Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed and supported this fic. Enjoy
“Spuffy.”

“What, with the who?”

“Spuffy, that’s what everyone is calling us love.”

Buffy stared at him blankly as he pulled up a seat beside her at the craft service’s table.

“You know, TomKat, Bennifer, Brangelina and Bennifer. We are Spuffy.”

“We are nothing, but you are crazy,” she laughed as she ate some more of her salad.

She looked across at him. She had been filming close ups all morning, this was the first time she had had a chance to speak to him about the package he had sent to her.

“Spike about the--” she started.

“You look good.”

His words started her, what did he mean by that? Buffy looked down at her costume, the same one she had worn everyday of the shoot. Why today did she look good and when did she start looking for hidden meanings in what he said. ‘Oh, that’s right since he sent you half a diamond mine with no reason.’ Maybe the jewellery was a part of a plan to seduce her along with the sudden flurry of compliments.

In addition, what if it was a plan to seduce her? Would she go along with it? She would be lying to herself if she did not admit that a tiny part of her had hoped that it was real. Sometimes she would look into those blue eyes that would not quit and get lost. Lost to a place that the diamonds, the window-shopping, the holding hands were all real.

“Thanks, I think.” Still not sure on how to take his kind words.

“No, I didn’t mean now,” he saw hurt flash across her face. “Although you do look fantastic. What I meant was you look good in the photo’s pet,” he dropped the latest copy of US Weekly down in front of her.

On the cover was a picture from their outing. They were walking down the street holding hands. Spike was smiling at her and she was laughing at something he had just said. They looked like the perfect couple. Underneath was the headline “SPUFFY LOVE?”

‘Good question,’ they both thought.

One that Buffy had been asking since that dammed present turned up on her doorstep. ‘What did it mean? Was it a present? Maybe she had misinterpreted what he meant when he said pick one, maybe she had to pay him back. Did he feel sorry for her? After telling him the tale of woe that was her life, maybe he took pity on her. Pity that was it. Did a guy buy you diamonds because he felt sorry for you?’ Her head was starting to spin with all the questions. There was only one way to find out.

“So Spike, I got your package yesterday,” he looked up from his lunch.

“Oh yeah,” she looked at him in need of further explanation.

“About that. When I got home, I thought if they had taken photos of us in front of the store you would want something to show for it.” She looked at him puzzled, not quite sure of the answer she was hoping, no expecting from him.

“Why would I need something to show for it?” she asked.

‘Damn, why did this bird have to be so smart? What was he supposed to do give the real reason? He did not want to give her the real reason. That being that he wanted her to have them. He wanted to see the look of joy and awe on her face as she wore them. Wanted to give her some happiness in her life. To see her eyes sparkle just like the diamonds he had bought her, because he wanted to. Because he liked the way he felt when he was with her. The things she made him do, think to do, want to be a better man for her.’

“Well in case you were asked in an interview what I bought you.” He hoped she was buying it. He was also hoping his heart was buying it too.

“Ok, you didn’t have to do that. I mean we could have made something up.”

“I can take them back if it makes you feel better about it. Have some feminist thing against a bloke buying you presents,” he was trying but failing by not sounding hurt by her words.

“No, I just meant they were an expensive gift you didn’t have to buy. Thank you. I love them.” She placed her hand over his. He could tell the thank you was genuine.

‘Keep looking at me like that love and I would give you the world if I had it,’ he thought. Then berated himself, why did he keep doing this. He kept falling for the girl, one look into a pretty young thing's eyes and he was gone. However, he knew it was more than that. As famous and as jaded as he was. Feelings were feelings and they did not care if you were rich famous or falling in love with your co-star.

“Guys, I am glad you are here together,” Gary the Assistant Director came up behind them. “Need to go through some script changes.”

Buffy had gotten used to this, no matter how many times she turned up to a shoot with her lines memorised. There were always changes. Gary handed them the new pages. As Buffy scanned them, she felt sick.

“In light of recent developments we have decided to add a couple of extra scenes.”

~

“Giles I won’t do it,” Buffy paced frantically around her trailer as she yelled into her cell phone. “They can’t change the movie this way. It’s not what I signed on for.”

“I understand that, but in light of recent events, they feel this would hope to boost viewer interest, please try and look at the bigger picture.” Giles tried to reason.

“Giles all I ever do is look at the bigger picture. That’s what got me in this mess in the first place. What about the small picture Giles? The one that has me half naked and doing a sex scene with Spike?”

He really had no good answer to that one.

AN: This fic has been nominated at the Fool for Love awards http://community.livejournal.com/_fool_for_love_/ . Check out the the site and nominate your favourite fics. Nominations close soon so don't delay!