Author's Chapter Notes:
I promise in the next chapter our favorite blonde will make his entrance to his surprise...LOL
“Just think in three weeks you’re going to be Mrs. Liam Worthington.” Staring into the full-length mirror, Willow placed Elizabeth’s white veil on her head then turned around. “How do I look?” she asked her best friend, who was watching her with amusement.

“I think you look beautiful.” The petite blonde said sincerely.

Willow smiled and removed the veil from her head. “I wish I was getting married.” She frowned with a pout as she placed the delicate sheer fabric back inside the plastic bag hanging in the closet. Shutting the door, she exhaled. “Always a bridesmaid never a bride.”

Elizabeth chuckled. “Oh stop it silly…you’ll meet someone and then I’ll be your bridesmaid.”

“No, you’ll be my matron of honor.” Willow sat down on the queen size bed beside Elizabeth. She picked up some typed pages lying next to her. “So this is the guest list?”

“Yeah…I was just checking it to make sure I didn’t leave anyone out before I give it to the wedding planner.”

Flipping through the pages, Willow was stunned. “You have three hundred people coming to your wedding. I thought it was only going to be a hundred.”

“Yeah well that’s mother’s doing. I don’t know half the people on that list. Leave it to her to turn it into this great big affair. I would have preferred running off to Vegas and then somewhere with lots of sun, sand and blue water as far as the eye could see.” As Elizabeth spoke, she felt like she was already there then quickly snapped out of it. She scooted off the bed and walked over to her dresser, pulling out a t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts. She began pulling off her sundress and before she could get it over her head, the sound of Willow’s loud screech halted her progress. “Jesus Willow…what the hell is wrong with you?”

Willow’s hand was covered over her wide open mouth. “You got a tattoo.” She whispered.

Elizabeth smiled. “Oh, yeah…isn’t it awesome” She said with a cool confidence as she pulled the dress completely off. Arching her back and looking over her shoulder, she admired the twin baby blue jays tattooed on her lower back. “Aren’t they cute…I just love them.”

“What made you do it?” Willow whispered.

“Nothing, I just woke up one day and decided I wanted a tattoo.” Elizabeth found herself whispering.

“Did it hurt?”

“At first but then the area got numb and then it was no big deal.” Elizabeth’s creased her brow. “Why are we whispering?”

“I don’t know.” Willow said then they both laughed.

“I couldn’t do it.” Willow shook like a cold chill had run through her body and then she wondered why she was so shocked that Elizabeth had done such a thing. After all, her best friend did have a wild streak. Something the red head knew about, but not in detail from Elizabeth’s grandmother, who lived a few houses from Willow.

The red head smiled. Elizabeth’s grandmother was a character and one of the liveliest women she had ever met. She was an ageless beauty who looked nothing of her eighty-five years and Willow visited her often, thinking the eldest Mrs. Summers was lonely living in her huge house by herself. They would sit and talk for hours about her life, her husband who had passed away, and her granddaughters Elizabeth and Dawn but Elizabeth especially. The old woman would always say Elizabeth was a bit rebellious and how she loved that about her since the eldest Mrs. Summers admitted to doing some things a respectable Summers woman could never be caught doing. Willow smiled remembering the one thing she liked most about Elizabeth’s grandmother. The old woman had the most infectious laugh and smile…something Elizabeth had inherited.

Often she would tell the red head she and Elizabeth would make such wonderful friends but whenever Willow was home from prep school, Elizabeth would be in school and vice versa because at the time, she was living on the east coast. Unfortunately when they did meet, it was at the eldest Mrs. Summers funeral.

One year later when Elizabeth was sixteen, her parents purchased an estate about an hour away from her grandmother’s house and the old woman was right. Willow and Elizabeth became good friends…best friends and that’s when the red head was filled in by Elizabeth about the wild things she had done before moving there. Things like streaking, drunken disorderliness, resisting arrest, and simple assault made the petite blonde a policeman’s nightmare but thanks to her parent’s money and influence, a police record that would have been a mile long, did not exist. Willow somewhat envied her best friend and wished she could sometimes let loose like that, but it wasn’t in her nature and she didn’t have a super rich and powerful family who could make all the charges go away.

Elizabeth wondered where her best friend had drifted off to as she waited for the red head to snap out of it. After several long seconds, she finally said, “Earth to Willow”

The red head was brought back from her thoughts and quickly picked up the conversation where they had left off. “I know your mother had a heart attack when she saw that.”

“She probably would if she ever sees it and I plan on being long dead before she ever gets the chance. I’ll take this to the grave.” Elizabeth laughed.

Willow just shook her head and asked, “So when is Liam coming home?”

“In another week…he’s finishing up his internship.” Elizabeth frowned. Already her soon to be husband was practicing to become a workaholic like his father and hers. “He’s so obsessed about Harvard and I don’t know why, he’s already gotten in. Every Worthington man has gone to Harvard so that makes Liam a shoe in but he doesn’t want anyone to think he had it easy so he’s proving himself to be worthy. Elizabeth laughed. “Get it worthy…Worthington.”

Willow made a face. She didn’t see the humor.

“And what about you?”

“What about me? I got in. My family’s happy…end of story.”

“Are you happy?”

“Of course…can’t you see it on my face?” Half-jokingly, Elizabeth gave her best friend a huge cheesy smile.

Willow didn’t see the humor. “Faker”

“Look it’s what they wanted. I put them through a lot of crap.”

Willow made a face. “What about art school? You’re so talented Elizabeth. I would hate to see you waste it.”

The petite blonde felt sad. She hadn’t picked up a paint brush or a sketch pad since her grandmother died. She was the only person who encouraged Elizabeth to embrace her gift unlike her mother, who thought it was a waste of time, which surprised Elizabeth since her mother’s greatest achievement was landing a rich husband straight out of finishing school. Now she had Willow in her corner…good old Willow.


Elizabeth’s grandmother had disagreed with Elizabeth’s mother and rather than argue with her own daughter, she hired a private art teacher to help Elizabeth perfect her skills whenever she came to visit which was often. It was their little secret.

Elizabeth shrugged and wanted to change the subject. “Well what’s done is done. Are we still on for Saturday night?”

“Yeah and I’m driving. I’ll pick up Cordelia, Harmony, and Faith at Cordelia’s house then you.”

“Cool” Elizabeth opened her closet. She placed her hand on her chin. “Now what am I going to wear?”

Willow watched Elizabeth rummage through her closet looking for the perfect outfit for their night out. It was obvious she was trying to distract herself by picking out an outfit for something that was a couple of days away. The red head was concerned because she didn’t think her best friend was happy. She knew Elizabeth was feeling the pressure with getting married and her future law career but she had to know her friend wasn’t making a mistake. “Elizabeth?”

Elizabeth looked at Willow in response.

Willow had a serious look on her face. “I’m worried about you.”

Seeing the concerned look on her best friend’s face, Elizabeth abandoned her task and went over to her friend, sitting next to her. “Ahhh Willow, I’ll be alright. It’s just everything is happening so fast and sometimes I feel I haven’t had enough time for me. I wish I could just snap my fingers and then everything would be over.”

Willow thought Elizabeth’s last statement was a bit unusual. The red head was thinking Elizabeth meant the wedding but she got the feeling her best friend meant something more. Curious, she asked, “You do want to marry Liam, don’t you?”

Elizabeth placed her arm around Willow’s shoulders. “Of course, I want to marry Liam…I love him.”

Willow gave Elizabeth a knowing look. “You aren’t going to do anything crazy, are you?”

Elizabeth smiled then pulled back, amused by her best friend’s question. She chuckled. “What’s with the face?”

“Well you know, some people tend to crack under the pressure and right now you have a lot going on and I know your mother isn’t making it any easier for you.”

“Oh Willow you know me so well and you’re right I’m feeling the pressure but I plan on being a good little Summers girl. I’m going to marry the man I love and live happily ever after.”

Seeing the devilish sparkle in Elizabeth’s eyes, Willow wasn’t convinced.