Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks everyone for your reviews. I am glad you are enjoying it. A big thanks to whomever nominated it at the Fool For Love awards. Enjoy
“So what are you going to do?”

Buffy took another shot of tequila from Faith and shot it into her mouth.

“Get blind drunk,” she replied as she swallowed the harsh liquid.

“Well I can see that,” Faith took the empty glass and handed her another “I was talking about the sex scene. What are you going to do about that?”

“Get blind drunk,” she replied as she took the shot swallowed it back.

Buffy had called Faith from the set, moving their weekly Friday night drinks up to Monday, in response to the new development. They were currently waiting at the Bronze for the rest of their friends to arrive.

“I don’t understand the problem B. I thought you were getting all hot and heavy off camera. What is the difference if you have to do it in front of it as well?”

Buffy flinched as Faith asked the question. She wanted to tell her the truth, but the deal was no one except Giles and Xander could know about the true status of their “relationship”. All it would take would be one comment from a source close to the couple. In addition, the press would cast doubt the validity their romance and all their good work would be undone.

“It’s just that,” she searched her increasingly fuzzy mind for a good excuse. “I’m uncomfortable being intimate with Spike around other people.” She hoped that sounded convincing.

Faith handed her another shot as the rest of the gang entered the bar. Well, it was not so much of a gang, just Willow and Anya. She had met them at her first job. Not an acting role, but that of a waitress. The group had bonded over rude customers and lousy tips; even though all had moved onto bigger and better things, their friendship had remained strong.

“Buffy, I saw you and Spike in the magazines and I know how long it’s been since you have had sex. So, I bought you a present to help you get back on the horse,” she handed Buffy her gift.

“It’s not a vibrator is it?” She asked cautiously as she started to unwrap it.

“No, that’s getting back on the mechanical bull,” Anya explained

“I guess you are right about that.” Buffy laughed as she tore the paper away.

“They are ribbed for your pleasure. Although looking at Spike, I am sure he is already ribbed for your pleasure.” Everyone groaned, as much as they were used to Anya’s outbursts, sometimes she crossed the line.

“So what is the reason for the emergency girl’s night?” Willow asked as she sat down at the bar next to Buffy. “We are already up to tequila. This can’t be good.”

“They gave me some more scenes,” Buffy explained.

“So, it’s not a crisis then. This is celebratory drunkenness. Great count me in.” Anya grabbed one of the many shots that were lined up on the bar.

“More scenes, that’s good sweetie. More scenes, equals more exposure. What’s wrong with that?” Willow asked.

“More exposure is right.” Faith smirked. “Tell them B, otherwise I will.”

“Due to recent developments in our relationship, they wrote us some extra scenes, sex scenes.” She groaned as her head fell forward and hit the bar.

“I do not see the problem here. You are paid to get all groiny with your hot boyfriend and are paid to do it. I would kill for that job,” Anya shrugged. She could not see what the problem was.

“Yeah, there is a name for getting paid to have sex Anya. It’s called prostitution.”

“Not in LA honey, it’s called acting,” Faith replied.

~

Spike sat on his balcony and looked over the Hollywood hills. He took a drag of his cigarette and sighed as he exhaled the plume of smoke. He looked down at his hands; they were shaking.

He was nervous; he should have been happy, ecstatic even. To the outside world, he had it all, the fame, the fortune and a hot co-star. Who would not want to do a love scene with one of the hottest women in Hollywood? That would be Spike. He had paled when he got the new pages, a love scene. Could things get any worse?

He was struggling, as it was to keep his feelings in check. The lines between fact and fiction were no longer so clear to him. Their fake relationship was stirring less than fake feelings within him. The closest that had come to was hand holding. His attraction would be a lot harder to hide when all that would be separating them was a modesty pouch.

He wanted to kiss her, had wanted to ever since she turned up on his doorstep dressed up for the party. In fact, if he was to be honest with himself, he had wanted to kiss her from the first time they had met.

However, he did not want it to be this way. Under the scrutiny of an entire film crew having directions shouted out from the director on what should be done and when. He wanted it to be intimate, to be about the two of them, not some fictional characters in a stupid film. When he would think about making love to her, it was in his bed not one on the filmset. He wanted it to be real, not fake.

Moreover, that is where the problem laid. It was not real, sex scene or not, what they had was a sham. What he wanted was real. He wanted the shopping trips, the holding hands, the parties, he wanted to do it all and he wanted to do it with Buffy beside him.

The ringing of his cell broke him from his thoughts

~

“So what are we going to do?” Willow asked as she tried to help a very drunk Buffy from the dance floor. After a rousing dance performance of Cher’s “If I Could Turn Back Time”, they had decided as a group it was time for her to go home.

“We should call her a taxi.” Anya answered as she took her cell out of her bag. Faith stopped her and grabbed Buffy’s purse.

“I’ve got a better idea,” she said as she took Buffy’s cell out and searched its directory until she found what she was looking for. She waited until the person at the other end picked up and handed the phone to her.

“Hey B, call for you.”

Buffy grabbed for the phone.

“Hello, who is this?” she asked.

“It’s Spike. Buffy is that you?”