Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the awesome reviews. I really appreciate those of you who took the time to give such great feedback Here is another chapter to wet your appetites. It's pretty long and I hope it holds your attention.
Chapter 10-Surprise

Elizabeth felt a warm hand caress the side of her face then the side of her neck, wakening her skin to a tingling awareness. She moaned. A small smile appeared on her face. She reached out and touched the large hand that was touching her, guiding it to her lips. She kissed the back then the front of the hand before placing the index finger inside her mouth, lightly sucking it before moving on to the next one and the next until she had caressed the entire hand with her sensual kisses. Slowly awakening from her slumber; she guided the hand to one of her breast, moaning her pleasure as she turned over from her side onto her back. She wanted him…she always wanted him. Her other hand searched his jean clad lap, finding his erection. She rubbed along its length.

“Elizabeth” She heard him whisper. It was a voice she didn’t expect to hear. She opened her eyes and to her surprise and disappointment, she wasn’t in bed with Spike. Liam was home. She removed her hand from his crotch and set up against the headboard of her bed causing his hand to slip from her swelling breast.

“No don’t stop that feels good.” Liam whispered. His eyes were still closed. He was so caught up in the moment from his fiancé’s much needed touch; he hadn’t realized his hand was no longer on her breast.

No longer in the mood FOR HIM, Elizabeth folded her arms in front of her creating a barrier between them. “Liam” She said sounding like a stern mother.

He opened his eyes. “Why did you stop?” He was breathing hard.

“I’m not in the mood anymore.” She snapped.

He arched a brow at her. “You could have fooled me and what’s with the attitude? I thought you would be happy to see me.”

“And I thought you weren’t coming for another week.”

Liam was surprised she wasn’t happy to see him especially since her mother said Elizabeth seemed depressed and constantly talked about how much she missed him. He was confused but he couldn’t tell her the truth because he promised her mother he would not tell Elizabeth how Joyce begged him to find a way to come home sooner.

Elizabeth hadn’t realized she was irritated. Maybe it was because she wasn’t in the presence of a certain blonde person. With Liam being home, it would be harder for her to get away even though she told Willow she wouldn’t see Spike again once Liam returned home. She did enjoy spending time with Liam but she wanted to be better prepared to see him and at least have one last romp with Spike before she had to wean herself off of him. Quickly, she changed her mood forcing a smile. “Of course, I am silly”. She lied. “You just surprised me. I was in a deep sleep.”

Liam chuckled. “You had to be because for a moment, I thought maybe you were thinking I was somebody else.”

Elizabeth frowned. He was right but she had to react to what he said. She leaned over and hit him in the arm. “What the hell gave you that idea?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know…you seemed different.” By different, Liam meant she was very bold in her actions and would go as far as to say aggressive even. When it came to sex, Elizabeth was passive. If he didn’t initiate sex between them, then they would never have sex at all. “I wasn’t touching you that long before you started getting sexual with me. You’ve never done anything like that before. “I” Liam hesitated. “I really liked it.”

Elizabeth smiled. The smile was genuine.

“I think I will be waking you up like that more often.” He leaned into her. “And I also think we need to pick up where we left off. Now I think your hand was here.” He grabbed her hand and placed it back on his semi-erect penis. “And my hand was about here”. He placed his large hand back on her right breast.

Elizabeth quickly pulled her hand away. “Liam no.”

Liam wasn’t one for begging but the last time they made love was the night before she left to go home. He had to stay to finish out his internship. “But I want you so bad. It’s driving me nuts.”

“This is my parent’s house.”

Liam gave her a confused look. “So, we’ve done it here plenty of times.”

“Yeah, when they weren’t home” Elizabeth bit her lower lip. She was losing the argument and trying to think of something else more convincing to say because she didn’t want to have sex with Liam. “And…and” She stuttered then grasped at the first lame excuse that came to mind. “I think we should wait until the honeymoon.”

Liam was speechless for a moment, looking at Elizabeth like she had two heads. “Please tell me you’re joking…I’m sitting here with a hard on and you want to wait.

She gave him a weak smile. “Well I feel like being old fashioned.” Elizabeth could tell Liam was about to object. She pouted her lips. “Please Angel for me.”

Liam groaned. He loved it when Elizabeth called him Angel and knew he couldn’t refuse her. He huffed. He would just have to suffer for the next two weeks without getting any.

“Soon I’ll be yours completely and I promise to make it worth your while.”

“You better.”

Elizabeth perked up. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. “So tell me, how did everything go?”

“Great…my boss wrote me one hell of a recommendation and promised me a job when I finish school and I’m considering it.”

Elizabeth frowned at his statement. “But I thought we decided to settle on the east coast. I’m sure the offers will be pouring in from fortune 500 companies.”

“I’ve decided we are going to stay in California.”

“Oh you decided…so what about me…don’t I get a say in this?”

“Of course you do honey but think about it. Staying in California is ideal for us. All of your friends and family are here and you can’t beat the climate. We don’t have to worry about buying a house. We can live in your grandmother’s house. It’s going to be yours in two more years but we’re going to have to decorate it…that place looks like a museum…I’ll have our mothers collaborate with a decorator.”

So what if Liam had a point. Elizabeth didn’t want to live in California anymore. She’d had enough of her mother and as for her friends; well they certainly had the means to come visit her whenever they wanted. Elizabeth wanted a fresh start and a new life in Boston or New York, making new friends and having new experiences, not the same life she wanted to leave behind once they were married. Elizabeth shut down and tuned him out. All she could hear were bits and pieces of a conversation she wanted no part of. The more Liam talked the more he sounded like her mother. We are so not staying in California. I just can’t deal right now so I’ll let him think he has the final decision.

Liam noticed the distant look in Elizabeth’s eyes. He touched her hand. “Elizabeth so I’ll pick you up about eight.”

She looked at him. “Huh…I’m sorry what did you say?”

“Eight o’clock me, you, Lindsay and few others are going to that new club that opened up….sort of a guys and girls bachlorette thing.”

“Yeah sure…I’ll check to see if any of the girls want to go.”

“Hadn’t you been listening…I have already arranged it before I got here.”

“Oh…oh okay… but I just thought you would probably want to relax and slowly work your way back into things and maybe do something low key just you and I.”

“You’re not the only person I missed while I was away. I can’t wait to reconnect with everyone again and since I want be spending any time with you between the sheets. I need to channel this pent up sexual energy somewhere else…cock tease.”

Elizabeth playfully kicked at him. “Get out of my room so I can get ready for breakfast.”

“Okay, I’ll see you downstairs and take your time. I need to do some catching up with your family anyway.”

There was no surprise there. Elizabeth’s parents adored Liam and his father was a close business partner and friends for many years. She swears their families schemed and plotted from day one to get them together and they didn’t have to work hard at it. She fell for Liam the moment his family visited them at their family estate the day they arrived in Sunnydale.

*~~*

“Eight ball in the corner pocket” Xander said to Spike as he aimed the white pool ball at the black and white ball and shot. He missed. “Damn it.”

“Eight ball in the corner pocket, Spike said. He took the shoot and made it. He smiled. “Looks like you owe me another beer mate.”

“Rack them up again and I’ll be right back.” Xander replied as he walked towards the bar. As soon as he rounded the corner, he bumped into Cordelia. “Cordy!” he shouted. “What are you doing here?”

Cordelia frowned. She hated when he called her Cordy. “It’s Cordelia and this is a public place.” She flipped her hair over her shoulder.

“I know that. I just didn’t expect to see you in a place like this. I know how you don’t like to socialize with us common folk.”

“Oh stop it Xander…I came here to have a good time so don’t ruin it for me.”

“I wouldn’t dream of ruining your good time Cordy…oops I mean Cordelia.” Xander checked her out. “You look nice tonight.”

“Thank you.”

“If you don’t get lucky tonight, how about you and I have a nice hard fuck in the back of my truck for old time sake?” Xander lowered his voice and moved closer to the statuesque brunette.

Pretending to be appalled but actually turned on, she replied. “Keep dreaming.”

“Oh as I recall it you use to love it when I nailed your sweet ass many times in the back of that old truck.” Xander brushed the back of his hand across one of her breast.

Cordelia’s breathe caught in her throat. She remembered vividly. Some of her best orgasms were in the back of that truck but she was simply living out her fantasy with him until she got her fill. Now she was over it. “Sorry construction boy…I’m all done with you.” She walked off.

“Bitch” He said under his breath as he watched her walk off. Xander made it over to the bar with his dignity still in tact. “Bartender, two Guinesses he shouted.” He turned his back on the bar and searched for Cordelia. She had used and abused him back when they were dating or rather fucking and he wasn’t quite over her. Yet he thought he still had a chance to bed her again. He caught sight of her making her way up to the top floor where most of the rich crowd partied. Carefully, he observed who she was with and that’s when he saw Elizabeth Summers and her fiancé Liam Worthington. He recognized him from the engagement announcement in the Sunnydale Times newspaper.

“Here you go man…that’ll be $12.00 bucks.” The bartender said.

Xander handed the bartender $14.00 bucks. “Keep the change.” He carried the beers back over to the pool table area where Spike was waiting. He couldn’t wait to tell him the news. “Your girl is here.” He handed Spike a beer.

Spike’s brow creased as he took his beer from Xander. “My girl?” Spike had no clue who Xander was talking about. He didn’t know anyone in this town except him and Elizabeth.

“You know the rich one…the one getting married…Elizabeth.”

“Elizabeth…where?” Spike looked around unable to maintain his cool composure.

“She’s up there on the top floor. But I wouldn’t go up there if I were you.”

Spike sat down his beer and placed his pool stick on the table. “And why is that?”

“She’s with her fiancé and a bunch of others. They’ll eat you alive.”

Now Spike knew why he hadn’t seen her in a couple of days. Prince bloody charming was back. “Bollocks”

Xander laughed.

“What the hell are you laughing at?”

“Boy do you got it bad…I told you to stay away…didn’t I? You’re going to go up there and make a fool of yourself. She won’t give you the time of day.”

*~~~*

Elizabeth and her friends came together on the top floor where several tables and couches were reserved for them. Several bottles of champagne were chilling on the glass tables.

Liam looked around. “This is nice.”

“I hope this meets your expectations.” The manager said.

“It’s perfect.” Liam handed the manager a crisp one hundred dollar bill.

“Thank you sir and I have your waitresses bring up the food you requested and we have prepared a special tray of assorted cheeses for your fiancé.”

“Great.”

Liam sat down beside Elizabeth and noticed the bored look on her face. “What’s the matter sweetheart…are you not having a good time?”

“I wanted to do something low key that’s all.”

“Oh come on…we should be out celebrating…we’re getting married…you should be happy…Are you happy?”

“Yes, of course I am.” Her statement was partially true. She kissed him on the lips to reassure him. When they parted, her eyes darted to the staircase. She saw Spike staring at her. Elizabeth’s heart quickened. Several days had passed since she last saw him. She grabbed Liam and pressed him to her, never taking her eyes off Spike. She shook her head from side to side and silently said the word ‘don’t’.

“Ahh baby.” Liam hugged Elizabeth tighter. “I love you too.”

Spike stopped at the top of the stairs and quickly felt out of place and it didn’t take long for someone to make that clear to him. “Can I help you buddy?” Lindsay asked as Gunn and Doyle stood along side of him. “I don’t think you belong up here.”

Not wanting to make a scene by telling the short arrogant guy to piss off, Spike smiled. “I guess I made a wrong turn.”

“And you’ve guessed right…this is a private party so make your way back down those stairs with the rest of the losers.”

Spike held his tongue but before he retreated, his eyes met Elizabeth’s and then the bloke who had his arm wrapped tight around her. Lucky bastard. Spike broke the eye contact and walked down the stairs.

Elizabeth’s stomach fluttered with part fear and part excitement. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him.

Liam looked over his shoulder to see why he no longer held Elizabeth’s attention. He saw Lindsay, Gunn and Doyle talking to some blonde guy. He turned his attention back to her. “Do you know him?”

Quickly, Elizabeth snapped out of her trance and looked at Liam. It took her some time to answer. “No…I was just seeing what was going on.” She looked over at Spike again but all she saw was the back of his head as he walked down the stairs.

“Good because he looks like a low life.”

She tried hard not to respond to his harsh judgment of Spike. By no means was Spike a low life especially since his IQ was higher than Liam including his sexual IQ. However, something inside her couldn’t let him get away with it. “Since when did you become such a snob? Especially with the friends you hang out with.” Elizabeth was referring to Lindsay, Gunn and Doyle but her comments were really directed towards Lindsay. Gunn and Doyle were the typical followers. They just acted that way whenever they were around Lindsay.

“My friends aren’t low lifes.”

“You’re right. They’re rich and snobbish assholes whose only goal in life is to live off their parent’s money and look down on other people. If you ask me, they’re the low lifes except their clothes are designer and they get two hundred dollar haircuts.” Elizabeth described Lindsay perfectly.

Liam stared at Elizabeth. “Why are you so upset? It’s just some random guy.”

“Because you don’t even know anything about him. He’s probably just as smart and hard working as you are and doesn’t have to depend on anyone but himself.” She paused, gaining her breath. “And did you ever think that he could be saying the same thing about you. I bet you wouldn’t like it.”

“Okay…okay, I’m sorry…you’re right. I was wrong to say that. I don’t want to fight with you so can we kiss and make up.

Elizabeth was still mad. She pushed him away. “Move” She stood up. “I’m going to the bathroom.” She lied. She was really going to find Spike.

~~**~~

“Looks like those two aren’t getting along” Faith whispered to Cordelia who had already seen her ex and Elizabeth in the heated discussion and pretended not to notice. She didn’t respond to Faith’s comment.

“Do you think Elizabeth was dumb enough to tell Liam that she kissed that guy?”

“I doubt it.” Cordelia said, as her focus shifted from Elizabeth to a frustrated Liam.

Overhearing Elizabeth saying she was going to the bathroom, Faith decided to join her. “Me too…lets go…you coming Cordelia?”

“I don’t have to go.” Cordelia replied.

Before Elizabeth could object, Faith had grabbed her arm and pulled her along. “I have to piss like a race horse.”

“No kidding.” Elizabeth unhappily replied.

The two women made their way through the crowd towards the bathroom. Faith leaned in and asked, “Hey is everything alright between you two? You looked like you were upset about something. Do you want to talk about it?”

“No…I rather not” Elizabeth snapped.

Faith shrugged. “Okay” The brunette held her hands out in front of her. “I was only trying to help.”

The two women walked into the bathroom. Faith immediately went into a stall while Elizabeth leaned against one of the bathroom sinks with her arms folded. She waited until Faith closed the door before exiting the bathroom in search of Spike. She had spent less than a minute in the restroom and it seemed the place had filled with more people, making it difficult for her to move through the crowd. She managed to get half way through when she felt someone grab her arm. “Hey!!” She yelled and immediately looked to see who was grabbing her, ready to slap the jerk. To her pleasant surprise, the jerk turned out to be Spike.

He had been watching her and waiting for the opportunity to get her alone. He quickly made his move when he saw her walking down the stairs. She dropped her defenses and smiled, allowing him to pull her close to his solid body. “Spike” She wanted to hug him but resisted.

“Hello, cutie.” He replied then leaned down to whisper in her ear. “It’s been awhile.” He said then licked her earlobe with the tip of his tongue.

Elizabeth shivered. She did miss him. “Feels like years”, she managed to say, thankful the sea of people was swallowing them, forcing them to press closer together. She wanted to kiss him but she was already taking a risk being seen this close to him by one of Liam’s friends or worse Liam.

“Been missing you, pet”

“I’ve been disappointing a lot of people lately and decided to stop being bad which includes staying away from you. I was going to come see you today but my fiancé is back as you may have noticed.”

“You mean the bloke glued to your side up there.” Spike gestured with his eyes to the upper level.

“That’s him.” Elizabeth half smiled in her reference to Liam.

“He’s not bad if you like that type?”

“And what type is that?”

“Big foreheads”

Elizabeth giggled and touched his chest. She agreed. Liam did have an unusually large forehead.

Her touch set him aflame. Spike’s eyes closed for a second and he bit his bottom lip. His hand glided to Elizabeth’s ass and then he leaned down to whisper in her ear. “Want you pet.”

Elizabeth wanted to melt. His whispered words set her ear on fire and she felt it in her clit. She wanted him too as they both unconsciously began to move against each other.

They looked into each other eyes. “I’m going to kiss you right now…would you like that?” Spike asked.

“Yes” Elizabeth replied, knowing she was taking a serious risk. She prepared herself half closing her eyes ready to receive his kiss.

“There you are.” She felt someone touch her shoulder. Immediately, she and Spike broke apart as much as they could. She turned around. “Faith” She paused. “Ahhh… look who I bumped into?” She pointed over her shoulder to Spike, standing there with an amused look on his face. He was curious to see how Elizabeth was going to handle the situation.

“How could I forget? What was that you said about him? He had a tongue like a snake.”

Elizabeth wasn’t prepared for Faith’s betrayal. There was a red tint to her face. She looked at Spike who raised an eyebrow at the revelation.

Faith began to laugh and threw her arm around Elizabeth’s shoulder. “Oh don’t be embarrassed. Hi, I’m Faith.” She stuck out her hand.

He grasped it. “Spike” He replied, feeling the sexy brunette squeeze his hand. “That’s quite a grip you have there.” He opened his hand to let go but she only squeezed harder clearly sending Spike a message. They locked eyes. He bet she was a wild cat in the sack but he only had eyes for Elizabeth.

“I like your name…how you’d get it?” She said giving him a look like she was interested in more than just his name and a handshake.

Being a natural flirt, he played along. “I’d tell you but then I would have to kill you…so let’s just say I earned it for being a bad, bad boy.”

“Oh an accent too…that’s hot.” Faith replied. She released his hand and with the same hand, she ran it across her cleavage so he would notice her ample assets. It worked as Spike’s eyes followed the path her hand had taken. Nice…very nice indeed but not as nice as Elizabeth’s soft tear drop tits that fit perfectly into his hands.

Elizabeth knew she couldn’t show how jealous she was getting. She had to break this up. Faith was a man eater and this was one man she wasn’t going to be eating. “Faith lets go everyone is probably wondering where we are.”

“You go on ahead… I would much rather get to know Spike a little better.”

Elizabeth didn’t like her answer. “No, we’re going” She tried to pull Faith along.

Spike didn’t want Elizabeth to leave. He had to think of something fast. “What’s the hurry luv? Why don’t you and your friend join me and my buddy over by the pool tables?” He smiled at Faith. “You play pool don’t you luv?”

“As a matter of fact I do.” She replied before looking at Elizabeth giving her a pleading almost desperate look to not screw this up for her. She wanted to get to know the man that had seduced her friend into a temporary coma with just one kiss. “Come on Elizabeth it’ll be fun. Everyone is probably so drunk they don’t even know we’re gone.”

Elizabeth looked at Spike and saw the pleading look in his eyes. “Okay… but only for a little while. I’m sure Liam is missing me right now.” She replied, wanting her statement to annoy Spike since he had the nerve to flirt with her friend in front of her.

Spike smirked. Elizabeth’s comment stung but he tried not to show it. “Well then it’s settled…straight ahead ladies.” He said, pointing towards the pool table area.

Faith was excited as she wormed her way through the crowd pulling Elizabeth by the hand followed by Spike who remained close to her backside, thankful for the crowd giving him the opportunity to press up against her, his hands placed firmly on her hips. Elizabeth loved every minute of it wishing she was in his motel room naked with his hands placed firmly on her hips in several different positions.

~~**~~

“I don’t fucking want to hear it. I paid good money to have her there and now you’re telling me she can’t make it.” Lindsey paused in his conversation with the man on the other end of his cell phone. “Look…what did you say your name was again…Trick? If you can’t get me the girl I asked for then you better damn well provide me with at least two extra girls with special talents to make sure I get my money’s worth.” Lindsay hung up the phone. He was mad. His was planning to have an Elizabeth look alike wearing nothing but a g-string, give his best pal the lap dance of his life with a few extras. It wasn’t going to happen. He was planning the party for weeks and no one knew except the guys of course that he was giving Liam a surprise bachelor party. This was the second monkey wrench thrown in his plans. First, Liam calls him to plan this lame ass get together on the same day and then he gets a phone call from the “talent” agency canceling the “special” girl he had for Liam. He needed to think of something else special to do and fast. As the best man, it was his responsibility to give his buddy the best bachelor party ever.

“Hey Lindsay what’s up…you look pissed.” Gunn said.

“You’re right…you know that chick I hired to jump out of the cake.”

“The one you said looks like Elizabeth.”

“Yeah…turns out she was double booked.”

“Damn…I would have loved to see the look on Liam’s face…so what are you going to do?”

At the same time, both men looked over at Liam talking to a few of their other buddies. “I don’t know.” Lindsay replied.

Cordelia approached them. “Hey what’s up guys…is this party lame or what?” Cordelia laughed then took a sip of champagne from her glass.

Lindsay McDonald was a man that always seemed to have a master plan. He smiled wickedly at Cordelia…the beautiful and sexy Cordelia Chase. Liam’s ex-girlfriend that he was sure Liam never really got over when he rebounded with the cute but stuck up Elizabeth Summers. The curvy brunette was perfect and he wanted to kick himself for not thinking about this first. “Cordelia I need you to do me a big favor.” Lindsay put his arm around the sexy brunette’s shoulders and stirred her away to the other side of the balcony.

Gunn smiled. He knew exactly what Lindsay was up to. What a shit stirrer. He walked away shaking his head and decided to join his Liam on the couch.

~~**~~

Annoyed, Faith watched as Elizabeth and the sexy blond joked and laughed like they had know each other all their lives while she was stuck with his friend, who she didn’t even find remotely attractive. She couldn’t believe Spike wasn’t paying her any attention. She wasn’t the one wearing a three carat emerald cut diamond engagement ring and what she found even more puzzling was that her friend certainly wasn’t acting like a woman engaged. Faith watched as Elizabeth and Spike hung on each other’s every word. There was constant arm touching and whispering back and forth like they had a secret that they didn’t want to share.

~~**~~

Spike leaned over and whispered into Elizabeth’s ear. “Come on pet let’s get out of here and go to a place where we can have some fun and get a real drink.”

Elizabeth leaned in to respond. “You know I want to but I can’t…what would I tell everyone?”

“How about piss off?”

Elizabeth laughed and playfully slapped Spike’s arm. She would love to leave with him and go some where more lively. She wasn’t having any fun upstairs and Liam was certainly smothering her to point she thought she couldn’t breath but when she saw Spike appear, she had an unusual thought that he was there to rescue her. He was fun and exciting and she felt she could let her hair down with him. She had been working hard at controlling her impulses to run wild for so long, she thought she would burst but being with Spike all of that pent up energy, aggression and passion was unleashed, setting her free.

~~**~~

No longer able to stand another blow to her ego, Faith decided to break up their little party. “So what’s so funny?”

Spike and Buffy immediately stopped laughing after realizing their behavior had drew unwanted attention. “Nothing…Spike was just telling me a joke.”

“Well lets hear it…I could use a good laugh.”

Spike cleared his throat. “Well ah…ah…I was just telling Elizabeth here about the ah…ah.” He chuckled. He looked at Elizabeth for help. “You know about the ah..ah.” He was unable to come up with something funny and sounded ridiculous stumbling over his words.

“Your shot” Xander yelled, causing Faith to turn around.

Relieved, Spike let a breath, thankful his buddy had distracted the irksome brunette.

Faith rolled her eyes and walked over to the table. Bending over, she took her shoot knocking the number seven ball into the side pocket. She moved around to the other side of the table where Xander was standing. “Don’t look at my ass” She said to him before bending over to take her next shot.

Xander looked at her ass.

Elizabeth distanced herself from Spike and pretended to be interested in the game.

Meanwhile, Spike slowly made his way over to her sitting crossed legged on the stool, her tanned legs in full view. He wanted to glide his hand up those limbs to paradise and hear the sweet sounds of her coming while he fingered her tight quim. He decided to make a move while Faith and Xander’s backs were facing them. Spike waited until Elizabeth gave him one of her longing looks and then wet the tip of his index finger and slowly he dragged it along the length of one of her legs.

The sensation Elizabeth felt from that simple touch reached her clit within seconds, causing her to squirm in her seat. She looked at Spike and wet her lips then quickly realized they were not alone. She looked over at Faith and Xander. Luckily, they were too busy disliking each other to notice what was happening between her and Spike.

“Last chance pet…let’s get out of here.” He whispered.

He didn’t have to ask again. “Okay but give me some time.”

“Twenty minutes? Are you parked out front?”

“Yeah”

“I’ll be waiting.”

“Faith…we need to go.” Elizabeth looked at Spike then at Xander. “It was nice meeting you Xander”

“I’m ready.” Faith placed her pool stick on the table and reluctantly thanked Xander for the game even though Spike was the one who had invited them over only to ignore her. She left with Elizabeth without acknowledging him, figuring he deserved it for ignoring her.

Xander joined Spike. “What a bitch? But I think I’m in love.” He said as he watched Faith’s ass sway from side to side.

Spike began to walk off. “I’m off mate.”

“Hey, where’re you going?”

“I got a date with a girl.”

~~**~~

“There you are. Where have you been?” Liam asked.

Faith and I were just hanging out downstairs.”

Liam held his arms out to embrace Elizabeth but she only allowed him to hug her from the side instead of pressing her body against his. He didn’t like it when she did that. “What’s wrong?”

Elizabeth didn’t say anything immediately. She waited until Faith walked off to join the others. When she thought the brunette was no longer near. She put on her sad face. “Angel…do you mind if I go home? I’m not feeling well.”

“What’s the matter?”

“My head is throbbing.”

Responding immediately, he replied, “We can go. I’m sure everyone will understand.”

Elizabeth heart began to race. She was hoping he wouldn’t say that. “No…no you stay here. You haven’t seen your friends in a while. I’ll be okay. I just need to take something and lie down.”

Liam did miss his friends and was having a good time. “Are you sure?”

Elizabeth smiled. “Yes…have fun.”

Liam nodded then leaned in for a kiss and just when their lips were about to meet, a slightly intoxicated Lindsay roughly placed his arm around Liam’s shoulders interrupting the moment.

“There you two are…having fun?”

Annoyed, Elizabeth smirked at Lindsay. She didn’t like him very much and she knew the feeling was mutual. Elizabeth suspected from the moment she met the short jerk he didn’t like the fact she was dating Liam, which only made Elizabeth want to rub it in Lindsay’s face every chance she got. “We were until you showed up.”

“Now is that anyway to speak to the guy who is going to be responsible for getting the groom to the altar to even marry your ass.” He smirked at her as if daring her to say something to start a fight, forcing Liam to take sides knowing he would side with his best friend. The end result would be Lindsay adding a point to the score board for him. Bros before hoes.

Elizabeth held her tongue. Although she didn’t care for Lindsay McDonald, he was still Liam’s best friend and she had to tolerate him for now.

Liam looked at Elizabeth. Her face was turning red and he could tell she was about to let his lovable but arrogant best friend have a piece of her mind.

Liam intervened and took the drink out of Lindsay’s hand. “I think you need to slow down buddy. I think you had too many of these.” Liam finished the rest of Lindsay’s drink then handed the glass back to Lindsay. “Here take this and get me another one and I’ll join you later.”

Lindsay continued to stare at Elizabeth. She had to say something. “Leave already will you…come on Liam.”

“Hey where are you going? Are you leaving? The party is just getting started and there is much that awaits us later on.” Lindsay almost let the cat out of the bag.

“Well the hell is that suppose to mean?” Elizabeth responded.

Lindsay had a brief moment of clarity. “Shhhhhhh” Lindsay pressed his index finger against his pursed lips.

“God you’re such an asshole.” Elizabeth said.

“And you’re a bit…”

Liam’s head snapped to his friend. “Don’t say it man or you’ll regret it.”

Lindsay looked into his best friend’s eyes. The warning in them was quite clear. He was about to step over the line. Despite the fact he didn’t like Elizabeth, she was still his best friend’s girl and soon to be wife. Unfortunately. He wasn’t going to come between them at least for now.

Liam tried not be angry with his best friend and sternly said, “Now look, I’m just going to walk Elizabeth to her car and I’ll be right back.”

Elizabeth eyes widened. Spike was waiting for her outside. How could she have been foolish to think Liam wouldn’t walk her to her car? He was a gentleman, which was one of the things she liked most about him. She had to think of something fast.

“No!!!” She shouted, stunning Liam and sobering Lindsay for a brief moment. She lowered her voice. “I mean no that’s alright…I’ll be fine. You just take care of your friend. I’m a lot better off than he is.”

Liam looked at Lindsay then back at Elizabeth. He looked at her sternly. “Are you sure?”

Elizabeth smile. “Positive, now let me say goodbye to everybody.” She kissed Liam on the lips and walked over to where Willow, Harmony, Cordelia, Faith and few of her other friends had gathered. She said her goodbyes to everyone’s disappointment and felt a sense of relief hurrying down the stairs and out of the club. Paranoid that Liam may have followed her out the door anyway, she looked over her shoulder several times as she made her way to her car parked on the side of the building. She could see Spike leaning against the driver side door patiently waiting for her. Elizabeth’s smiled.

Desire inflamed Spike’s entire body at the sight of her. She had managed to get away and the closer she got to him the harder it was for him to maintain his self-control. As soon as she was close enough, Spike grabbed her by the waist and fused his mouth to hers. He kissed her like a long lost lover, pulling her closer and tangling his hands in her hair.

Elizabeth’s lips clung to Spike’s, his tongue subduing hers with force and expertise leaving her weak with wanting. Her nipples tightened in response, begging for the touch of that same tongue.

Their hands began to roam the other’s body. If they didn’t stop soon, there was going to be a free sex show in the parking lot. From the way he was holding her and probing her mouth, Spike wasn’t going to be the one to stop so Elizabeth had to push him away. Breathing hard, she replied. “We need to get out of here before we get arrested.”

“Let’s go”

Elizabeth and Spike got into her car. The destination was unknown but she didn’t care. She was just glad to be with him, to breathe.