Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to eveyone who is enjoying this fic.
She hated this part.

Whilst Buffy loved acting and making movies, she hated this part. The waiting around between shots, waiting for the lighting, sound to be just right and she hated the fact she had to spend most of her time waiting with Spike.

They were currently standing in front of a large blue screen, which they had been told by the director would be filled with images of Mars. The planet they were in the process of protecting.

The first week of shooting had been going well and gossip on the set was already centring on the two blonde stars that seemed to have as much chemistry on screen as off.

She looked at him and tried hard not to laugh. “The Space Identity” was a futuristic thriller. This meant that Spike was currently dressed in a silver jumpsuit, which looked like Liberace’s costumer designer had designed it.

“Nice space suit.”

“Shut up. I thought I was going to be all rugged like Han Solo, not dressed like a reject from Studio 54. I look like a disco ball threw up on me.”

His pants were made from a heavy silver fabric and his shirt was a tight fitting black number with a nice big v-neck. It showed off his nicely toned torso, not that Buffy was looking of course.

“Next time I sign a contract pet, remind me I want sign off on all wardrobe choices,” she laughed.

“At least you don’t have to wax to wear your costume.” She looked down at her barley there space suit. She was sure she had seen something similar in the last Victoria’s Secret catalogue.

“I may not know much about space travel, but I am pretty sure that in the year 2050 female astronauts won’t be running around the red planet in outfits that are a scrap of material away from bra and panties.” She said as she adjusted herself back into the costume for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

Spike was trying hard not to stare, but the barley there space suit Buffy was currently wearing was not helping the situation. No matter how hard he tried, his eyes kept going to places he knew he should not be looking.

“At least when the shoot is finished, I will have a new set of underwear.”

The thought of Buffy in a pair of underwear suddenly made the sound stage they were on very hot. Before he got himself into some serious trouble, he changed the subject.

“So pet, Xander told me about this party tonight.” He was trying to sound casual.

“Yeah, Giles called me this morning about it too.” Buffy sounded as excited about it as she would a root canal.

“Don’t sound so excited pet. You will have a great time with all the free food and drinks you can handle. This is quite ironic seeing as though everyone there can afford all the food and drink they could handle anyway.”

That part of being a celebrity always fascinated Spike. All the years he had scrimped and saved as he tried to get his big break, now that he had the money people gave him free things left and right.

“No drink for me. Alcohol and me are unmixy things. Come to think of it. Parties and me are unmixy things too. Can’t we both stay at home and tell Giles and Xander that we caught some stomach bug on set?

” His eyes lit up at the thought.

“No pet, they would see right through it. Think of the bigger picture. No pun intended.”

Buffy laughed at the lame joke. “You’re right.”

“So, I guess it’s our first date then,” he joked.

Spike saw the look of anxiety flash across her face and he could not help but feel a little hurt. He knew he was not the best-looking guy around, that was what Brad Pitt was for. However, he did not think he was that bad either. He looked down at his costume, blinded momentarily by the shiny appearance. ‘Even Brad Pitt would look bad in this.’

“I guess we do need to start our “relationship” sometime. I will just have to make sure my sister is ok at home tonight.” She sighed.

Buffy was really dreading this plan. However, she knew she did not really have a choice. She needed to raise her profile in order to get the better roles. There was more at stake than any of them, especially Spike, knew. Nevertheless, it was a double-edged sword. She had worked so hard for all these years, trying to keep the publicity and gossip out of her life. She was afraid that if she let them in a little, she could not stop them from pushing their way into her life completely and that could not happen.

The more Spike had thought about it, the more he liked this plan. Nothing would get Dru’s blood boiling than to see him with someone like Buffy. She was the complete opposite of her. The blonde hair and all-American looks were very different from the un-dead wannabe look that Dru was famous for. The best part was that Dru would see he was happy. Sure, the happiness was fake, but Dru loved to keep him miserable. She got off on it in a way. To see the two of them hand in hand blissfully happy would send her around the bend. Something about the image of Buffy and himself walking hand in hand, laughing, having a good time made his pulse quicken. He quickly shrugged the feeling away.

“So, what time should I pick you up? I think Xander said it started around eight.” His voice broke her from her thoughts.

“No. How about I get the car to pick you up, I mean it’s not like a real date or anything. I can pick you up say around 7:45.”

Her words came out harsher than she had meant them to be. While she was quite willing to pretend to have Spike in her life, yet the idea of actually letting him made her panic.

“Sure, pet if that’s what you want.” Spike tried to hide the disappointment in his voice.

“Ok, people places. Let’s get ready for the shot,” the director’s voice broke them out of their conversation.

“That’s our cue.”

As they started their scene, Buffy wondered if their performance at the party tonight would be as convincing as the one they were doing right know. In addition, why did she have a feeling in the pit of her stomach that was telling her that she really did not need to act at all?