AN:Ok guys sorry for the delay in chapters for some reason could not get into the groove of this one but never fear i am back on track. Also want to say a big thank you to the kind person who has nominated this fic at the Spuffy awards. Enjoy


Buffy sat at the lunch table tucking into her Caesar Salad. She was in between takes and enjoying not being in front of the ever-present green screen. Spike however, still had some close-ups. As she had a few moments to herself, she reflected over the last few days.

Since their truce, Buffy and Spike settled into a nice routine. In between takes, they would go back to Spike’s trailer to run lines, eat lunch and catch up on the latest episode of Passions.

Of course, the rumour mill on set was running over time. Whispers of lover’s trysts in the middle of the day made Buffy laugh. The truth was that the most passionate thing happening in the trailer was debates over little Timmy’s latest scheme.

However, there was still something weighing heavily on Buffy’s mind. Tomorrow they would be filming their “love scene”. On one hand she wanted to appear at ease with the whole scenario, as if she did love scenes every other day. The truth was she had never done anything like this before. A PG rated kiss here and there on the TV show but nothing where actual clothing was removed. Just that thought alone terrified her. The fact she had to remove clothing in front of Spike made her head spin and not in a good way.

She had checked her contract and she had stupidly not added in a nudity clause that she had not seen the need for. How nude did you have to be on the set of a sci-fi film? Unfortunately, she would soon be finding out.

“You look like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders,” Spike said as he made his way over to her table. “Penny for them?”

“What?” she shook thoughts of Spike and removing of clothing from her mind.

“Your thoughts, a penny,” Buffy continued to look confused. “Never mind. What’s up pet?”

She sighed as she pushed her salad around the plate. “Nothing.”

Spike laughed at her response. “For an actress, you are a surprisingly bad liar.”

Buffy looked up at him and smiled. In the short time they had spent together, they had developed an ability to read one another. It was a great help during filming being able to help the other’s performance. Nevertheless, the way Spike used it against her all the other times drove her crazy.

She did not want to tell him how nervous she was, but Buffy knew he would take one look at her on that day and know exactly what was up. The whole day was going to be uncomfortable for them both. The least she could do was tell him why she was so nervous.

“About tomorrow,” she started. Spike knew exactly what she meant as he nervously ran his hand through his hair.

“Yes, what about it?” he asked.

She looked away from him she could not do this with him staring at her like that. She took a deep breath and just let all her words and fears spill out. It was better he laugh at her now and not in a room full of people tomorrow.

“It’s just that, well I don’t know what to expect. I mean I know what the script says we have to do. I know all that part, it’s the other part,” she looked up at him expecting to see a smirk on his face and mocking in his eyes. She saw none of the above they was he was looking at her with such intensity she almost wished for the mocking.

“Other part pet?”

“Well, let’s just say all my intimate encounters have never been filmed for a movie. They have been up until this time, funnily enough a private performance. I mean not that I put on some kind of performance.” Her cheeks were starting to turn red now.

Spike had seen Buffy go from beautiful to stunning before but looking at her now, she looked a cute as he had ever seen. He stopped staring and pulled his thoughts back to the question at hand.

“Well for one, it will be a closed set, just in case you thought every Tom, Dick and Harry within a ten mile radius was going to turn up.” Her giggle told him he was making her feel more comfortable.

“And I will of course be a perfect gentleman the whole time,” his smirk gave him away.

“I doubt you know how a perfect gentleman behaves Spike.”

“Hey, I take offence at that. I will have you know that I was raised in the land of perfect gentlemen,” he sat up and straightened his space suit as way of proving his point.

“What I mean is there will be no peaking on my part. I will keep a professional distance,” his words were sincere.

“Isn’t that going to be hard seeing as though we will both be half naked with our tongues down each other’s throats and who knows where else.” Spike could sense her anxiety rising. He took hold of her shoulders and pulled her around to face him.

“Listen, it is going to be okay. Sure, it will be a little awkward at first but if you trust me, you will be fine. I won’t peek, won’t stay longer than required and won’t take any enjoyment from the experience at all.” He could see her nerves disappearing.

“I don’t know whether to take that as a compliment or not.”

“Take what as a compliment?” he asked

“The not enjoying it part.” The blush that crept over her face made him smile.

“Trust me love, it will be the best acting I have ever done.”

“Thank you Spike, I felt silly being nervous and was afraid I might freeze up and ruin the movie,” she looked away from him and began eating her lunch.

“My pleasure pet. Of course there is another way to get over the nerves.”

“What’s that?”

“Rehearsal,” she slapped him playfully on the shoulder and laughed.

“I don’t think so Spike.”