Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again guys for all your great reviews. I have been blown away by the amount of support i have had so far. Enjoy
“Don’t cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?”

Spike looked to the passenger seat of his convertible, to see a very drunk Buffy singing very badly.

He had figured it was Buffy even though her drunken slurs were a little hard to understand. Her friend Faith had explained that they were at the Bronze and that Buffy needed a ride. He was out the door and on his way before the phone had hung up.

When he got to the Bronze, her friends met him. They were trying to help a very drunk and happy Buffy stand up. She was propped up against Faith.

“Hey guys look, it’s Spike and he’s wearing a coat.” Buffy stumbled towards Spike.

He rolled his eyes. This was going to be fun. He could feel all eyes upon him checking out his worthiness for their friend.

“You must be the new man,” Faith held out her free hand to shake.

“You must be Faith.” Spike smiled as he shook her hand.

“Oh, I love that song too. ‘You gotta have faith, faith, faith.’” Buffy tried to break herself free from her and start to dance.

Who knew that once she had had a couple of drinks in her, Buffy suddenly became her own walking talking karaoke bar.

“Hi, I’m Anya.” Spike shook her hand, “I don’t know what Buffy is so worried about. I would love to get all groiny with you.”

“What?” He was confused.

“Forgive Anya, her brain and mouth work in two separate time zones. I’m Willow,” the pretty red head introduced herself.

“Pleased to meet you ladies,” he looked over at Buffy who was still happily singing the words to George Michaels ‘Faith’.

“So, what was the reason for all this drunken debauchery then?” He asked.

“Well, Buffy was freaking out that she had to have s--” Anya started.

“Salad,” Willow jumped in, she was sure that Buffy did not want to share her insecurities with her co-star come boyfriend.

“What?”

“Salad, she hates lettuce and the director told her she had to eat more salad. She thought he was saying she was fat and sorrow and drunkenness followed,” Willow prayed that he was buying it.

“That’s ridiculous; she doesn’t need to go on a diet.” He frowned at the thought. “I will speak to him about it tomorrow.”

“She’s all yours man. I took the liberty of ringing Dawn and telling her that Buffy won’t be home tonight,” she unhooked Buffy’s arm from around her shoulders as Spike took up the other arm around his.

“You did what?” He asked. He had planned to take her to her home. Taking her back to his place could make things complicated.

“Well, I thought she would want to stay at your place anyway and I knew she would not want Dawn to see her in this state. If you have a problem with that, I can always take her home with me?” Faith looked at him questioningly.

‘What could he do? Backed into a nice little corner he was. If he told Faith she could not stay then she might get suspicious and blow their cover.

“No, no problem,” he sighed as he placed her in the car. “But, if she hurls; you’re pay for half the cleaning.”

Faith laughed as she hopped in her cab.

“Don’t cha?”

Buffy rolled her head to the side trying the focus on Spike. He kept moving. At least she thought he was moving, maybe she was moving. It was all very confusing and nauseating at the same time. She rolled her head back and looked up.

“Spike, I don’t want you to panic, but the roof of your car is missing.” She could see the night sky whizzing by her. She reached both arms up trying to catch the stars.

“I won’t panic. It’s a convertible love.” He laughed.

“I like the sound of that.” She smiled back at him.

“You should get one for yourself. I hate to sound cliché, but I do love the wind through my hair.” Buffy reached over and ran her hands through his hair; a shiver running through his body closely followed it.

“As if the wind could blow through your hair,” she ruffled the locks. “Why do you slick it back anyways? It looks way cuter all ruffled.”

Mental note, ease back on the hair products. Spike took a deep breath. He would not take advantage of the situation. He could not pin his hopes on her drunken rambling’s.

“Thanks for the tip,” he responded.

“Anyways, I wasn’t talking about the car. I’m not a boy you know.” She pulled down the visor and looked in the mirror to reapply her lips gloss, in what he was sure was her way of emphasising her point.

If there was something in this world he knew with 100% certainty, it was that Buffy Summers was not a boy, not even a girl. She was a woman, one that was driving him insane and he loved the ride.

“I don’t have to have a big sexy car to prove how much of a man I am.” She pressed her lips together.

“And I guess all the Prada shoes and bags you wear are just because they match the outfit.” He quipped.

“Hey, I am a public person. I have to look good for the job, if not for anything else.” She pouted.

“Trust me, you would look good, public person or not love.”

She looked over at him. Had he always been this good looking? Yes, he had. She knew that for sure. Had it always affected her the way it was at the moment? She was not so sure.

“That’s what I like, not the car. Love. I like it when you call me love.” She looked over at him with new eyes; sure, they were slightly inebriated eyes. However, sober or drunk she could not deny her growing attraction towards him.

“Your eyes are blue.”

“I know pet.”

“No, I mean they are the most amazing blue I have ever seen.”

She gave him a look that was slowly bringing him undone. He turned his attention back to the road, tried to get a hold of himself and steer into safer waters before he got them both into trouble.

“So, are you sure you don’t want to go home?” He kept his eyes on the road waiting for her answer.

“Buffy, love, do you want me to take you home?” He looked over to see Buffy passed out.

“I will take that as a no then.”