Author's Chapter Notes:
This the only chapter that does not have Spike and Elizabeth in it. Also, this chapter gives some insight into Liam and Cordelia's relationship.
Chapter 12-BOYS WILL BE BOYS

Liam was gullible to think Lindsay would call it a night after they left the bar. They have been best friends since childhood and as long as he has known him, Lindsay always had something up his sleeve.

“You are so full of shit. I should have known you were not going to take me home.”

“Just sit back and enjoy the ride buddy because this night is far from over.” A sly smile appeared on Lindsay’s face. He was going to give his buddy a night to remember.

“Can you at least take me by Elizabeth’s house so I can check on her?”

Lindsay couldn’t do that. He did not want Elizabeth spoiling the plans he had for Liam because once his best friend was in the company of his woman, he would not want to leave her side.

He shook his head. “No can do… you’re gonna have to call her.”

“What!!”

“You heard me.” With one hand on the steering wheel, Lindsay used the other to detach his seatbelt. He retrieved his cell phone from the side pocket of his linen blazer. “Here”

Liam shook his head. “Unbelievable” He grabbed the phone and dialed Elizabeth’s cell phone. She didn’t answer. Worried, he called the house phone and the housekeeper answered.

“Hi Edith, can I speak to Elizabeth?”

“She’s not here but I thought she was with you.”

“She was but she said she had a headache and left over an hour ago. She said she was going home.”

“Oh that poor dear…maybe it’s all this wedding stuff on her mind. When she gets here, I‘ll let her know you called.”

“Okay, I’ll call back later…thanks” Liam replied.

“Bye-bye” Edith replied.

Liam had a puzzled look on his face. He was sure Elizabeth said she was going straight home. Where else could she be?

Lindsay looked at Liam then focused his attention back on the road. “Is everything okay?”

“I don’t know. Elizabeth wasn’t there.”

“Give her some more time to get home. Maybe she stopped at a drugstore to pick up something for that headache.”

“Maybe you’re right…I’ll try again later.”

There was a mischievous smile on Lindsay’s face. He knew Liam wouldn’t get the chance. He and all of their buddies were in for a long sleazy night. He laughed to himself. After tonight, there probably won’t be a wedding.

*~~~~*

Cordelia arrived at the penthouse suite and looked for the bedrooms. She peeked in each one of the four bedrooms before she found the one with the fake cake inside. She slipped off her high heels and dialed Lindsay’s cell phone to let him know she had arrived. Their conversation was brief because they didn’t want Liam to suspect anything. She set on the edge of the bed feeling nervous. To calm her nerves, she headed for the bar and took one of the many bottles of Crystal champagne from the well-stocked refrigerator.

She propped several of the large down pillows against the headboard of the king-size bed and poured herself a glass. Ten minutes later, she was drank her second glass. She knew she needed to take it easy or instead of popping out of the cake; she would be passed out in it. She stopped at the third glass, drinking half of that one before she thought it was best she freshen up in the bathroom. She carried her make-up and hair curlers into the bathroom and placed them on the counter. She undressed and placed a shower cap over her long healthy brunette hair. She took a quick shower, stepped out and put on complimentary white Egyptian cotton robe then began reapplying her make-up.

Feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, Cordelia went into the bedroom and opened her black Coach overnight bag. She pulled out three bra and panty sets. Two were all lace, a rich burgundy and emerald green. The third was a deep purple satin. The last item she pulled was merry widow she purchased several days ago and no one to wear it for until now.

Thinking the other items were too skimpy for the occasion, she settled on the black satin and lace Parisian merry widow. It provided the most coverage and enhanced all her assets. It had pink ribbon trim laced across the underwire cups and also interwoven in the bone seams. There were attached black garters that she could attach to her black lace top stockings with matching lace panties. To complete the sexy outfit, she had matching four-inch black stilettos. She couldn’t believe this outfit wasn’t her first choice and that she even considered wearing the others but she was in a rush to find something since Lindsay said she needed to be at the suite before they arrived.

*~~~*

Liam and Lindsay were the first to enter the pimped out suite, which easily cost five grand a night. The suite had four bedrooms, a stocked bar, huge high back sectional couches, plasma TVs, a pool table, Jacuzzi and other luxury amenities.

“Wow” Liam replied as he surveyed the room. “I’m loving this.”

“I knew you would like it and its well worth the dent it’s putting in my wallet.”

“Hey thanks man…this is really nice.”

“You’re my best friend…anything for you man and I do mean anything.” Lindsay winked then looked at his watch. “The rest of the guys should be here soon…why don’t you go make yourself a drink? I’ll be back and make me one while you’re at it.”

*~~~*

Cordelia froze and placed her hand over her rapidly beating heart. Lindsay and Liam had arrived and she was getting more nervous as the minutes ticked by. She can’t believe she let Lindsay talk her into doing this for Liam but she wanted to be a good ‘friend’ despite the fact she still had feelings for him. Sure they were just teenagers but her love for Liam ran deeper than she could have imagined at that age. Her mother and father told her the feelings would go away with time but they were wrong. She carried a well hidden torch for him since they broke up almost six years ago.

Cordelia had other relationships but nothing that lasted beyond four months and most of them were purely sexual like the one she had with that gullible construction worker Xander. Now he was good in bed but she used him to get back at her dad for not buying her a Mercedes for her birthday. Her father quickly changed his mind when she invited Xander to her house for dinner and watched her dad practically lose it at the dinner table. Xander’s lack of class, financial status and proper table manners was enough for her dad to purchase the car for her a week later with the condition, she dump her caveman and find a more suitable person for the Chase family. She wanted that man to be Liam but it was too late for them. He was with Elizabeth now and there was nothing she could do about it but try to be happy for them and suffer silently.

Cordelia never imagined she and Elizabeth would become such good friends so in the end she lost a boyfriend but gained a new friend. It was going to be hard for her to watch the love of her life embark on a future without her. Soon, he and Elizabeth would move to the east coast and she will lose that small piece of him in her life that only exited through relationships with their other friends.

She shook her head. After all these years, she could still remember the last fight they had about her flirting and his jealously. She and Liam were always fighting. It was their thing and none of their friends and family understood it but it wasn’t for others to understand. Cordelia and Liam loved and fought passionately and usually Liam would call her after a few days and everything would be back to normal but that phone call never came, leaving her wondering why and then she found out Liam had immediately began dating the new girl in town, Elizabeth Summers.

There relationship had no closure and after dating Elizabeth for two months, Laim had the nerve to show up on her doorstep wanting to apologize. Cordelia remembered she didn’t want to invite him into the house so she chose to talk to him in the pool house. She chuckled remembering that day vividly and how with every step she took, getting closer to the pool house, her hidden anger had escalated and before she could close the door, she was yelling at him.

She was angry, her wrinkled brow and intense stare was evident. “How could you do this to me? All of a sudden you don’t love me anymore and you just throw me away for her like I was some piece of trash. I thought what we had was special. I loved you and you hurt me Liam.”

He could barely look her in the eye, afraid she might see more than what he wanted to reveal. He had finally gotten the courage to talk to her. They needed closure but that wasn’t all. He missed her. “I know I hurt you and I’m sorry.”

“Well I would have thought you meant it but you can’t even look me in the eye. Your apology means nothing to me. You’re not sorry. You’re just an asshole like your father. He treats your mother like shit and you know what they say. Like father like son.”

It didn’t take long for Liam to get angry. Cordelia knew how to push his buttons almost making him not regret he chose Elizabeth over her. Unlike Cordelia, Elizabeth understood his relationship with his father and though she didn’t like it, Elizabeth would never hurt him by even suggesting he and his father were anything alike.

Through clenched teeth, he said, “Leave my family out of this. They have nothing to do with why we broke up.”

“Bullshit…I know he was happy you dumped me for his best friend’s daughter. They’ve wanted you two to be together and now they got what they wanted. At least it wasn’t too bad of an exchange. On a scale of one to ten, I would give her an eight. She is quite pretty but a little on the skinny side. Also, she’s nice, almost too nice. It must be her eyes that give her a way. There is something wild behind those green-like eyes of hers.” Cordelia was hinting to something about the new girl. She almost wanted to tell Liam all she knew about the pretty Summers girl but it would serve the bastard right if their relationship didn’t work out. Cordelia didn’t have an easily forgiving soul and a little revenge was what she deserved after being dumped for an eight when she was clearly a ten.

Liam gave Cordelia a questioning look. “What are you trying to say? Spit it out.”

Cordelia didn’t want to go into detail but she had her father’s lawyer do a little background check on the pretty little Elizabeth Summers. The dirty pervert had a thing for her and she manipulated him into doing it for her. They kept it a secret from Cordelia’s father. From the information he gathered, Elizabeth was a bit of a wild child and cleverly hid it.

“Let’s just say she is a mighty fine actress and I’d be careful if I were you. You don’t seem like the type of guy she would want to be with for any length of time.” Liam had an expression on his face suggesting he had no idea what Cordelia was talking about. “Oh come now darling, even you must admit you are a bit on the boring side unless of course you have someone who can get you going. She smiled knowingly. “I’ll give you two lovebirds six months and you will be crawling back to me.”

“Fuck you Cordelia…you’re jealous. You don’t even know her and thank God she is nothing like you.” Liam laughed and shook his head. “My how the mighty have fallen…the great Cordelia Chase can’t believe she was a dumped for someone she considers a downgrade.”

Liam knew her well but they were both vain and spent the same amount of time in front of the mirror. Yet Cordelia was hurt by his comment. It held so much weight. He was saying she wasn’t good enough to be with him after all.

“Get out!!!!!!!” She yelled at him before lunging at him with her hands balled into fists. “Get out!!!! get out!!!! get out!!!…I hate you, she said as she tried to inflict bodily harm on the boy she still loved.

Liam grabbed her hands, preventing her from hitting him. They struggled. The force of her body propelled him backwards. He was falling but the bench up against the wall broke his fall but they still tumbled to the floor. Immediately, he was on top of her. He restrained her and held her hands above her head. He stared into her eyes. “And I hate you too! You really want to know why I broke up with you!” He shouted. “This is why. I was tired of the fighting. This isn’t healthy and we couldn’t go on like this. We would wound up destroying each other. Can’t you see that...we both just need to move on!”

They were both huffing, out of breath from the struggle. Cordelia held his gaze and within seconds, she saw it. The love he had for her was still there. Tears welled up in her eyes. Liam’s eyes filled with tears too but both of their strong wills would not let them fall. Instead, their passion for one another took over and mutually they kissed like it would be their last time and it was.

It was the first time they had made what she could only explain as love, slow and sweet. It was nothing she had experienced with him before. When they were done, Liam held her but pulled away from her when she whispered. “So what does this mean?”

He didn’t respond until he was fully clothed and standing by the door then he turned around and said, “I’ll never stop loving you but I’m with Elizabeth now.”

A single tear fell from Cordelia’s eye as she watched Liam walk out the door.


She had enough of memory lane and looked at the huge cake in the corner of the room. She cringed. Jesus lightened up girl its not like you’re taking your clothes off. She looked down at the outfit she had chosen and smoothed done the sides of the merry widow. I can’t believe I’m going to do this.

Lindsay was very convincing and at the time, it sounded fun and a good joke to play on Liam. Besides, they were all friends so she thought what the hell. She would simply pop out of the cake, do a quick sexy dance, have a good laugh about it then leave. Yeah that’s right. This will be fun. I just hope Elizabeth thinks it’s funny too. Cordelia sighed. She picked the wrong moment to be thinking about Elizabeth’s feelings now. It was close to show time. She sat there nervously shaking her leg staring down at her black stilettos then quickly looked up when Lindsay walked through the door.

Lindsey’s mouth fell open. Liam was a lucky man. “Damn, you look hot…why couldn’t it be my party?” He asked, looking up to the heavens. He smiled at her, “How ya doing?”

“Not so good”

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m having second thoughts. I don’t think I should do this.”

“Hey...wait, why not?” Lindsay touched her arm, trying to comfort her down.

“I don’t think Elizabeth would like it when she finds out and I don’t want her mad at me.”

“I’m sure she won’t be. I know she can be a royal bitch sometimes but she can still take a joke. Please don’t bail on me Cordelia. You’re the main attraction. Liam is going to love it and not be expecting you and that’s what makes is so great.” He smiled. “Come on Cordy…please do it for me. He placed his arm around her shoulders. “If it makes you feel better, I’ll take all of the heat from Elizabeth…don’t worry about it.” He removed his arm from her shoulders and clasped his hands together like he was about say a prayer. “Just please do this for me.”

Cordelia smirked then smiled. “Okay but as soon as I do it…I’m not hanging around to be a witness to God only knows what will be going on here.”

“Deal” Excited, he hugged her. “Thanks a lot Cordelia. I won’t forget it.”

“You better not…so when do you want me to get in this thing?”

“Well the rest of the guys should be here soon, so do you think you can wait maybe another half and hour? Lindsay checked his watch. “I’m going to get Gunn to help me get you into the cake and once we get Liam into position, we’ll roll you out then knock on the cake as a signal for you to pop out…okay.”

“Sure” She replied

“Cool…so about thirty minutes...okay”

“Okay”

Lindsay smiled then left the room, looking over his shoulder as he closed the door making sure Liam wasn’t close by. It was a huge suite and Liam could be anywhere. He just had to make sure he kept an eye on his best friend. He didn’t want him wandering into the bedroom Cordelia was in.

Gunn, Doyle, Forrest and several of their other friends had arrived and everyone appeared to be intoxicated, some more than others.

Lindsay greeted the small gathering. “Let’s get this party started, bitches…where’s my drink?”

Liam handed him his drink. He swallowed it quickly and made a growling noise. “Now that’s what I’m talking about…bartender pour me another one.” Liam filled his glass again. “Crank up the music”, he yelled. He got his wish and the room filled with loud guitar riffs, screeching vocals and bass.

Slowly, the last of the invited had arrived and soon the other things he had planned would be getting underway. The high class hookers he hired would be arriving in another hour and soon, he and his friends would be knee deep in some quality pussy. He tapped Doyle and Gunn on the shoulders as a signal to join him away from the rest of the crowd.

“Blindfold him and tie his ass up to one of the chairs from the dining room while Gunn and I help the hooker into the cake.” Lindsay didn’t want anyone else to know the hooker was actually Cordelia, which would be an added bonus for the other guys because she was every man’s type.

A drunk Doyle shouted, “Where is the hooker and how did she get passed me?”

“Keep your voice down and just do it.” Lindsay replied.

Doyle shrugged and went to grab a chair then recruited one of the other guys at the party to help him tie up Liam.

Lindsay signaled Gunn with his head to join him. “Ready”

Gunn nodded.

Lindsay entered the room followed by Gunn who looked like a deer caught in headlights when he saw a provocatively dressed Cordelia sitting on the bed dressed like she worked in a Victorian bordello.

“Wow Cordelia” Gunn swallowed hard while trying not to stare too hard at the sexy brunette but he wasn’t doing a very good job at it.

“Hi Gunn, I guess its time huh?” She smirked, still considering putting a stop to the whole thing.

“Come on lets get you into this thing.” Both men helped Cordelia get into the cake.

“I promise I won’t leave you in here too long.” Lindsay said before closing the top. He and Gunn rolled it out of the bedroom into the small hallway.

“Okay its time.” He winked at Gunn.

Gunn shook his head before replying, “This is either going to turn out very good or very bad.”

*~~~*

Liam knew the evening was far from over. One by one his friends were approaching him with congratulatory drinks and trying to talk him out of getting married. Liam knew they were joking with the exception of Lindsay. His comments were serious. He came at Liam from every angel from telling him he thought he was too young to even suggesting Elizabeth wasn’t right for him. But what surprised Liam the most was when his best friend brought up the fact that he thought Cordelia was a more suitable partner for him. It was at that moment, Liam abruptly ended the conversation. He was convinced he was doing the right thing, marrying Elizabeth. Cordelia may have been his first love but he made a commitment to Elizabeth and was determined to see it through even though he still had feeling for the brunette. Cordelia would always have a special place in his heart.

Quickly, he aborted his thoughts of her and tried to get back into the groove. He was approached by Doyle and Warren. “Hey guys, where are your drinks?” His buddies just smiled and grabbed him by the arms, one on either side of him.

“What’s going on?” Liam asked.

“Just trust us” Doyle replied. The two men sat Liam into the hard back chair and Doyle began securing Liam’s hands and his legs while Warren placed the blindfold over his eyes.

Everyone in the room laughed, clapped and yelled, anticipating what was to come.

“Is this necessary?” Liam asked.

“You’ll see” Doyle replied.

“I don’t think I will be seeing anything with this blindfold on.” He laughed.

“Smart ass” Doyle responded and slapped him lightly on the back of his head.

The cake was rolled in about ten feet away from Liam and like clockwork the blindfold was removed and Cordelia popped out of the cake to his astonishment and the most inappropriate song began to play. The song was “Closer” by Nine Inch Nails.

You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you
You let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you


Everyone around them shouted and hissed and couldn’t believe there eyes.

Lindsay and Gunn helped Cordelia out of the cake. She smiled and twirled around then pointed to the bachelor seated far away.

Help me I broke apart my insides, help me I’ve got no soul to tell
Help me the only thing that works for me, help me get away from myself


Oh God, no…why couldn’t she be a stripper? That I could handle but not this.

I want to fuck you like an animal
I want to feel you from the inside
I want to fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god



Never taking her eyes off of him, Cordelia slowly lowered herself to her knees and crawled towards him like a cat heading for its milk bowl. When she reached him, she slowly ran her hands up his legs to his knees caressing them.

You can have my isolation, you can have the hate that it brings
You can have my absence of faith, you can have my everything
Help me tear down my reason, help me its' your sex I can smell
Help me you make me perfect, help me become somebody else



Liam could feel the blood rushing to his cock. Don’t get hard…don’t get hard.

She raised herself slowly then turned around and bent over, giving him full view of her ass before lowering herself onto his lap. She rubbed herself against him then laid all the way back and placed her head on his shoulder. She whispered, “Surprise” then let her cheek brush his. Slowly, she got up and walked around his chair, letting her hand move across his chest. She bent her head forward and let her long silky brown hair sensually caress his shoulders, neck and head. She was really getting into it letting the attention from the other men, the music and her strong attraction to Liam control her. She slowly snaked down the chair to a squatting position and wrapped her arms around him and the chair, letting her hands roam the hard wall of his chest up to his neck then to his face.

I want to fuck you like an animal
I want to feel you from the inside
I want to fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god


Beads of sweat appeared on Liam’s brow and upper lip. Suddenly, it had gotten hot despite the air conditioner on full blast. I’m going to kill Lindsay…God, she is so fucking beautiful and she smells so damn good. I just wanna. No, I can’t. Oh but her touch feels so good. I want to touch her. Thank God I’m handcuffed.

Cordelia grabbed a hand full of his hair and pulled his head back. Her mouth lingered over his like she was going to kiss him. She wanted to so badly but she didn’t. Instead she sweetly kissed him on the forehead. Realizing what she had almost done, Cordelia knew she had to get the hell out of that situation. She backed up and ran towards the bedroom to everyone’s disappointment.

Through every forest, above the trees
Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
I drink the honey inside your hive
You are the reason I stay alive


“I guess the show’s over!” Lindsay shouted. He looked at his watch and right on the dot the entertainment had arrived. Six sexy women entered the suite and the party was in full swing. Quickly, he picked out the hottest girl out of the six for himself and escorted her to one of the bedrooms and closed the door. He needed to sample the goods for a few minutes before he checked on Liam.


“Gunn removed the handcuffs then yelled to Doyle. “Get him a drink...he’s going to need it.”

“I got him.” Doyle replied with the drink already in his hand.

Liam downed his drink. “Give me another one.”

“Slow down man.” Gunn said.

“Don’t tell me to slow down after the shit you and Lindsay pulled.”

“It was a joke man…chill!!”

“A joke...ha ha very fucking funny!!” Liam threw the glass against the wall. Gunn ducked and covered his face trying to avoid the flying pieces of shattered glass.

“I’m sorry man but it was a last minute thing. If it means anything, she didn’t want to do it but you know how persuasive Lindsay can be!!”

“I don’t care…where is that son of bitch?”

“He went in one of the bedrooms with a girl!” Gunn could see the rage on Liam’s face and he didn’t like what he saw. “Liam, don’t do anything crazy. It was a joke. Grant it a bad one but he’s your boy.”

“Yeah well, he’s about to be my ex-boy because this shit wasn’t cool.” Liam headed for the bedrooms.

Gunn didn’t know what else to say. He wasn’t going to follow Liam while he looked for their friend. Lindsay needed a good ass whipping.

*~~~*

Cordelia slammed the door behind her. She should have listened to her gut. This was a bad idea. Tears welled up in her eyes. She wiped them away with her fingers. She was turning into an emotional wreck and needed to get the hell out of that suite. She took off her shoes and walked over to the bed.

Liam was heated and in the mood for a fight. The first bedroom he checked was empty and the second had one girl inside and several of his friends taking turns. They tried to coax him inside. It was enticing but he refused although it had been a while since he had some. He had to have some self control and most of that was gone no thanks to Lindsay and his antics. He was teetering on the edge.

Quickly, Cordelia began throwing things inside then worked on the zipper of her merry widow. She heard the door open. The sounds of the debauchery taking place outside echoed through the room and then they were gone.

Liam checked the third bedroom at the far end of the hall. He barged in and abruptly stopped. Cordelia Liam mood’s changed from wanting blood to wanting something else.

Cordelia was afraid to turn around. She held the merry widow close to her. She didn’t want it to fall.

**~~~*

Lindsay entered the living room. The lights were turned down low and everyone seemed to be occupied. The music was still blaring and the drinks were still flowing. He smiled and patted some of his friends on the back making sure everyone was having a good time. There weren’t many people in the livingroom. Most were either in the bedrooms or the bathrooms. He couldn’t find Liam anywhere but he had an idea where he was and Lindsay headed for the room Cordelia was in at the far end of the hall. He listened at the door and smiled. He turned the door knob and eased the door open just enough to get a view of the bed and the two people rolling around on it. He closed the door and headed back to his room, patting himself on his back along the way. Mission accomplished.