Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to thank you all that have read and reviewed this story. Thank you all so much. I had thought of trying to make more chapters, but I really felt that their story had really been told and it was time to move it forward -- just a snippet of the future.
Image hosting by Photobucket


Three years later

Standing in the middle of the attic, Buffy bit her bottom lip and pondered where to put the new influx of boxes. Turning slowly in a circle, taking in the boxes that seemed to have multiplied over the years, her eyes fell on the distant corner of the room.

Doyle’s things sat there; in the same home as after he’d passed.

Gliding forward, a small smile graced her lips and she knelt before the box of photos and opened it, taking an album out. She flipped through the pages, memories rushing back to her, memories she never forget, but didn’t dwell on the way she had once upon a time. Not that she didn’t miss him, she did, she always would, but it was different now. She could look back on memories of Doyle with a smile, think about those good times they’d had and not sob at the drop of a hat over them.

“There you are.”

Looking up, Buffy smiled at Spike who was making his way to her.

He kept his gaze trained on hers and sat down next to her. “Thought you’d got lost up here, pet,” he told her.

“I got distracted,” she said nodding to the photo album.

He nodded and looked down at the picture she’d fell on, a picture of Doyle smiling simply at the camera.

“Hey fella,” Spike said to the picture. He said it easily, as if he and Doyle were best friends and had just spoken the day before. She remembered the day she’d brought him to Doyle’s grave to ‘introduce’ him for the first time. He’d wanted to go when they’d first gotten together, but after finding out he had the man’s heart, that had made Spike a little gun shy about it. He wanted to do it, but he was still nervous about it. As he had explained to Buffy, he not only had the man’s heart (to which she said the heart was his), but he had the man’s girl too. However, once he got going, Spike was chatting away to Doyle with ease. And, he’d accompanied her since then when she visited to plant new plants or just to check in and say hi. He even asked Doyle’s advice on a few occasions on how to handle her. Not a good thing to do when she was standing right there, but she supposed that was his whole point.

“You don’t mind?”

He shook his head, “Why would I mind, kitten?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“Sides, this is where it all started, wasn’t it?”

“Yes,” she agreed, “It is. Up here in the attic.”

“When Anya brought me home.”

She smiled at that and rested her head on his shoulder. “Did you get to see Justin Junior when she stopped by?”

“Nope, he was in his car seat, napping. Justin senior was with him. She said she’d come in and have a cuppa later with you.”

“She so different now,” Buffy mused. “Who ever would have thought that Anya would have settled down? She’s married now. She has a kid.”

Spike nodded, “Yep, and her kid and our kid play together.”

Buffy smiled, “Maybe they’ll –“

“Don’t say it. While I’m glad that Anya grew up and got over us being together – while I’m even gladder that you made her grovel in order to win your forgiveness, I do not want our Madison having Anya as a mother-in-law. She might have backed off from controlling you, but something tells me she won’t be so kind to Maddy.”

“I think Maddy can hold her own.”

“You are her mother so yeah, anything’s possible.”

Buffy swatted him playfully, “Hey, you give as good as you get, mister.”

He grinned and tilted her face up to his. “I sure do,” he murmured and kissed her sweetly. “I ever tell you how I wanted to take you in my arms the first time I saw you up here?”

She shook her head, “No, you didn’t.”

“I did.”

Leaning up, she kissed him sweetly and murmured against his lips. “So, we have the house to ourselves for a few hours?”

He nipped at her lips and grinned, “We’re supposed to be bringing up Maddy’s baby clothes.”

“So you don’t want to have your wicked way with your wife?”

“Oh you know I do,” he said huskily and jumped to his feet, hauling her up.

They rushed to their bedroom, which had once been the ‘forbidden’ room; Doyle’s and Buffy’s room. Now it was “Mommy and Daddy’s room”. They’d redone it together, adding their own special touches together, and making it theirs. Guilt obliterated, it was their room. The guest room had been made into a nursery for Maddy, and, hopefully one day in the future – if Spike had his way – their future son. He wanted more than two kids and was hoping to convince Buffy of that, and if he succeeded, he would have to set about convincing her that they were going to need a bigger house.

Right now though, he wanted to focus on his sweet wife, and making love to her.

“Now,” he moaned, as tore her panties away and dived between her spread legs to make love to her with his mouth, “That’s what I’m talking about.”

She giggled and ran her fingers through his curls. Within seconds, she was close to the edge, but he wanted inside her first. Discarding his pants quickly and tossing off his shirt with ease, he pulled her sundress up and off and sank easily inside her warmth.

She let out a contented sigh and wrapped her arms around him. “Mmmm…” she moaned, “I love you.”

“I love you too, Princess.”

She wrinkled her nose and then moaned as he angled his hips just so and hit her g-spot. He was really good at that.

“What was that look for?” he asked, on a slight grunt.

“You call Maddy ‘Princess’. That didn’t sit well.”

Chuckling, he thrust forward again, causing them both to groan.

“My heart? My love? My girl?” he murmured, peppering her face with kisses.

“All of the above,” she whispered and came apart in his arms.

Following soon after, Spike collapsed against her and then immediately rolled them to their sides, where he kept them joined.

“So,” he began, Eskimo-kissing her, “What do you say about having another one?”