all the arrangments mom did.”

“You have a piano,” Xander stated, pointing at the big black piano in the corner of the room.

“Yeah, I play a little.”

“That’s nice.” Xander said, looking at the ground again.

There was an uncomfortable silence after the small talk.

Buffy turned to Spike. “Spike can you join me in the kitchen, please?” she asked him.

“Sure,” Spike said standing up and walking into the kitchen. Buffy had her arms crossed and a weak smile on her face. Spike was trying to look brave through the awkward situation.

“Xander really doesn’t want to be here does he?” Buffy asked.

“No, he doesn’t but at least he was willing to come. He really is trying…you know how Xander is. He’s as stubborn as you.” He answered the woman he still loved more than anything. She glared at him which made him chuckle. He looked at her. She looked very upset and he hated it. He hated it more then anything, knowing he couldn’t make her feel better.

“I guess you’re right but still, it hurts.” she told him with a hurt look.

Spike walked up to her grabbed her waist and kissed her. Buffy didn’t think she would ever get enough of kissing him.


DING DONG

“Doorbell,” Buffy said as they snapped out of their lover’s gaze. “Can you please get it for me?”

“Sure.” Spike said walking towards the door. Spike was about to open it when Buffy realized who exactly would be behind it. Emma.

‘Oh Shit.’ Buffy thought to herself. Maybe they wouldn’t notice. She hoped. Buffy’s thoughts were interrupted by a little voice.

“Mommy!” Emma yelled hugging her mother’s legs. Two very confused men followed Emma. It looked like Spike didn’t notice anything out of ordinary, except for the fact a little girl just ran up to her but other than that nothing.

Buffy knelt down and hugged Emma. “Hey Sweetie. Did you have fun with Auntie Willow?”

Her daughter nodded with a smile. “Yep. We saw the snakes and the elephants.” Her daughter said with a big smile on her face, not wanting to wait to tell her mother every little detail.

Buffy finally turned her attention to the two guys looking at her. She saw them looking with a very confused expression.

“Hey, guys. Guess what, I have a daughter.” She said with a hesitant smile, not knowing another way of breaking the news.

Buffy walked into the living to thank Willow. Willow left not wanting to get in the middle of the family drama.

Then she left someone tugging on her skirt. She knelt down to her daughter.

“What is it Honey?” she asked her daughter.

Emma pointed to Xander and Spike. “Who are they?”

“Well,” she pointed to Xander. “His name is Xander and he is your uncle.”

Then she pointed to Spike. “That is Sp.....” Buffy caught herself remember Emma knew the name Spike. She once told her that her Daddy’s name was Spike. “William.”

Spike looked at the little girl. ‘God she’s beautiful, just like her mother.’ He thought, well that and ‘Who’s the fucking father, I’m going to kill him!’

Emma ran up to them and hugged their legs, happy that she had another familymember that could give her lots and lots of presents! Spike and Xander both looked uncomfortable about the situation. Buffy went into the kitchen while Xander and Emma sat on the couch. Spike followed Buffy.

“Buffy?”

“Yes?” she said pretending everything was completely ordinary when she was screaming inside. She was avoiding eye contact.

“Why didn’t you tell us you had a daughter?” he asked her with a hurt look. He didn’t expect her to lie to him again. “You lied.”

“First. I didn’t necessarily lie and second it’s complicated.” She answered the man she loved.

“Spike!” They heard Xander yell from the living room. Spike left while Buffy continued to cook dinner, happy that she had some time before she had to explain the situation to him. Spike walked into the livingroom to see Xander on the couch and Emma standing in front of him. Xander was staring at Emma.

“Xander what are you doing? Leave the poor girl alone.” He told his friend annoyed. Sometimes he asked himself if his friend didn’t have any manners.

“You have to see this man.” He said, still looking at the girl standing in front of him.

“See what?” Spike asked confused.

He sat next to Xander, which who was still staring at Emma.

“Look,” Xander pointed to her eyes.

Spike looked. “Yeah Xander, those are eyes.” Not getting what his friend was trying to say.

”They’re blue.”

“Yes they are,” Spike said, looking at his friend like he’d grown insane.

“Very blue,” Xander said. “Who else do you know that has eyes that blue?” he asked Spike with a pointed look.

Spike thought. “Well there is that one guy that...no his eyes are green.” Spike paused. “What are you getting at?”

“Look at her cheekbones.” Spike looked intensely. He didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

“I still don't understand what you’re getting at, mate.”

“Spike stop it.” Xander told him. ‘God, and everyone says I can’t see anything till it bites me in the ass.’ He thought to himself.

“Stop what?” He asked.

Xander decided that Spike wouldn’t get it till they had some prove so he turned to Emma. “Do you know who your father is?” he asked her curiously.

“Yep.” She simply said.

“How do you know who he is?” Spike asked confused. Buffy would’ve told him in the kitchen if they were still together.

“Mommy told me and when she’s sleeping she says his name.” Emma told the two men who were looking at her like she’d grown two heads.

Xander butted in. “What’s his name?”

“Spike.” She said calmly. Not getting why they asked so many questions.

Spike’s eyes widened then he yelled.

“Buffy!”





--------------------------

Thanks so much to: Nemo, Wow, mjspuff, kristina, spufette, frederique, DaniD, marstersgirl13, Klai, Nicki, SarahandJamesFanatic, cordykitten, 76_Bloody_Trombones, *bite me* and Spiked_Slayer for reviewing the last chapter, you have NO idea how much that means to me. I wouldn't be inspired to write this story without you! - Spikegirl