AN: Sorry for the delay. Finishing one fic and starting another took more time than i thought it would. Hopefully it is worth the wait. Thanks to everyone for all your feedback. Want to say a big thank you to Angelic Amy for all her help with this fic


Buffy did not know why the club’s thumping bass was still reverberating through her head as she woke up.

‘Did I fall asleep in the club?’ She opened one eye. She was not in a club, she was in a bedroom, but not her own. She sat bolt upright as she realised she had no idea where she was. She looked under the sheet and her clothes were still on. That was a plus. She tried to remember the previous night’s events. As the pieces started fitting back into her memory, a sickening feeling settled in her stomach that had nothing to do with all the alcohol she had consumed.

“Spike,” she sighed as she threw herself back down on the bed.

“You rang,” he appeared in the doorway carrying a tray. The tray contained coffee and the universal hang over cure of bacon, eggs and hash browns and a bottle of Tylenol.

“How did I end up here?” she asked as he came and sat the tray on the end of her bed.

“You are welcome,” he remarked as he gestured to the tray.

She wanted to stay angry but her body craved the breakfast that was before her. She sat back up and picked up a piece of toast.

“Thanks,” she broke off a piece and popped it in her mouth. “So how did I end up here?” she asked shyly. Buffy hated the fact she could not remember. She was all about the control. She could not afford to loose it. She had family to consider.

“Dawn,” she scrambled to find her cell to call, “She will be sick with worry. I have to call her.” Spike placed his hand on her arm to still her. Buffy tried to ignore the butterflies that suddenly had taken up residency in her stomach.

“Don’t panic love, Faith called her, told her you were coming here.” Buffy was confused by why she would do that.

“She thought you would not want to her to see you in your drunken state.”

“Oh,” she had many questions running around in her head. She thought the best place to start was with a cup of coffee.

“Why didn’t you take me home last night?”

“I was going to, but Faith thought it would be better if you stayed with me.” She looked confused. “I didn’t want to push the issue and make her suspicious.”

“Oh, I guess that makes sense.” She opened the painkillers and took two. “I should not drink, me and alcohol does not mix.”

“So why did you feel the need to jump into the bottle of tequila last night?” he asked.

“Oh, Willow had a bad day at work,” she searched for a reason anything was better than the truth. “So we all went out in sympathy with her.”

Spike was not buying it. He knew Willow’s excuse last night was sketchy at best, but Buffy’s lie just confirmed it.

“Really when I met her she seemed quite sober,” he remarked. “In fact I think she drove Faith home.”

Buffy looked away nervously, “Well, not everyone can hold their drink as well as me.”

He could not help but laugh at that. “I guess you don’t remember the impromptu karaoke session in my car last night.” Her eyes widened in shock. He leaned forward; he was so close he could smell the freshly brewed coffee. “Amongst other things,” he leered.

“I don’t believe you,” she said defiantly as she searched her brain for any sexed filled memories. She was coming up blank. She pushed away her pang of disappointment.

“Got me there, pet. I was a perfect gentleman.” He held up three fingers, “Scouts honour.” He got up off the bed. “Not that you didn’t give me enough chances.” The look of shock and shame that was painted across her face was priceless. However, it was quickly replaced by a look of anger.

“I did not and would not ever offer myself to you in that way Spike,” she got out of bed and faced him. “You are nothing to me; you are a means to and end.”

“Still doesn’t mean you don’t want it,” he inched towards her. “My end that is.”

“You’re a pig Spike.” She started to leave when he stopped her.

“I didn’t have to pick up your drunk ass last night. I had better things I could have been doing.” He crossed his arms over his chest not giving up with out a fight.

“What a Passions marathon?”

“A thank you would not be out of place here. I helped you out last night and breakfast this morning. I don’t do that for just anyone you know.” It was true Dru rarely stayed over and if she did, she always left before he had woken up.

She looked down at the tray on the bed. He had gone to so much trouble. If it had been anyone else, she would have been touched. However, it was not someone else, it was Spike and he could not, would not touch her either by breakfast in bed or any other way. She was confused as to why he was going to all this trouble. She was not one of his women and was never going to be. Why was he wasting his time on her?

“Why are you being so nice to me?” she asked.

He was expecting the next round of verbal abuse. Her question came as a shock to him.

“I don’t know," he inched forward and swept a stray curl behind her ear. “You make me want to be nice,” he moved closer.

Buffy felt the air leave the room as he moved closer towards her. He was going to kiss her, no reporters to fool or front-page story to create. A real kiss. Kissing for kissing’s sake. She could feel his breath on her lips. Things were getting too complicated, grey areas were slipping into her life. She needed black and white, not grey.

She pushed him away, grabbed her bag, and stormed out.